The Dream Thread

Just woke up from a nightmare involving zombies that go only by sound or touch. Kind of like Train to Busan or, of course, The Last of Us. Only they were regular zombies, not clickers. It felt more like A Quiet Place but with zombies.

They were also self aware, so they would also speak. Not just "Brains!" but full sentences like "I think someone's here!" (and yet others wouldn't swarm to their own voices).

So there were apparent "safe zones" in certain areas, like a room that's been heavily carpeted.

Any little noise would send a swarm after you. And course, they're quickly distracted by another noise so I'd throw a rock at a car or something.

Oddly, touch didn't always work, either. I'd brush up or bump into one and they'd grab around saying "Is someone there?"

Anyway, it was obviously a pretty high tension dream. More tense than really full on terrifying to me.
Totally unrelated, I now have a great idea for a new AR mobile game.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Except for the touch thing, that kinda reminds me of Highschool of the Dead. The zombies there reacted mostly to sound, and while they weren't blind, they couldn't see well. And their sense of touch was almost completely gone. The humans found they could actually move down a hall with zombies in it if they used a mop handle to gently move zombies out of the way while being silent. But you make the slightest noise...

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a dream last night that I failed an important college class and got addicted to crack.

I mean, kind of odd since college was 20 years ago and the "crack" I got addicted to was dissolved in water instead of smoked and tasted suspiciously like energy drink...

I dreamt last night that I had tentacles, and I used them to swing across rooftops, like Spider-Man.

Strangely enough, it didn't occur to me in the dream at all to use my tentacles for... other... purposes.

I dreamed that I traveled back in time to prevent covid.

Only once I arrive I realized that I was infected with it and now I was the original source of the outbreak.

I was dreaming about teaching Gaby how to do square roots by hand, and in my dream I didn't know how to do it. I couldn't sleep until I did a square root in paper to see if I still remember how to do it.

I was dreaming about teaching Gaby how to do square roots by hand, and in my dream I didn't know how to do it. I couldn't sleep until I did a square root in paper to see if I still remember how to do it.
"It's been four days. His body shakes and spasms, desperate for sleep. Imaginary numbers dance before his eyes, but the answers elude him."

Had a weird dream where people protested the colour blue. Not just the use of blue in a specific instance or by a certain company, but blue as a whole.

No idea what it was about or what brought it on, but people were sick of blue's shit and demanded immediate action.

EDIT: @PatrThom. What reference? I wasn't referencing anything?

Last edited:
What reference? I wasn't referencing anything?
In the United States, blue is the color associated with the Democrat political party, so I thought you were slyly referencing the "Stop the Steal" and the January 6 insurrection attempt and all the other Trump Train shenanigans. I did not realize you were describing an ACTUAL dream.

All I remember dreaming about last night is that I was out and about (nonspecific location but not at home) and I had a sprinkling of grit (sand? blackheads?) stuck to my back. I kept trying to discretely brush it away, but there would always be someone around whenever I tried and so I'd just have to smile and move on, and I never seemed to be able to find like a bathroom or someplace private.

--Patrick

I have odd dreams of living in my Grandfather's home or a house I lived in during college with 4 other guys, and finding new rooms that nearly double the size of the homes.

I had a dream about a day with two rocket launches and both of them crashed. One of them crashed into the Washington monument, which was at the space center for some reason. And I wasn't able to get a good picture of any of it despite having a new lens and being at two separate good vantage points. Neither of those locations existed either -- a parking garage in the middle of the Indian River and a radio antenna in Cape Canaveral.

Woke up in the middle of the night from a disturbing dream.

I don't remember much of it now. Something about being pulled into a dark alternate universe. Me and the other people kidnapped hid in a cafe or something. We hid from I think dark versions of people we knew.

And we were trying to figure out what to do next when, first, we all started crying uncontrollably. Kind of like when someone in Steven Universe encounters Blue Duamond. Then there was this loud humming and we all had excruciating headaches.

But it wasn't just a headache but some form of mind control because we all got out of our seats and were being drawn out of the cafe to somewhere. Like we were being called.

And that's when I woke up.

My wife was vacuuming the floor with a vacuum cleaner when she suddenly shrieked, the kind of shriek she makes when she sees a creepy crawly like a cockroach. So I immediately turned to her to comfort her.

And then I slowly realized some things were not quite right.

