Rant V - The Drama Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd report it either way.
In these cases, it's like with the internet. If there's no pics, it didn't happen. If there's no reports, it didn't happen.
And then you'd be kicking some stalker-kid's ass and get in trouble yourself without the previous stalkery having been correctly documented.

Of course, if the police is invilved, you may lose the possibility of kicking that fucker's ass, and I know that, if I was you, I would really like to have this possibility, at least as an irrational thought.

Do you have caller ID? Where is he calling from?[/QUOTE]

Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Area Code 225.

Called our phone company, they can't block US numbers. *sigh*

If he calls today, he gets the full wrath of Adam + "If you make contact with us again, I will be contacting Baton Rouge PD immediately with your information".

Dave

Staff member
He's called 3 times in the last hour, left one voice mail. We haven't answered any of them. Wife now says she just wants me to pick up the phone and tell him to fuck off - well, between the periods where she's shaking like a leaf with fear.

Going to my parents house for awhile for some familial support

CALL! THE! COPS!

Now. A crush does not do things like this. You need to alert the authorities to this. If anything does happen you want it KNOWN that he's been a freak and that will help if you have to take drastic action. Right now he could say/do anything and it's just your word versus his.

Cajungal

Staff member
In these cases, it's like with the internet. If there's no pics, it didn't happen. If there's no reports, it didn't happen.
And then you'd be kicking some stalker-kid's ass and get in trouble yourself without the previous stalkery having been correctly documented.

Of course, if the police is invilved, you may lose the possibility of kicking that fucker's ass, and I know that, if I was you, I would really like to have this possibility, at least as an irrational thought.

If he calls today, he gets the full wrath of Adam + "If you make contact with us again, I will be contacting Baton Rouge PD immediately with your information".[/QUOTE]

Oh, damn. If you can find anything else I might be able to get git 'im for you!

If he calls today, he gets the full wrath of Adam + "If you make contact with us again, I will be contacting Baton Rouge PD immediately with your information".[/QUOTE]

Oh, damn. If you can find anything else I might be able to get git 'im for you![/QUOTE]

Brandon Mitchell, black, age 23, 5'8", skinny, glasses, one functioning eye, lives with mom.
Wants to join the Peace Corps in February.
Plays WoW under the name "Kamarile".

Yes, my wife is being stalked by Steve Urkel.

Dave

Staff member
People say they want to join the Peace Corps to look good. If he really wanted to do it he'd have done it.

Dave

Staff member
Did anyone besides me notice that his WoW name is Graendal's real name in the Wheel of Time series? She is one of the Forsaken who likes to use mind control and torture.

Did anyone besides me notice that his WoW name is Graendal's real name in the Wheel of Time series? She is one of the Forsaken who likes to use mind control and torture.
This guy seems like a fictional character. Please, man, call the cops, move to your parent's house (I asked for the caller ID because, well, if he was calling you from across the street, or behind the bushes, he could actually FOLLOW YOU, and don't do anything that can get you in trouble if you don't have to...

This is being* a really bad situation for you, and I really hope it ends soon.

*is this verb used like this?

Wow, I was going to come in here and bitch about not feeling any love from the internet lately, but given Adam's sitch, I'm thinking maybe I'm okay with that.

*SJ, you'd actually just say, "This is a bad situation for you."
I wanted to imply a situation that is currently active baut started some time ago... I guess my inner spansih (or rather, OUTER spanish) doesn't understang that from the correct tense...

...Also, my english is worse every day. Wich is a mini rant in itself.

Wow, I was going to come in here and bitch about not feeling any love from the internet lately, but given Adam's sitch, I'm thinking maybe I'm okay with that.
Heh, yeah. I look back and I guess I'm kind of naive about people in general. Small town boy meets big world kind of thing. We've always chatted and been very open with our lives, not really keeping secrets or even caring if people we were talking to knew what was going on, how we were feeling, where we were going, etc.

And it's never really harmed us until now. Let this be a cautionary tale that not everyone is as well-adjusted as you think they are.

S

Silvanesti

Dear 2009, Go die in a fire.

This year can not finish quick enough. Especially these last couple weeks. I haven't even had time to fuck around here.

Computer is kaput. Gotta post at school or on my iphone (which just kinda gets annoying)

the November episode is still not out because we just didn't do anything during thanksgiving. Hopefully it'll be out this weekend and I'd honestly have to see the whole thing before I showed it to anyone. Just to clue you in, it's called "cheap fun" which should be an indicator to how piss poor horrible it'll turn out.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRGABLARGABLGHRA

I feel a bit better.

