[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

You just wait.

I'll take Arrow over the last 4/5 DC movies for sure. It's not perfect, but it does a lot right. I particularly like how they figured out how to make a prequel story running along side the main story that still has consequences. Season 2 has been pretty good so far, furthering the build into a hero, and directly addressing the consequences of season 1 plots (both Starling City and the Island). The little touches on things make up for the occasionally dumb parts of the script.
Totally, I'm really enjoying it (except Huntress, she was dreadful..and Count Vertigo, he was painful to watch), just making a joke about the product placement.

A wild Crixus appears!

Last edited:
I hate when Arrow and Elementary both have to wave a MS Surface in front of a camera. But with out product placement even good shows don't get made.

I haven't binged a show like this in so long. Almost done the first season of Arrow. I didn't think I would but I'm liking the flashback story as much (or more when Huntress is involved) as the regular show story. Give me as much Manu Bennett being a bad ass as possible.

It's kinda trashy, but it's the right kind of trashy.

Tommy "Raw Deal" Merlyn. That poor fuck.

Hey my best friend is a mass murderer. Boy, I'm glad my girlfriend likes him more than me. Oh good, he told me my dad is even worse than he is. Hey dad, my murderer friend who shoots arrows at people just told me that you too are a murdering psycho. Oh cool, you shoot arrows too. Well, I'm off to rescue my love interest from your nefarious plot. Oh hai rebar!

Last edited:
There's a scene in season 2 where a character turns away from the 30+" monitor and computer setup to do something from a surface and it's amazing one of a kind touch cover. It's a painfully obvious shot.

Strangely enough in the Crazy Ones (Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar's new show) is about an advertising company, but beyond their clients there's no product placement. There's seriously a conversation revolving around a crest ad two of the characters are working on while eating generic potato chips. It's pretty bizarre.

yea, it's really one of those situations where it wouldn't have bothered me to see him eating Lays or some other brand of chips, just really struck me as weird (although I find the generic brands on TV to be pretty jarring most the time), It seems like there's rarely the balance between generic world and product placement, which is a shame.

Wow, so I watched the first two episodes of season 2.

The character shift for Laurel was so abrupt that I'm surprised she isn't in a neckbrace for whiplash. Good lord. And Summer Glau is still awful. On the positive side, the actress that played Huntress is going to be in that new Dracula show, so chances of her return are low. Hopefully the same is true for Vertigo.

GasBandit

Staff member
After what seems like interminable eons, Grimm will start up again this friday. Here's hoping they don't jump the shark!

Alright, last episode of Arrow was great, a big improvement over Black Wolverite from last week (I love you Michael Jai White, but that role was awful). If you were to have told me I would be getting more of a geek comic book tv fix from Arrow than I would from a SHIELD show starring Agent Coulsen, I would have called you a liar, liar, penis/vagina on fire.

With the reveal of

the league of assassins (complete with Ra's al Ghul reference and acknowledgment of Merlyn's membership) and the mystery Black Canary (Lady Shiva?) being on the run from them

the Bronze Tiger just got a lot more potential.

Doomstar: A Klok Opera.

Brendon Small is a metal God.
Yeah, watched that tonight. Fucking amazing all the way through. PARTYING AROUND THE WORLD PARTYING AROUND THE WORLD PARTYING AROUND THE WORLD PARTYING AROUND THE WORLD.

Charles' song at the beginning was my favorite, totally.

Man, Arrow is good stuff and is continuing to be good stuff. Making me feel them melodrama feels and setting up so much stuff that the well ain't gonna be dry for a long time.

I kind of wish they hadn't announced that Flash is being introduced this season, or else all those mentions of a Star Labs particle accelerator would be a lot more subtle.

I really enjoyed the, second, I think it was, song. With the two villains singing to Toki and Andrea. Small's voice for Corpsegrinder is ridiculously brutal.

Yeah, watched that tonight. Fucking amazing all the way through. PARTYING AROUND THE WORLD PARTYING AROUND THE WORLD PARTYING AROUND THE WORLD PARTYING AROUND THE WORLD.