1. We were both lying in bed, in fact she was sound asleep.
2. We don't own a vacuum cleaner.
3. It was the middle of the night.
4. I have to work in the morning, dammit.

figmentPez

Staff member
I had a dream last night where I had a meet-cute with a woman and we took a selfie together (I'm not sure why, but it was an episode of Scrubs and there were plastic Easter eggs involved), and that was cool... but then I got home and found out that my social media was exploding because the woman I met was making post after post about how I was a liar and mislead her, and it was because someone else had hacked my accounts and now all my profiles said I was 60 years old with a wife and kids and was an alcoholic or something. So a cute dream turned into a nightmare really fast.

Had a dream last night where I was moving in with a friend of mine, we'll call him Fozzy. What he DIDN'T tell me was I'd be sharing my room with a friend of his. We'd have bunk beds. He suggested this before but I said absolutely no and wouldn't agree.

Moving day comes and I've already moved out of my other place. And I meet...Heymish, my bunk buddy. No idea where the name came from. I just remember everyone called him "Hey" for short.

I begin SCREAMING at Fozzy. I'm nearly attacking him but for some reason, my blows don't hit him. And he just smirks the whole time, saying nothing, walking about his room, proud that he "tricked" me into this situation.

My best friend was there. She said she'd never seen me so angry. And she knew all about this, but was somehow sworn to secrecy, even though she knew how I'd feel (and I said our friendship was over because of that).

The dream ended when Fozzy, who had started smoking, suddenly put his cigarette out on my face. I didn't react at first, not even flinch. Everyone in the room gasped and froze. The dream ended when I lunged at his throat.

We've been having a mild ant problem at home.

Last night I dreamt that I managed to follow a trail of ants to a location behind one of our cabinets (how I managed to get behind our cabinets was never explained), and there I found a moderately large spider, stabbing ants with its forelegs and bringing them to its mandibles to eat them. I watched the spider for a bit, and then it looked up at me with an expression (insofar as a spider can have a facial expression) of, "Don't worry, there's plenty for both of us, feel free to eat some ants too."

We've been having a mild ant problem at home.

Last night I dreamt that I managed to follow a trail of ants to a location behind one of our cabinets (how I managed to get behind our cabinets was never explained), and there I found a moderately large spider, stabbing ants with its forelegs and bringing them to its mandibles to eat them. I watched the spider for a bit, and then it looked up at me with an expression (insofar as a spider can have a facial expression) of, "Don't worry, there's plenty for both of us, feel free to eat some ants too."
Dunno why but definitely read the spider's voice as James Earl Jones.

Last night I dreamt that I was at some kind of week-long tech conference (a thing I never do) except that there was a baseball diamond. I was too late and got there just as the game was letting out, and I ran into @Tinwhistler there, like it was some kind of adult summer camp. Tin's voice was different, like if he'd finally managed to get rid of a frog that'd been living in his throat for the last ten years. He was not carrying any kind of musical instrument. We were chatting about what we were doing there while hiking along a crunchy park-like path when I suddenly realized where we were and asked if he'd like to see the house where I grew up, which was just a few houses down. We backtracked a bit and I got to see that the yellow house next door had been repainted blue and abandoned and the paint was peeling off all over it, and the house where I used to live had been demolished and rebuilt as a newer McMansion. I was very upset that whoever had done so had not contacted me before taking down the tree I planted so that I could've had part of it as a souvenir.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I must be doing too much Sudoku. I had a dream last night about a town who built really elaborate waterwheels and had competitions to see who could navigate all the turning shafts, gears and other mechanical pieces spanning the river, and that the secret key to understanding what path to take lay in creating a Sudoku puzzle that represented the water wheels.

EDIT: Sounds like the type of village Professor Layton would visit.

GasBandit

Staff member
I dreamed I was living back where I was living in college, and I was ordering pizza over the phone. And apparently, no pizza place in town had ever heard of this concept called "delivery," but I found one that was willing to try it. So they delivered me a pizza, and I forgot to tip the delivery guy, and was mortified.

Sheesh. What an odd dream to have. I haven't even ordered pizza in years.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a very odd dream that I posted a clip from @Dei's twitch streaming on imgur, and it got her a whole lot of new viewers, and she got mad at me about it because she didn't want people watching her stream.

... what?

I asked her "if you don't want people to watch, why are you streaming?" And she just made the frustrated Anna noise.