To get onto the punching stupid people in the head ... there is a 'local industry' that everyone in the world seems to have an opinion on, and every time I see it brought up I know I'll rage before the night is through.

* I may be responsible for a rather major problem at work (not that it matters much because I'm due to be laid off at the end of the month anyway, but I'd rather be laid off than fired) * Furnace appears to be broken * Wife is reporting that she now has a 101F fever * Service shop called an told us the van (with the busted axle) still isn't ready psigh * stupid proxy I have to use since work blocks HF removes line breaks in my posts for whatever reason prage

North_Ranger

Staff member
Goddammit my Changeling the Lost group is dysfunctional. The players are nice and all, but in-character we never seem to get along or even work together to a point where we DON'T end up either arrested or shot at (both have happened). We have a more-than-beastly Hunterheart (essentially a Leopard furry with a lethal natural attack) whose impatience has led to a gunfight, almost being kicked out of the safehouse and one particularly nasty incident involving the living room carpet; my character, a careful (read: cowardly) Mirrorskin (a shapeshifter who suffers ill effects in daylight) who tries to talk the group into working together for some goal, whatever it may be; a hermit Manikin (giant, copper-skinned man) who is monomaniac about getting home; and a prissy Fairest (think of Galadriel on ecstacy) who treats everybody as her personal servants. Our games are a bit mind-fucky since you never know what's gonna happen - in a bad way.

Last time, for instance, we were supposed to scout out the home of a possible serial killer in preparation for dealing with him (ie. removing him from the area, either true persuasion, brute force or murder). The guy seems like a survivalist with a high, fenced-off 'burbs home. The Hunterheart grows impatient, jumps over the wall and goes to knock on the door. Nothing happens, we go have lunch in the nearby park.

Just then, four police cars appear, and the Hunterheart - who has a measure of military experience - understands that we are being surrounded. We try to make a run for it. My Mirrorskin gets caught while trying to find a place to hide, and the cops surround the rest of the group, guns pointed at them. The Fairest uses her powers to spellbind the policemen into letting her go, and I - handcuffed in the back of the police car - decide to help as well, using a power that makes the commanding officer afraid and susceptible to persuasion and threats.

Unfortunately his gun goes off, and everything goes south from there.

When we stopped for the night, the Fairest had managed to run away, the Manikin surrendered after being shot, the Hunterheart is in a coma, the Fairest managed to run away, two cops are dead and one is wounded - and my Mirrorskin is still in the back of the police car, having changed shape to a beat-up older man. I'll see if I can pull off some decent lies about "being beaten up by some punk and shoved into the back of the car" to get the hell outta there.

Oh, and did I mention? We're supposed to deal with the serial killer in the next 24 hours or we'll be kicked out into the street from the safehouse. Not gonna happen, I fear.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I decided to have a dinner out at a restaurant. Nobody showed up when they said they would. Not like it matters, the restaurant owner closed early anyways. :eek:rly:

Cajungal

Staff member
I wanted to imply a situation that is currently active baut started some time ago... I guess my inner spansih (or rather, OUTER spanish) doesn't understang that from the correct tense...

...Also, my english is worse every day. Wich is a mini rant in itself.[/QUOTE]

If you were referring to something that started a while ago you could say:

This has been a bad situation for you. (although that could imply that it's over)

You just don't really see "is being" in that context. It comes off awkward.

...Also, my english is worse every day. Wich is a mini rant in itself.[/QUOTE]

If you were referring to something that started a while ago you could say:

This has been a bad situation for you. (although that could imply that it's over)

You just don't really see "is being" in that context. It comes off awkward.[/QUOTE]

Damn you, outer spanish! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

(Understang made me laugh, though. My inner bad typist will live)

Cajungal

Staff member
:rofl: It's an honest mistake. It's not as if it's never said.

Some examples in which it would be appropriate:

"Tim is being a jerk."

"That customer is being difficult."

...But you probably already knew that. Sorry, when I get into teacher mode it's hard to turn off.

:rofl: It's an honest mistake. It's not as if it's never said.

Some examples in which it would be appropriate:

"Tim is being a jerk."

"That customer is being difficult."

...But you probably already knew that. Sorry, when I get into teacher mode it's hard to turn off.
I get my teacher mode on all the time... and I'm not even a teacher!

Status
Not open for further replies.