South Africa 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooohhh... yeah, that was crap. Kaka didn't deserve that red card, to be honest.

And yeah, "Elano" is pretty much "el ano" which is "the anus" in Spanish. Lots of jokes all over twitter over that.

Especially when he made plays with Kaka which sounds exactly like... well, you know exactly what it sounds like.

B

Biardo

No, seriously, WTF is wrong with Ivory Coast?
Wrong? Brazil would have scored lots more goals against most other teams. Hell, the way the "favorites" are playing, most teams losing by two goals to Brazil would consider themselves lucky.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, I was talking about the complete lack of sportmanship towards the end of the game, when Ivory Coast completely forgot about the game and started kicking the crap out of the Brazilian team (they actually injured Elano - BTW, isn't that Spanish for "The Asshole"?. To add insult to the injury, they managed to trick the ref into sending off Kaka.

Tsk, admitedly, it is likely that Luis Fabiano used his arm in the 2nd Goal...

I just wish FIFA would start using replays during the matches...[/QUOTE]

likely? Allowing that goal was the worst call I've seen all tournament, even worse than the rejected goal of the USA.

Still doesn't make a good excuse for the way Ivory Coast reacted after that.
A commentator on Belgian Television said that Brazil was looking for it because they tried to make the adversary look ridiculous with overly fancy plays after they bassicly got the game handed to them which off course frustated the players from Ivory Coast.

Still no excuse IMO, this was the worst referee I've seen all tournament, let's hope he goes home to France after this.

Bookmakers in Europe are now laying odds the French team will pack up and go home before their final group match with South Africa.

Anelka's behavior came as no surprise to me. When he was at Arsenal his psyche was as fragile and delicate as spun glass. You'd never know from match to match what his mood was going to be. Often brilliant, more often a petulant, sulking horse's arse.

France is as gutless a bunch as you'll find right now. I'd place that bet.

Z

zero

likely? Allowing that goal was the worst call I've seen all tournament, even worse than the rejected goal of the USA.
Yeah, I've watched it again, he clearly caught the ball with his arm... I still say the rejected USA goal was worse because not only it changed the outcome of the game, but the ref still hasn't explained why he rejected it!

lStill doesn't make a good excuse for the way Ivory Coast reacted after that.
A commentator on Belgian Television said that Brazil was looking for it because they tried to make the adversary look ridiculous with overly fancy plays after they bassicly got the game handed to them which off course frustated the players from Ivory Coast.
Lol, in here everybody is complaining about the ugly and uninspired football the Brazilian team is displaying.

Z

zero

Ok, the North Korean team IS getting [strike]fusilladed[/strike] [strike]fusilladeded[/strike] [strike]fusilled[/strike] oh, screw that, they're getting shot at.

O

Overflight

Whoa. 7-0. Against North Korea.

I guess it's inevitable that we get nuked now. In case I do not make it, I would just like to say it's been an honor and a privilege knowing you guys and I wish you luck with the inevitably following WWIII. :p

If Chile beats Switzerland here, Spain really has its work cut out for it just to advance. Honduras is going to feel the brunt of it this afternoon.

Z

zero

So now CONMEBOL is leading on every damn group it has at least a team in it (all but C, D and E).

What's wrong UEFA? You forgot how to play the game? :p

What's wrong UEFA? You forgot how to play the game? :p
Not for England, at least. This is how they've always played the game - long balls up to the attackers. I mean, sooner or later one of them's going to fall favorably for the strikers, right?

Hey, hey, hey... Uruguay may be leading our group but only because of a single goal difference.

We'll see how it stands tomorrow.

bitches

Sigh..this aint no fun. I remember the WM last time in Germany.Now that was a good time.maybe im biased cuz it was held in my country and I was in the middle of all the Fan Action,but this WM ist lackying exitement.

The fact that vuvuzelas make my ear bleed I have specifically avoided all games beyond Italy. I can barely stand watching replays of other games, it's beyond annoying.

I can't believe how many people are being so butt hurt by the vuvuzuelas, I barely even notice them to be honest.

It's probably due to the fact that they're also used (or at least similar plastic things) in Mexican Football all the time... not as much as in south africa, down here they blow them for a reason and not constantly... but seeing a game in the Estadio Azteca with 120,000+ screaming fans with plastic horn things will prepare you for any amount of vuvuzuela blowing, believe me.

I don't even notice them, even when watching a surround sound feed. It's not like you can't hear the commentators over them.

It's another thing when you're at the stadium and some idiot is blowing it right in your ear, of course. But watching on TV? Don't even know they're there most of the time.

It doesn't bother me anymore, but the first time I saw a match with them, I thought there was something wrong with my sound.

Then I thought it was signal interference of some kind.

I was wrong... :eek:rly:

Z

zero

I guess it's inevitable that we get nuked now. In case I do not make it, I would just like to say it's been an honor and a privilege knowing you guys and I wish you luck with the inevitably following WWIII. :p
Funny fact: This is the first time in history that an international football game was broadcasted live in the DPRK. I suppose it will be a while until it will happen again...

LMAO, are you serious?

Those poor people "Oh! Hey!! We can watch the game live now! Let's all sit down an-- uh... oh god. No, no.. not another one! TURN IT OFF!! TURN IT OOOOFFFFFF!!"

B

Biardo

Funny fact: This is the first time in history that an international football game was broadcasted live in the DPRK. I suppose it will be a while until it will happen again...[/QUOTE]

yeah? over here they said that normally south Korea sends the transmissions for free to the north but this time for obvious reasons they wouldn't but then North Korea made a deal with the FIFA, can't find any proof though.

Z

zero

Funny fact: This is the first time in history that an international football game was broadcasted live in the DPRK. I suppose it will be a while until it will happen again...
yeah? over here they said that normally south Korea sends the transmissions for free to the north but this time for obvious reasons they wouldn't but then North Korea made a deal with the FIFA, can't find any proof though.[/QUOTE]
Oh, that's probably true too, although I've heard TV's sold in the DPRK must be modified to receive only the official state television. Hmm, here's a BBC article about it.

But that was the first time an international football game was shown live by the official state television: World Cup 2010: North Korean TV to broadcast Portugal match | Football | guardian.co.uk

On unrelated news, France isn't even trying, right?

I wonder if Laurent Blanc, the guy who will be taking over the French national team after the World Cup, will have the guts to say to this group of players, "Okay, you don't want to represent your country? Wish granted, all twenty three of you just started your international retirement."

Sure, France will suck for the next few years, but it'd be so worth it.

Z

zero

And Uruguay has just scored against Mexico. If South Africa makes two more goals they will advance to the elimination round!

Go Bafana Bafana, you can do it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.