Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game! (Thread allowed 30 pages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

"surely this must hurt, i should wake up"
"hmm indeed.. roll the dice"
*critically misses*
"nope, you don't wake up"

doomdragon6

Staff member
Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

Speakin' of which, Kratash needs to start carrying a bag of rocks, and every time we enter a room, just toss one in.

If it doesn't get exploded, spiked, acid-ridden, or choked by the undead, you can walk in.

Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

doomdragon6 said:
Speakin' of which, Kratash needs to start carrying a bag of rocks, and every time we enter a room, just toss one in.

If it doesn't get exploded, spiked, acid-ridden, or choked by the undead, you can walk in.
Too bad some monsters respond to heat or life force.
Take a page from the Knights of the Dinner Table.
Just buy a herd of sheep and send them through til all the traps are sprung.

Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

escushion said:
Shawnacy said:
Gurpel said:
So, when are you guys gonna teach me the real power?

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
What the *? Is that supposed to be taken seriously or something?
Yes. That's done by a real evangelist psychopath.
pfff you're just saying that because of the intense occult training you've recieved from d&d.
doomdragon6 said:

there is a reason that the second character i created was a rogue >>

A VERY SPECIAL EDIT: and now for something completely different, a man who used to be a catholic vampire http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/vampire.asp

Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

Shawnacy said:
Just buy a herd of sheep and send them through til all the traps are sprung.
Not the sheepiez! Nuuuu! :waah: *cuddles her sheep plushie* Shh, it will be ok. I won't let them hurt you.

*then pats the kobold on the head*

doomdragon6

Staff member
Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

Hopefully sum'n fun. :p

I always like running into stuff on the road.

Granted, I've only done it once, and it was a bunched of zombies that tried to munch on me.

Oh well!

Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

From the Journal of Errik Loreno

It was an interesting first outing for our group of adventurers. It is strange to work closely with people of so many different backgrounds and worldviews. Where I come from a position of "Burn first, ask questions later" in regards to the... monstrous races, other party members seem to think that they are worth saving.

It had never occured to me! For all of my studying and training, I was always led to believe that anything that showed aggression towards humans and other civilized races were Evil with a capital E.

Turns out the humans we rescued today were the FIRST to encroach on the kobolds' holy site! But the kobolds definitely had them chained to the wall near a demonic alligator creature they had summoned... Is this what they call a moral grey area? Was it evil for Bradley and the girls to try to rob the kobolds? Was it evil or justified for the kobolds to imprison them? Is it evil to light an ally aflame in order to save her life?

ALL these questions were running through my head, at the same time as my allies argues about their best courses of action.

Here is my final takedown:

- Pillaging another race's holy site = probably evil
- Sacrificing prisoners to a summoned demon-gator = most likely evil
- Doing our best to maintain the peace between two very different settlements = good - credit TAKEN

Overall, we took a few hits, and killed a handful of kobolds, but were able to save the lives of a couple of human girls. I'm going to count that as a win.

Also of note: I think that Kratash and I are going to get along very well. We seem to be on the same page, and I like his style. And I love any opportunity to throw out another magic missile whenever he does his brash assaults. The dragonfolk are both fairly interesting people, literally breathing magic and yet choosing the way of the sword.

For now, we are heading south to Bridgeport. I hope that our next adventure hasa few less dire moral implications, and also that I can unravel the mysteries behind this new tome.

- E. Loreno
For The Good Of The Family

doomdragon6

Staff member
Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

Paging Dr. Gurpel

Dr. Gurpel

Dr. Gurpel, please report to the Shawnacy's Game Table.

Dr. Gurpel - to the Shawnacy's Game Table

Paging Dr. Gurpel

Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

Great games guys. Absolutely good times.

Games are getting more smooth, people are into it. Next week, more roleplaying our characters. :)

Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

I liked that session more than the last one; i was sick and doped up on tylenol that time.

I had a lot of fun, and now we have a horse named fabio, so i guess everyone wins.

Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

"wait horse!" lol

PS : THAT COMIC LOOKED A BIT LIKE THE OLD ONE. SHAWNACY KURTZ YOU HACK!

Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

SeriousJay said:
"wait horse!" lol

PS : THAT COMIC LOOKED A BIT LIKE THE OLD ONE. SHAWNACY KURTZ YOU HACK!
Oh noes!
They're on to me.
Ninja Vanish!
*foosh*

Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

Gurpel said:
now we have a horse named fabio
Beeotch, who's this "we" you speak of? Fabio's mah horse! *twin strike to your ass* :twisted:

But, yes, the sessions just keep getting better and better. I love it! Thursday is going to become my favorite day of the week. I'm also feeling rather proud that we are providing comic-worthy material. :D Hee hee hee.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Sorceror utility powers and feats suck.

Wizards are way better.

Anywho, won't have the summary up for a bit. Entertaining the GF and all.

Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

doomdragon6 said:
I'm gonna go ahead and say that Sorceror utility powers and feats suck.

Wizards are way better.

Anywho, won't have the summary up for a bit. Entertaining the GF and all.
WHAT?!? Look at the one for 2nd level that gives a +5 on ALL skills out of combat. It's an Encounter power that grants a +5 on the next skill. Since it's out of combat you can do it every 5 minutes.

SUPER useful utility spell.

Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

Shield
+4 to AC/Reflex / encounter

vs

Deep Shroud
-5 to enemy attack for 9 squares for an entire encounter / day

I'll take the obscurement for the entire encounter any day.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game!

Yeah, it just says +2 to any skill for me, which, while not worthless, isn't worth a utility.

I think I'll take the teleport utility. Alius's Fey Step has been awesome for me, but even this teleport is shit because it's only half my speed-- 3. (What if I had a speed of 5? Oh look, I can teleport two. Woo.)

Seriously, the wizard is the class for me. The -only- thing I like about Sorcerers so far is the +7 to damage I get. Their spells aren't bad (Chaos Bolt + Wild Magic is pretty coo') and the Wild soul feature is nifty, but eh.

I just can't decide on any feats or utilities becaaauuse.. They're just meh. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.