*sighs, turns over "DAYS SINCE LAST MASS SHOOTING IN AMERICA" sign to 0*

Remember every time a child is killed with a gun, George Washington is looking down smiling that we have a well-regulated militia.

This is my guess. I mean, otherwise why come so prepared?
This is Texas. In some areas it's not exactly unheard of for a hunter or "good ole boy" to have multiple rifles and such in his car.

Quick example, but only a few months ago my neighbor had a friend visit for a few days. One day I came home from an errand and the friend was showing my neighbor his EXTENSIVE gun collection right out of his trunk. everything from pistols to automatic rifles, and one gun that looked like he probably built it himself. I kind of hurried into my house that day.

So I just found out Apple were making a "Mass Shooting" movie with Richard Gere as one of the shooters. I was like, damn, okay, fine, whatever.

Then I learned they cancelled it, oh okay I think that's a good idea. A movie is a movie, but it's kind of poor taste right now.

Then I found out it was not because, you know, glorifying a mass shooting is kind of shitty. No, supposedly the script made the two mass shooters, you know, the people gunning down innocent people, were not "aspirational" enough. They wanted us to really get to love the friendship of the two men as the mowed down Millennials.

I just don't get this planet anymore.

Remember, it's the Hollywood that made a movie where the downtrodden MAGA people were the heroes of the movie and evil Liberal gun thieves were the villains and they lost their fucking minds about it after Trump tweeted about it because Trump literally doesn't understand anything. Or as Seanbaby so eloquently put it in a recent twitter post.

Hey that’s great and all but the bigger question is why is there a dedicated “Douglas County Youth Center for Terrorist Threats?” Some prescient soul in Douglas County awhile back saw that there would be a future need for this and decided to get ahead of the curve?

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Hey that’s great and all but the bigger question is why is there a dedicated “Douglas County Youth Center for Terrorist Threats?” Some prescient soul in Douglas County awhile back saw that there would be a future need for this and decided to get ahead of the curve?

—Patrick
Considering that Omaha has had a school shooting and foiled another two, maybe it's needed.

There were trauma kits in every room. Blood clotting agents and tourniquets. Likely saved the life of a girl that was shot.
The most fucked up party of this? I mean, the MOST fucked up part of this? This is turning into an industry.

Like... not only are schoolboards going to have to justify spending money on this kind of stuff, but they are going to have to deal with pitches and people trying to exploit them over this. Wow behold the school district that doesn't pony up for some kind of anti-shooter doodad and has to explain to the parents and the media why their school didn't have the latest in security shit when their school got hit. It's bad enough we're building schools with fucking cover in it's design so shooters have a harder time getting a shot.

I'm glad that someone was saved by this stuff, though.

—Patrick
I just read it as typical bad twitter grammar. They were trying to say “... was booked, into the Douglas County Youth Center, for terroristic threats”. I doubt there is an entire complex dedicated to this and this alone. Right? RIGHT?!

Please be right.

...crap. She ragequitted back in August.

Dear God, I really hope she wasn't involved in that shooting at Pearl/Hickham.

We were fine. My daughter's school was on lockdown because they're on Navy property, but it was already at the end of the school day. It happened where Aussie used to work before he retired. That freaked me out, but we were all safe. Thanks for asking about us.

GasBandit

Staff member
But.. it's illegal to have a firearm in a 51% establishment.
Surely you aren't implying that this person is the sort who would disregard gun laws. He must have merely been misinformed. I'm sure that he, like anyone who intends to shoot somebody in a night club, will immediately turn over their firearms if a more stringent ban is enacted. And then the (disarmed) law abiding public will surely have nothing to fear.