New Picture Thread

Folding is the most effective way to eat large slices of pizza without the use of utensils. Methinks Silver Jelly needs to be taking to Pizza Reeducation Camp now.

Anyone been to 7-Star pizza in Hoboken, NJ? 28" inch pie, 14" single slice neapolitan pizza.

BTW, pizza is not an Italian food. It's an American food. It's based off italian ingredients by and large but the particulars originated in New York City. It's an evolution of cooked italian flatbread with some toppings. The archetypical Neapolitan pizza has a thin and crispy crust, preferably in a brick oven, topped with tomato sauce, oregano, and a blend of cheeses, usually mozzarella and provolone. That is the pizza from which all other true pizzas are derived.

Chicago "deep dish" pizzas are really just a variety of pot pie with cheese instead of gravy and with no covering. They are not true pizzas, and must be eaten with a knife and fork.

The last few days I've been feeling really nostalgic.
One of the things that I love the most in the world is photography, I'm quite passionate about it, there's something that I get from taking pictures that I don't get from anything/anyone else. I specially like human portraits, capturing someone's essence on a photograph will never cease to amaze me.
I've always thought that the pictures I take say something about me as well so I thought I'd share a few portraits that I've taken and mean something to me.

Lore, my best friend. I'd give her both my kidneys if she needed them.

My sister. She's got my heart in her pocket since the day she was born. The only one that will let me stick plants in her face and things of that sort :p

Luisa, she made my cold mornings in Germany warmer.

Fortesa, Kosovo's fiercest, strongest, craziest child. My first good friend in Germany.

Luc. Did I mention Luisa made my mornings warmer? Well this little guy set them on fire.

Lisa. Meeting her was quite cathartic, she reminded me of a part of me I always try to ignore. I will never ever get tired of holding her and telling her how beautiful she really is, hoping one day she sees it too.

Gaby. She's my cousin, listening to her singing makes it all better somehow. Beautiful beautiful voice.

Ina. Sweetest kiss I've ever had. I could've really fallen for her...
we're still in touch via e-mail and yes, I feel funny everytime she writes.

And me ontop of the Olympia tower. One of my favorite selfportraits.

Hope you like 'em. :)

Chicago Pizza is am abomination to the name. I MUCH prefer NY-style. There's a place in Savannah called Vinnie Van Gogos that does a good pie, just right, with HUGE slices (14" sounds about right.)

I've also had traditional, brick-fired pizza, both on mainland Italy and in Sicily, where I lived for a spell. There's nothing to compare it to. Mmmmmmm....

@Morphine: I love your photos! You've got a knack for snatching moments just right, and capturing them. For the most part, awesome use of lighting, too. That shot of Gaby was, unfortunately, very washed by the color that overran it.

@Morphine: I love your photos! You've got a knack for snatching moments just right, and capturing them. For the most part, awesome use of lighting, too. That shot of Gaby was, unfortunately, very washed by the color that overran it.
I know! I thought so too once I saw it on the computer but I still liked it. I just wish I had realized when I took it to repeat the shot =/
I also wished my camera wasn't so crappy haha.

Thanks!

Anyone been to 7-Star pizza in Hoboken, NJ? 28" inch pie, 14" single slice neapolitan pizza.

BTW, pizza is not an Italian food. It's an American food. It's based off italian ingredients by and large but the particulars originated in New York City. It's an evolution of cooked italian flatbread with some toppings. The archetypical Neapolitan pizza has a thin and crispy crust, preferably in a brick oven, topped with tomato sauce, oregano, and a blend of cheeses, usually mozzarella and provolone. That is the pizza from which all other true pizzas are derived.

Chicago "deep dish" pizzas are really just a variety of pot pie with cheese instead of gravy and with no covering. They are not true pizzas, and must be eaten with a knife and fork.
I think you have mistaken the thread you wanted to post in. This goes in the outrageous claims thread.

P

Philosopher B.

Damn, Morphine, y'all know some beautiful-lookin' people. Awesome pics.

Man, I never liked pointless retcons...

C

Chazwozel

We eat it with our hands, folded!!!!!!!
My God you make me sick... :wtf:[/QUOTE]

The only decent pizza in Europe is in Italy. So I guess I'm trying to teach the ignorant about proper pizza eating technique (just like Droll and her Chicago blasphemy). This automatically disqualifies anyone in Europe from teaching anyone what good pizza is and how you handle that bad boy.

Yeah, the worst NYC pizza is still better than the best pizza anywhere else. AND WE EAT IT WITH OUR HANDS AND FOLDED! The only exception is if you're 5 years old and need your mommy to cut it up into bite size pieces.

