Official Halforums Meet-ups

stienman (Adam Davis)
Ann Arbor, michigan

Met with @darkaudit, @BErt, @PatrThom, and@Enresshou in Ann Arbor summer 2013.

We went for snacks and drinks at a local watering hole near the university of michigan diag. I don't recall any other details, but I drove at least a few people from one place to the bar. Either to avoid parking fees, or because I wasn't drinking. Or we did something before the bar. Much laughter.

I've got a blurry picture or two somewhere. Let me check photobucket...

Reactions: Jay
Bowielee (Dale Anderson)- Superior, WI

Never met anyone from the boards, but had he not left the area, @MindDetective probably would have been one of my professors right now.

I do think there are enough people in mid to northern Wisconsin on the boards that it would be entirely plausible to have a Wisconsin meet up.

Chris, Fredrickson, WA (suburb of a suburb of Tacoma).

I've met @Hylian, had him round for dinner and Cards Against Humanity one evening a few months back, it was a blast. Next time we'll order pizza though, that soup took a lot longer than I remembered and I burnt the hell out of my hands on the bread. Oh, and I still have most of a container of spicy teriyaki seaweed strips, though now that I mentioned them, they sound tasty.

Chris in Murrieta, CA. About an hour from San Diego and about an hour-fifteen or so from LA. Haven't met anyone, though apparently I was hours away from a few folks when I was living in Atlanta.

Tim, Nelson BC Canada, soon to be in Tianjin China.

Met with @Terrik in Shanghai. He drank Guinness with my dad and I at an Irish pub there that no longer exists.

He's a pretty cool cat and I think he's got all the pictures.

No plans to visit any other cities that I know of. Where does @bhamv3 live? I might go there at some point.

Oh I should be in CA, VA, and NJ/southern PA in late April or early May. We haven't solidified plans yet other than I know I will be in VA on May 9 for my commencement. :D

Met with @Terrik in Shanghai. He drank Guinness with my dad and I at an Irish pub there that no longer exists.

No plans to visit any other cities that I know of. Where does @bhamv3 live? I might go there at some point.
Heh, so I apparently do.

IMG_7614.JPG

IMG_7616.JPG

IMG_7617.JPG

IMG_7618.JPG

IMG_7619.JPG

What a great night that was. I never would have thought I'd meet up with a halforumite in China. You should have gotten to Tianjin earlier Timmus. I definitely would have gone back up to Tianjin. Kinda wonder how that place has changed since I last lived there.

Ken Severin, I live in Raeford, North Carolina I have a house and anybody from the forums is welcome any time. I have met Mrs. Poptart....I did not try to steal her spawn but was merely enjoying the time out. I have also met Mrs Kagsin who was a lovely person even if she didn't watch my show and cheer me on! @Officer Charon I will be at a Georgia Southern Game next weekend.

As should come as little to no surprise, my name is Patrick, and I am currently transitioning from living in SE MI to SW MI.

--Patrick

Heh, so I apparently do.

What a great night that was. I never would have thought I'd meet up with a halforumite in China. You should have gotten to Tianjin earlier Timmus. I definitely would have gone back up to Tianjin. Kinda wonder how that place has changed since I last lived there.
There was another dude around Beijing or something that used to be pretty prolific wasn't there?

I have met Mrs. Poptart....I did not try to steal her spawn but was merely enjoying the time out.
Ok it wasn't stealing. We got separated in the museum. Lily was in a stroller, so I had to take her on the elevator. Noah wanted to take the stairs with Ken. They went downstairs and we went upstairs. The building we were in is pretty small, too, so it didn't take long to run into one another again. And Ken was concerned that he would have a crying kid on his hands if he didn't find me soon enough (but Noah really liked him since he's "an Army guy" so it wasn't really a problem).
It was a nice morning outing. Ken is a great guy, honestly. Lily doesn't remember him since she was only about 2, but Noah still knows he's Mommy's friend that skydives. Ken had posted some pictures at one point, but they may have been purged from the board with server changes. I think I had saved them on an external hard drive that has since croaked.
I still feel like I owe you a nicer lunch, @Docseverin.

I live in Taipei, and you're all welcome to stop by for a cup of bubble milk tea any time you want. :)

Even if you're one of them filthy commie sympathizers from across the Strait!

(I'm kidding, don't worry, I know you commie sympathizers are cool)

Oh I should be in CA, VA, and NJ/southern PA in late April or early May. We haven't solidified plans yet other than I know I will be in VA on May 9 for my commencement. :D
I don't know how tight your schedule is, but if you'd like to grab a cup of coffee (or pork roll) when you're around NJ, I'd be up for that. :)

I live in Taipei, and you're all welcome to stop by for a cup of bubble milk tea any time you want. :)
I hope this offer doesn't expire; the Z Clan is supposed to be returning to Taipei next year.

