Rant V - The Drama Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting so freaking disillusioned about this food bank job. Doing too much work for not enough pay, and there's no opportunity to advance within the organization that I can see.

R

rabbitgod

We're setting up a new Time Clock thingy at work today. It's my project and I'm trying to bring us into this century in terms of technology. We need to run both systems for the first week that way if there are any issues with the new system we have the back up. This is peoples pay we're talking about, so I'm not fucking around when I say I want both systems operating at the same time.

Sure enough, when I come in this morning I go ask how things are going and they say they aren't using the old system. Really? That's not what I told them to do. They tell me, "Oh, it seems to be working just fine so we were confident we didn't need it."

Without the old system how would you know? We need the numbers on the old system to verify that the new one is collecting data correctly.

And then last Friday the CEO goes out and gets a new contract for porta-john services. Doesn't tell anybody, just goes out and does it. He calls up and tells me that we're doing such and such. I tell him that it's possible we are still under contract with the people we currently use (we aren't, but I had to go verify it). He gets all pissed and says that he wished he had been told that before he went and did it.

Yeah, maybe you should call first. Maybe you should take the 5 minutes it takes to verify that info. Nobody told you? Yeah, that's because we didn't know. I can't go back in time and tell you things. Even if I could, I certainly wouldn't work here, not with my fancy wayback machine.

This apartment has been a sick house for the last month. Apparently that's on account of the fact that my fiance's swine flu (just went to the doctor and confirmed the diagnosis) has now turned into bronchitis. Go us.

North_Ranger

Staff member
RRRAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Saatanan pukinmunaa imevät paskanapaiset akateemiset paskamahat! Jumalauta teitä ja teidän vuotavan visvaisen vitun johdatusta oikeustieteisiinne, senkin taulapäät, paskiaiset, mulkerot, vitun kullinlutkuttajanäädät! Haistakaa kaikki kuulkaa oikein pitkä, rusinantuoksuinen ripulipaska ja tunkekaa joulukuusi sivuttain perseeseenne!!! :frusty::frusty::frusty:

I'm sorry you had to hear that... I'm just frustrated beyond belief about an introductory course to legislative studies here at the uni. They say it's a goo course for anyone taking the subject as a minor (I intend to do so, expanding my studies if I can't get a job). And yet they frickin' organize it like they were running and peeing at the same time:
- 4-hours-straight lectures
- two outsider lecturers who have only a faint idea what the other person has lectured about and who know jack shit about the practical stuff (eg. when the exams are, where they'll be held and so on). Ask them anything and they look at you like a brain-dead cow and go "Uuuuhhh... I thought you were told this already? I mean, it's all in the internet, right?".
- Five big books to be read in three weeks for the exam.
- And now, finally, when it's time to get the exam done and forget all the troubles about this course... the exam is started two hours early, leaving yours truly fuckin' stranded.

I'm so fuckin' pissed right now... I know the information about the exam date was somewhere (heck, I realized I was late when I saw people coming out of the lecture hall), but for God's sake, why can't they fucking tell us these things instead of going "Durr, it's all in dem intar-tubes"? RAAAAAGGGHHH!!!

Luckily the Finnish system allows one to take the exam on one of three separate occasions. I better go sign up for that...

Fucking goat-fuckin' sons of bitches...

W

Wasabi Poptart

Sorry NR. I know you are frustrated beyond belief. However, this..

And yet they frickin' organize it like they were running and peeing at the same time
absolutely cracks me up.

It is a pretty ridiculous mental image. Someone runnig, peeing, organizing soemthing, and in my mind, sobbing at the same time.

North_Ranger

Staff member

And yet they frickin' organize it like they were running and peeing at the same time
absolutely cracks me up.
Heh... yeah. I realized it now that I used a Finnish idiom that really doesn't translate well into English ;)

Juosten kustu or roughly "peeing while running" means a half-assed effort or any project that's been done badly as hell.

