Official Halforums Meet-ups

It was fun, and you all were lovely people! Sorry we were cut short, but keeping a 7-year-old from exploring Disney is like trying to stop a hurricane and a stampede.
It’s kinda hard to keep the reins on a 50 year old Disney fanatic too! She was calm because she just got off one of her favorite rides, Living with the Land.

I just think Living with the Land is a great ride.... If you want to take a nap. I personally can't stand it.

I just think Living with the Land is a great ride.... If you want to take a nap. I personally can't stand it.
It's kinda like It's A Small World, though. You gotta ride it at the right time and then make your own fun with it.

The Spouse and I love going on It's A Small World even though we know it is objectively boring and bad by today's standards. There are several reasons.
1) It's air-conditioned, sitting down, and kinda long. Good for breaks from the heat/other Florida weather
2) The boats don't have harnesses or restraints so you can sit relatively comfortably
3) You can usually pretty much walk straight onto it with little to no wait
4) We made up a story about how all of the dolls are the souls of people in limbo/purgatory. When you die and can't go on to your afterlife immediately, you wind up stuck in It's A Small World formed into one of the dolls. It explains why there are always new dolls, but you can still see older dolls among them as well. It's also why no matter how long you have been on it, there is seemingly always another room. There is always another room. Theeere is aalways a-no-ther room. AAA-NO-THER ROOM...

smallclown.jpg

This clown is the only one that realizes they are all trapped.

TBH I'm still mad they butchered Journey Into Imagination, that was my favorite ride when I was younger.

TBH I'm still mad they butchered Journey Into Imagination, that was my favorite ride when I was younger.
These days imagination isn’t valued as highly as it once was. Completing the journey is all that matters, so you can get back in line for another go.

—Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I love Figment so much (who would have guessed?). It's a shame that Michael Eisner hated him, leading to Figment being pushed into the background for far too long.

Anyone going to Dragon*Con 2022? I just secured my hotel a few days ago.

Edit: I miss the old days when you could actually cozy up to celebs without paying $100
Aphrodite from Hercules.jpg

Alexandra Tidings (Aphrodite on Xena and Hercules). I almost didn't recognize her. Fun fact: The armband she wore in the show was to cover up that tattoo.
1639445735343.png

Greg w Chase Masterson.jpg

Me -N- Chase Masterson. I think I had Michael Dorn take this pic if memory serves.

Lol, I just remembered that t-shirt I'm wearing was dragons fucking in various positions. I have no idea what ever happened to it.
But you can get it here. I'm very tempted to buy it again

Dave

Staff member
And it now looks like we will be leaving Dauphin Island a day early to spend Friday, July 22 in New Orleans.