Charles' song at the beginning was my favorite, totally.

Man, Arrow is good stuff and is continuing to be good stuff. Making me feel them melodrama feels and setting up so much stuff that the well ain't gonna be dry for a long time.

I kind of wish they hadn't announced that Flash is being introduced this season, or else all those mentions of a Star Labs particle accelerator would be a lot more subtle.
IIRC They mentioned he would be a police scientist on loan from Central City, to help track down a criminal. You know who else in this season is from Central City? Bronze Tiger. Combine with the fact that he also has ties to the League of Assassins, and I'm overjoyed with how much of what they're setting up meshes.

I am on my third viewing of Doomstar. It's literally my favorite piece of entertainment right now.

I contributed to Brendon Small's website crashing trying to buy the soundtrack and featurette.

GasBandit

Staff member
I am on my third viewing of Doomstar. It's literally my favorite piece of entertainment right now.

I contributed to Brendon Small's website crashing trying to buy the soundtrack and featurette.
How badly is the voice change noticeable on Toki and Murderface, since the show's voice actor (Tommy Blacha) didn't reprise the role here?

How badly is the voice change noticeable on Toki and Murderface, since the show's voice actor (Tommy Blacha) didn't reprise the role here?
Toki doesn't talk except in a flashback, spending most of his time locked up as a prisoner for the rest of the band to save. Murderface I didn't notice having a different voice, but then I also haven't seen the show in awhile, and since all of the dialogue is in song (being an opera) it was hard to tell anyway.

Arrow-
WTF!?
Okay okay okay. I want to get deserted on a remote island for five years. So far you'll survive the ordeal and come back a super hero 100% of the time.

Now, my girlfriend made me watch a bunch of Mad Men with her. That's a thing I did. Now, it's my turn to make her watch a bunch of a show that I like that she's never watched. I have chosen Justified for this. Now, as I've learned, this has two benefits. Benefit One, I get to watch Justified again, and it's still fucking awesome. Benefit Two, I have learned that Timothy Olyphant being all swaggery causes her to make almost audible squish noises.

Justified is SO fucking awesome.

Now, my girlfriend made me watch a bunch of Mad Men with her. That's a thing I did. Now, it's my turn to make her watch a bunch of a show that I like that she's never watched. I have chosen Justified for this. Now, as I've learned, this has two benefits. Benefit One, I get to watch Justified again, and it's still fucking awesome. Benefit Two, I have learned that Timothy Olyphant being all swaggery causes her to make almost audible squish noises.

Hey, I'm marathoning Justified with my girlfriend, and am enjoying similar benefits. Go team.

And,

Okay tonight's Adventure Time...HOLY SHIT! We have entered actual suspense mode!

Also saw Steven Universe, pretty good kinda like a mellow Adventure Time. I also like how his name is Steven and his special weapon is
a shield with a star on it.
Heh, references.

I got a ways to go to get to the third season of Justified. Can't wait though, Neal McDonough is amazing in that season.

He's responsible for my second favourite line in that series: "I'm just gonna put a smile on my face, and eat a nice plate of steaming shit. Unsalted."

Just finished a binge run through That 70s Show - 8 seasons in less than 3 weeks. I used to be able to go faster, but girlfriends and work, oy.

Anyway, bit sad now, as I always get when I watch through the entire run of a show I like. I know there's absolutely no more of this show, ever. Had the same with Friends, or Scrubs, or Firefly even though that was short.
Why is it comedy shows always either end when you're sad to see them go, or go on too long and become ad rag/unfunny? Mind you, T70S was teetering on that edge - losing two main characters for the last season really hurt the chemistry and the feel of the show. Still, booh. Now looking for a new show to watch.

I felt like the last 2 seasons of the show weren't all that great.
7th season had lots of good moments but some parts of it were rushed or seemed illogical/go against established characters. 8th season had more of the latter, and seemed intent on "ending all storylines in a cliche way, even if the ending doesn't make sense anymore"
Fes and Jackie, Donna and Eric

I definitely enjoyed the first 5 or 6 seasons more - when Donna becomes a blond is when it starts going downhill :p