In this case, everything about the course was juosten kustu: none of the lecturers knew anything, nobody took any responsibility, neither of them how things usually went at the university and hence could not give any 'heads up' about such little things such as ooh, the exam schedule.

I'm okay now, though. Just... please, for the sake of your own sanity... don't try to translate my rant in Finnish. I was seriously cheesed off, and one of the mental images I used in the rant involved anal insertion of a Christmas tree. Sideways.

I'm okay now, though. Just... please, for the sake of your own sanity... don't try to translate my rant in Finnish. I was seriously cheesed off, and one of the mental images I used in the rant involved anal insertion of a Christmas tree. Sideways.
And you consider this worse than felatio with Old Scratch?

North_Ranger

Staff member
Don't know, I never considered alcohol and blowjob in the same context. To me it sounds the same like eating mashed potatoes while being a cunning linguist.

W

Wasabi Poptart

absolutely cracks me up.
Heh... yeah. I realized it now that I used a Finnish idiom that really doesn't translate well into English ;)

Juosten kustu or roughly "peeing while running" means a half-assed effort or any project that's been done badly as hell.[/QUOTE]

I think it translated very well. Or at least I understood exactly what you meant by it. My family has some really odd idioms they use and that one would fit right in.

My dog is hurt and I don't know why. :(

He acts like his entire right side hurts him. He kinda curls his body to the left, and can't look to the right. When he lays down it's hard for him to get his right legs under him to get up, and he has a horrible time trying to go up steps. I didn't see him fall or get hit by anything. He doesn't act like he's bruised or anything. Gonna be bringing him to the vet in a bit.

My dog is hurt and I don't know why. :(

He acts like his entire right side hurts him. He kinda curls his body to the left, and can't look to the right. When he lays down it's hard for him to get his right legs under him to get up, and he has a horrible time trying to go up steps. I didn't see him fall or get hit by anything. He doesn't act like he's bruised or anything. Gonna be bringing him to the vet in a bit.
It almost sounds like he had a stroke. How old is he?

Dave

Staff member
That used to happen to my dog. Turns out she was epileptic. Which is part of the reason we couldn't afford to keep her.

Hope it's nothing.

He's only 5.

Of course as soon as we got there he started feeling better. He gets really nervous at the vet though, I have to carry him in. Not easy with an 80 pound lab. This actually happened about 6 months ago, but not as bad. He tested positive to ehrlichiosis at the time (it's similar to lymes disease). They say the symptoms can come back from time to time. They couldn't find anything else wrong with him, so that's what they think it was.

He still doesn't like to turn his head to the right, but he can walk up and down steps now. You just don't realize how much they mean to you until they are pressed up against you and whimpering. Worst part is just not knowing whats wrong.

*Edit* I think he pushed himself too much too soon. He's limping pretty good again.

The swine flu has finally gotten to/through all of the kids. We started dealing with it two weeks ago. Only three of them showed the classic symptoms (sudden high persisting fever), the other two were just sick in general, and my wife and I got to go through milder flu-ish symptoms over the last week. The baby finally has a gunky nose, and our second kid finally started his fever this morning, so by the end of the week we should have it all out of our systems.

Pretty badly messed up our thanksgiving plans, but we were able to enjoy a lot of good time with the kids, so it all evens out.

L

LordRavage

I thought life would be different at this age.

Just feeling very tired..about a lot of things.

Oh, I forgot to post this yesterday, but I got let go from my temp job via phone, about 10 minutes after I got home. When I was AT work all day, they still said they didn't know anything new/when we'd be released. I knew it was winding down so it wasn't a huge shock, but it still seemed kind of spineless to not tell me in person/to my face at least so I could say goodbye to people! Oh well! I was going to fly up home for a while whenever the job ran out, so this just speeds that process up by a couple weeks! Expect more rants about staying in the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh zone

I wiped out hard on ice on Sunday while chasing someone, ruining my uniform pants and tearing something in my leg. I'm on light duty and I have to fly down to Edmonton tomorrow to get it checked out. Sucks. I'm more angry at the 120 dollar uniform pants than at the injury though for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.