[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Everyone who made Hell on Wheels' finale (after a MUCH improved season that wasn't unwatchable garbage) needs to be sat in a room and beaten with phone books. Unless they were making a comedy, in which case, they succeeded.

Everyone who made Hell on Wheels' finale (after a MUCH improved season that wasn't unwatchable garbage) needs to be sat in a room and beaten with phone books. Unless they were making a comedy, in which case, they succeeded.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! This isn't what I wanted to hear! :(

On a Justice League run right now, no matter how old I get
Grundy's death still brings a tear.
Also finally saw the Christmas special for the first time, it was really good especially in how natural it felt. Also that part where J'onn ate an Oreo was extremely satisfying. And not they are not chocos, they are Oreos dammit! OREOS!

It's Always Sunny has been on fire this season and this latest episode is one of the best they've put out in years. There was almost no point where I wasn't laugh crying. It was made to make The League look bad, because that's exactly what it does.

The League is just spiraling down the toilet and no one on the show seems to fucking care. The writing is as lazy as tv comedy writing can get. The sooner it's put out of its misery the better. I really enjoyed it before too.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is improving with every new episode. Easily the best new comedy on TV. Hopefully it can jump the hurdle that being saddled with Dads as a lead in is, but that hurdle may be like asking an amputee to jump over the Sears tower. Dads is the worst thing. It being a police sitcom also isn't a blessing since I don't think there's been a successful one since Barney Miller. But it does it for me. The Captain is one of the funniest characters on TV.

My wife and I have been watching a lot of TV lately.

Suits (Season 3): What an amazing season. Loved every episode.

How I Met Your Mother (Season 9): I love this series. This season so far has not been a let down.

Sleepy Hallow: Meh. I mean I guess I can sit through this one just fine. It's like it's trying to be Haven and Supernatural all at once, but doesn't do what those other shows do well. But its worth seeing it through the end of a season I guess.

Face Off (season 5): Always awesome. This is the only reality show I'll watch.

Supernatural (Season 8): We're a season behind since Netflix just released season 8. But we're recording season 9.

Haven (Season 3): My wife loves this series. I think it's okay.

Arrow (Season 2): This show has way too much drama to be a super-hero show, but it's growing on me.

Season 8 of Supernatural has 2 Felicia Day guest starring episodes. That may be a plus or minus in your book. (it's a plus in mine).

Season 2 ep 1 Turtles: Bio-droid with chainsaw nipple tentacles, scary mutant bat monster, and mutagen canisters are ALL over the city as a set-up for an awesome season. Really I love the mutant designs of this series, sure there were a few gruesome mutants in the original series but this series brings a whole new level of gruesomeness All slimey and deformed, its beautiful! I mean look at this guy!
That. Is. A. SQUIRREL! And then there's Ice Cream Kitty.
Not gonna lie, this freaked me the hell out.

I know, its so cool! I love that they chose to give him an asymmetrical body design like
Kirby(not sure if this needs a tag since but good to be sure)
, that's always a nice touch.

So, Arrow is now on Netflix. Now, I wasn't even going to bother with the show, given CW's history with DC shows (loathed Smallville). But after a few episodes, I can admit my preconceptions were not correct. I like it. I think I might end up really liking it.

And then I watched the Huntress episodes.

Oh my God, I don't know if it was the writing, the terrible actress or both but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK those two were rough.

On other tv topics

It's Always Sunny is still batting it out of the park. The sight of Danny Devito near the end of this week's episode is not something I'll forget and that the gang

wasn't actually sick, but going through the DT's from alcohol withdrawal
was also pretty magical. This season is fantastic.

Then The League is on. I may stop watching that altogether very soon.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
And then I watched the Huntress episodes.

Oh my God, I don't know if it was the writing, the terrible actress or both but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK those two were rough.
Arrow is all over the map, even within a single episode. It's quality level varies even more than Smallville's did. Arrow is a glorious train wreck, though, and I intend to keep watching just because it can be both enjoyably good, and enjoyably bad, often in the same episode.

I'm worried about the Flash spin-off that's coming, though. I don't want it to just be boring bad, because that's not fun to watch.

Still watching Arrow, Ben Browder's looking a little chunky monkey.

But no amount of slight chub could make me not love John Chrichton.

Wait, Ben Browder is in that show?

Well, now I HAVE to watch it.
God damn, he's so charming. Same with John Barrowman, who is a series semi-regular.

The guys on the show man. I'm in good shape. I work out very regularly. These guys make me feel like I'm a 300 pound fat linebacker in high school school again.

God damn, he's so charming. Same with John Barrowman, who is a series semi-regular.

The guys on the show man. I'm in good shape. I work out very regularly. These guys make me feel like I'm a 300 pound fat linebacker in high school school again.
John Barrowman too? Yup, that's going on the Netflix queue as soon as I get home.

Alright Arrow guys, I know you're trying to do a Chris Nolan-esque real world super hero, no powers thing. I can buy the whole surviving murder island thing for 5 years the way he did, the magic technology that finds everything about everyone, the being as easy to identify as he is without getting caught.

What I don't buy is a world where everyone uses Microsoft Surface tablets and every single person uses a Windows smart phone, even in 2007.

What I don't buy is a world where everyone uses Microsoft Surface tablets and every single person uses a Windows smart phone, even in 2007.
You just wait.

I'll take Arrow over the last 4/5 DC movies for sure. It's not perfect, but it does a lot right. I particularly like how they figured out how to make a prequel story running along side the main story that still has consequences. Season 2 has been pretty good so far, furthering the build into a hero, and directly addressing the consequences of season 1 plots (both Starling City and the Island). The little touches on things make up for the occasionally dumb parts of the script.

Alright Arrow guys, I know you're trying to do a Chris Nolan-esque real world super hero, no powers thing. I can buy the whole surviving murder island thing for 5 years the way he did, the magic technology that finds everything about everyone, the being as easy to identify as he is without getting caught.

I bet they "Bing it," too.