Joe, Houston TX, the Galleria, (moving to Nashville, TN in November), and I'd meet up with any of ya Texans no matter what I've wrote on the forums before

Jon, Buffalo, NY

I haven't met with anyone and its really lame of me. I live close to all the Southern Ontario people and theres a solid chance I've walked past @HowDroll without even noticing, just from going to the same school for a few years.

A HOBO ADVENTURE
When Nick met a hobo.

Several years ago @ThatNickGuy was returning to his parents home in Halifax to spend the Christmas holidays. An adventurous hobo took it upon himself to call Nick up and arrange some adventures. After a brief discussion with Nicks lovely mother, he warily answered the phone.

"Hello Nick, this is HCGLNS calling. You mentioned that you were in Halifax for the holidays and wondered if you want to have some adventures? "

I suddenly detected a strong smell and panicked tone reverberating from the telephone as Nick gasped in fear, " OH MY GOD! HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER? ARE YOU STALKING ME?!"
To which I calmly replied. "Relax Nick. I simply guessed that your parents share your last name and use a device called a phone book to obtain this number. "

Having assuaged his tremors we made arrangements to share food and beverages at a local watering hole known as Jack Astors.

Upon entering the establishment I was immediately greeted by a bubbly hostess, " Good evening Mr Hobo! Table for four?"

"No thank you, I'm meeting a gentleman tonight. Table for two at the bar will suffice. "

Upon receiving a fine table in the bar, a waitress approached and said,

"Good evening Mr Hobo. My name is Buxom. Would you like your usual?"

"Not tonight thank you, I'm driving. Just coffee please. "

"Milk cream or sugar?"

"Jack Daniels. And to start four of those unlimited garlic bread and for my main a full rack of ribs."

Nick eventually arrived and took his seat at the table. We made our introductions and Buxom quickly returned and asked for Nicks drink order.

"I'd like a Blue Lite please. "

Now for some reason the sound system in the restaurant skipped and many patrons were staring at us. Buxom her cleavage visibly deflated asked resigningly if a Keith's lite would suffice. She then offered many suggestions from the vegetarian section of the menu that Nick might enjoy.

After finishing our meal we made our way over to a book store called Chapters. Upon entering our noted author Nick was treated like royalty and appeared several inches taller. After a few minutes one of the several employees servicing Nick approached me and politely spoke.

"Excuse me sir, could you please refrain from pointing and laughing at the Starbucks patrons. Is there a book I could help you with?"

"No thanks I'll just go play with the Thomas train set."

Several hours later Nick finished his Warpoling and we headed long to our final destination, an electronics store called Best Buy.

Immediately upon entering the store several young male employees bolted from my sight, while a man with a very nice beard and a managers nametag approached me.

"Hello sir you look like a husband with a list from his wife."

"Indeed I do have a list from my wife. I require the following ..."

So myself being treated by a competent employee, the young male employees attempted to regroup but they were TOO SLOW! A vibrant young female employee named Chesty had swooped down on Nick and the two of them began a vigorous courtship over the video game selection.

Eventually I drove an exhausted and sated Nick home.

Government name is Samantha, most people call me Sam. I live in Chicago right now, although I've been sort of dreaming lately about moving to San Francisco.

I've hung out/gotten obscenely drunk with @ElJuski and @BananaHands a bunch of times. Wouldn't recommend it -- ElJuski smells weird and BH is a vegan. They have both decided they were too cool for Chicago and moved to opposite coasts, so I doubt I'll be seeing much of them anymore (or at least until Juski needs another wedding date.)

I don't have any pics with BH, but I'm sure most of you old-timers remember the infamous dickerdoodle photo shoot with Juice. He somehow managed to convince a school to let him work with children, so I won't re-post them without his permission, but here's a picture of him as a bunny:

And hanging out with some hot zombie bitch:

Even if you're one of them filthy commie sympathizers from across the Strait!

(I'm kidding, don't worry, I know you commie sympathizers are cool)
I think my staff hockey team might be playing a few games there actually.

ElJuski

Staff member
That Halloween was good times. Remember the girl bunny, Sam? Her friends were totally not havin' it with a manbunny shmoozing up to her (but ain't that the way it always goes?)

The real name is Darius, but my street name is D$ (and a student accidentally called me Mr. Juicy once before). Sam is my stand-by Chiraq wedding wedding date partner, and useful when trying to troll or bait nerd boys with her charm, Westerosi knowledge and donk-a-donk.

I lived with @BananaHands, where, together, we accidentally destroyed the Catholic Haiti Connection charity group through our slightly skewed from the mission line objective of getting laid (again...ain't that the way it always goes?). Together, BH and I have ostracized friends and co-workers, karaoke'd "Sailing Away", succumbed to either black mold poisoning or bed bugs, and played some Smash. Just a little bit. Just to see how it felt.

It felt right.

I also went to a few shows with Vagabond out at the 9:30 Club, where he saw face first the giant drunk egotrip typing right now.