The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

But you got all the anime characters without even thinking right? [emoji6]
I got them as "Anime," but didn't tie them to anyone in particular (aside from Pikachu, though I've never watched Pokemon). After a second look I recognize Naruto (never seen it either) but Santa's Little Helper just makes me think of Eddie Murphy in Mulan (which I also still haven't seen). I don't recognize any of the rest, though I'm assuming Lisa is supposed to be someone from Attack on Titan because ropes.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I was glad to see Archer get a nod in there. I feel like the series gets unfairly maligned for being on a third-tier cable channel, pigeonholed and passed over when it's really one of the shining jewels in current television's crown.

I was glad to see Archer get a nod in there. I feel like the series gets unfairly maligned for being on a third-tier cable channel, pigeonholed and passed over when it's really one of the shining jewels in current television's crown.
Except last season's horribleness; all I remember is horrible chewing sounds from Pam's cocaine addiction (did you know Pam was addicted to cocaine last season? It was subtle, they were careful to mention it only once ever .056 seconds). God damn.

Archer has, however, caused me to take the threat from real-world ISIS a lot less seriously than I should.

GasBandit

Staff member
That totally is a thing, isn't it? Ironically, it's because NO ONE cares about the bassist in metal bands. That's the entire joke with Murderface in Metalacalpyse.
Yes to the latter, but as to the former it's kind of blown out of proportion. I mean, yeah, it happened in Smashing Pumpkins, White Zombie, Boston, David Bowie's backup band, Mars Volta, My Bloody Valentine, Perfect Circle, the Dandy Warhols, the Damned, Cowboy Mouth, Jefferson Starship/Airplane/Starship, Talking heads....

uh...

Kinda... stepped on my own point here didn't I.

GasBandit

Staff member
Turn on the CC for this one - couple guys cut up and rearrange some food from McDonald's and pass it off as a new "Organic" fast food alternative, getting organic foodies to taste and comment on it.

fade

Staff member
Every time I see something like that, I'm reminded of how all those blind wine tests end up without the labels. Spoiler alert: the so-called experts can't tell a cheap wine from a supposedly good one. They can't even tell a dyed white from a red.

Every time I see something like that, I'm reminded of how all those blind wine tests end up without the labels. Spoiler alert: the so-called experts can't tell a cheap wine from a supposedly good one. They can't even tell a dyed white from a red.
Yeah. Take some 2-buck Chuck, add some red food coloring, and suddenly you've got a vintage pinot noir.

Dave

Staff member
I know I took a lot of heat for it, but Nicki Minaj = talentless skank. "Her" song is nothing but a direct ripoff of a real song laced with hypersexualized bullshit to distract from the fact that she's not doing anything but autotuning over someone else's song. And before you give me crap about the skank part, look up the meaning.