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

My, my God...you are wise in the ways of pizza. I salute you sir!

Pizza should be eaten with your hands, slightly bent but not folded. If you fold it, it sticks with itself and it's texture changes more than one could guess.
You can eat it with a fork and a knife if you are in a poshy restaurant or you'll be the only person eating pizza, but In most cases it should be eaten with your hands.

At least, that's what I learned as an italian... of course, if now pizza isn't an italian food, we shall do as new yorkers do or whatever.

Actually, the modern pizza of tomato sauce (as opposed to fresh tomatos), cheese, and toppings owes its origins to the Margherita pizza invented by Raffaele Esposito to be served for King Umberto I and Queen Margherita of Savoy, in Naples, Italy. By then, various forms of pizza were already popular in Italy. Though pizza evolved a bit after becoming popular in the states, it's definitely an Italian food.

C

Chazwozel

Is pizza the steak of 2010?

Mmm, steak pizza.

I still hold my ground that people who eat steak anything less than well done (maybe a touch of pink in the center) belong in caves and should fling poo at each other.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Pizza should be eaten with your hands, slightly bent but not folded. If you fold it, it sticks with itself and it's texture changes more than one could guess.
You can eat it with a fork and a knife if you are in a poshy restaurant or you'll be the only person eating pizza, but In most cases it should be eaten with your hands.

At least, that's what I learned as an italian... of course, if now pizza isn't an italian food, we shall do as new yorkers do or whatever.
This is acceptable as long as the back of the slice is folded and you get that tear in the dough at the bottom where all the pizza grease drips out. Aww yeah dawg.

Is pizza the steak of 2010?

Mmm, steak pizza.

I still hold my ground that people who eat steak anything less than well done (maybe a touch of pink in the center) belong in caves and should fling poo at each other.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

This is acceptable as long as the back of the slice is folded and you get that tear in the dough at the bottom where all the pizza grease drips out. Aww yeah dawg.[/QUOTE]

Now that we seemed to be getting to an agreement in this pizza business, you had to bring out rare steak hate, didn't you?

There's a fancy-pants pizza place in town, and I hate it with all of my being. Pizza is a peasant food. It's supposed to be cheap and simple; not foie gras and shitake mushrooms. Ugh. If there isn't a bit of grease sliding down your wrist headed toward your elbow, you're doing it wrong. And, yes, pizza is held, folded (but not completely), and it doesn't have cheese in the crust or gimmicky toppings. Most importantly, the dough has to be good enough to eat on it's own! It's the most important part!! Good dough + spicy red sauce + pepperoni + sausage + cheese = perfection!

C

Chazwozel

There's a fancy-pants pizza place in town, and I hate it with all of my being. Pizza is a peasant food. It's supposed to be cheap and simple; not foie gras and shitake mushrooms. Ugh. If there isn't a bit of grease sliding down your wrist headed toward your elbow, you're doing it wrong. And, yes, pizza is held, folded (but not completely), and it doesn't have cheese in the crust or gimmicky toppings. Most importantly, the dough has to be good enough to eat on it's own! It's the most important part!! Good dough + spicy red sauce + pepperoni + sausage + cheese = perfection!
Dr. Awkward gets a gold star :thumbsup:

Yes.

C

Chazwozel

I'm hungry for pizza now. I'll be getting some for dinner and step-by-step pictures (hey this is a picture thread) on proper NYC pizza eating technique.

C

Chazwozel

Wtf?!??! Broccoli?!??! Bullshit! Bullshit, I say! The only green thing allowed on pizza are roasted green bell peppers!

I am of the mind that food can be changed. Or we would all be scarfing down on Pizza Margarita(can't remember the Italian spelling).

I like the simple spinach pizza, no red sauce just cheese, spinach and olive-oil.

I like the traditional NY style. And the Chicago Deep Dishes.

I like Anchovies

I like Pineapple and Canadian Bacon.

I like Jalapenos

I like veggie pizza

A bad pizza is like bad sex. It is still pretty good to get it from time to time.

C

Chazwozel

I am of the mind that food can be changed. Or we would all be scarfing down on Pizza Margarita(can't remember the Italian spelling).

I like the simple spinach pizza, no red sauce just cheese, spinach and olive-oil.

I like the traditional NY style. And the Chicago Deep Dishes.

I like Anchovies

I like Pineapple and Canadian Bacon.

I like Jalapenos

I like veggie pizza

A bad pizza is like bad sex. It is still pretty good to get it from time to time.
All are acceptable to me except for that last one (I just don't like broccoli)