The EPIC WIN Thread 2: EPIC HARDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, that's the problem. She's nice and smart and funny, and not too bad looking, so I should be wanting more, but I'm still sort of getting over another girl and I haven't yet completely lost those feelings, which makes it harder to fall in love with someone else already.

Not sure, that's the problem. She's nice and smart and funny, and not too bad looking, so I should be wanting more, but I'm still sort of getting over another girl and I haven't yet completely lost those feelings, which makes it harder to fall in love with someone else already.
Is she the girl from the picture thread?

Me and Pallywhackr have been dating for a year! Wow!!!

I am drinking a peppermint latte.

The kitty woke me up by putting his paws on my mouth.

Three more days (after today) until the Thanksgiving holiday week vacation!!!

I LOVE THAT COMIC SO MUCH!!!!
What comic is that? I must know.[/QUOTE]

Normal Life

She barely updates anymore because she is terribly busy with her new job and I think she deleted almost all her stuff a while ago. (Her LJ was hacked too.) She has low self esteem issues so you never know if she's actually gonna do something or not but I absolutely love her stuff, it's very real.

Trying to figure out of her archive still exists somewhere.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad, because the little she's got there now is hilarious. Also awesome that she works on Adventure Time!

MATHEMATICAL

Grad school applications are complete, including transcripts, GREs, and letters of recommendation. Now I get to sit and wait at least a month to find out if I was accepted anywhere!

Good luck, Enresshou!

Had a student give me a folded up note yesterday. When I opened it up, it was a drawing of a night elf mohawk!

After the last couple of days rant about my web hosting company, I bit the bullet and switched to GoDadddy.

My site is now all moved over, and the new shop is active. So now, hopefully, I'll sell a few ebooks and some @tinwhistler.com email addresses ;)

On Sunday, I am going to be in Charlotte to see Roger Daltrey live in concert.

With a friend.

Who's a girl. :D

And then I am off of work all next week for Thanksgiving with my family. :D :D

Cajungal

Staff member
While I don't relish animals suffering but... well, nature is nature. Carnivores gotta eat. And if they gotta eat, it might as well look really cool.

I called my niece on her birthday yesterday, and she had a very interesting story for me. There's a restaurant back in my home town called "Poor Boy's" with a little lake nearby that's home to a few alligators. As they were walking out of the restaurant, Ada and my Dad were looking out at the water, and she saw a duck. Here's what happened:

Ada: Grandpa I am worried about that duck. What if a alligator gets him?

Dad: Oh, honey that's not gonna happen.

TWO SECONDS later, an alligator comes out of the water and grabs the duck!!!

O.O I'm sorry for the duck... but I also kind of wish I could have seen that. Ada will be talking about that for weeks.

So, this weekend
-> Me and the girl I've been seeing have decided to become a thing, and we're now together.
-> The girl I *was* in lvoe with and still have some feelings for, decided it was the perfect time to give me a 5-minute french kiss, while the other girl was looking
-> I attended my grandmother's funeral
-> My girlfriend didn't mind me kissing the other girl if it was just this once so that's ok
-> My brother from London is visiting and we're having great fun

A bit of a mixed bag with lots of emotional flow in all directions, but all in all, great weekend so far. Just weird.

C

callistarya

After searching a gazillion possibilities, my wedding bouquets are DONE! WOOOOO! :whoo: :falldown:

Oh yeah! Friday I finally got the cojones to ask the girl in my psych class to coffee after like a month of bitching out and she said yeah so huzzah. If it goes well then more epic win for the thread.

Things with the gf are getting better and better. Just spent two days with her, and I head home to CA for the week tonight. Back on the 30th, a week of work, then another weekend with the gf (but she'll be coming to Atlanta this time).

Went out to coffee this week, and the conversation turned to my desire to be a bit more of a connoisseur. So tonight, I went out and bought a small round of "Holland Frico Smoked Gouda" cheese. It was delicious. Any other cheeses I should hunt down?

Also, does anyone know what "Frico" even means? Google didn't help me.

Also, does anyone know what "Frico" even means? Google didn't help me.
Via Wikipedia.

Wikipedia said:
Frico
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
"Cheese crisp" redirects here. For other uses, see Cheese crisp (disambiguation).

A frico, known in America as a cheese crisp, is an Italian food, typical of Friuli, which consists of a wafer of shredded cheese with a bit of flour, baked or fried until crisp. Common cheeses include Parmesan, Mozzarella, or Montasio. Frico is often used as garnish for soups or stews [1].

Fricos are not difficult to make [2] and can be shaped into baskets or bowls which can make for a very interesting way of serving foods or salads that aren't too moist.[3]

One thing that confuses me....

Why do people constantly say Gouda cheese comes from Canada?

It comes from Gouda... In the Netherlands.. duh?

The city is famous for it.
I have never heard that. I have heard a cheese referred to as 'American Cheese' before, which kind of upset me because I thought it was shredded cheddar they were talking about. Then, I was told that it was basically just processed cheese slices, which actually made me a little sad. It's not real cheese, and THAT'S what you name 'American Cheese'?

Unless it's ironic, like Balogna being referred to as "Newfie Steak."

Also. I just sort of stumbled upon this while surfing Wikipedia ... I knew that eating fries with white vinegar was a fairly Canadian thing to do, but Wikipedia asserts that bottled vinegar is uncommon on restaurant tables outside of Canada. That's just weird to me. I've always thought of the four things that belong on a restaurant table as Salt, Pepper, Vinegar and Ketchup.

That's just weird to me. I've always thought of the four things that belong on a restaurant table as Salt, Pepper, Vinegar and Ketchup.
Nope. In the States, it's Salt, Pepper, Ketchup, and complimentary sticks of lard. 'Cause you know us Yanks all love us some lard, mmm mmm MMMM!!! :drool:

figmentPez

Staff member
I have never heard that. I have heard a cheese referred to as 'American Cheese' before, which kind of upset me because I thought it was shredded cheddar they were talking about. Then, I was told that it was basically just processed cheese slices, which actually made me a little sad. It's not real cheese, and THAT'S what you name 'American Cheese'?

Unless it's ironic, like Balogna being referred to as "Newfie Steak."
Multiple cheeses blended together, pasturized and processed into a blander version? That doesn't sound like America to you?

I have to revoke my win :confused:

Found out from another kid in my psych class that she has a boyfriend... Lame.

But regardless I am still going to get coffee with her, at the least I will gain a new friend at the most she will slowly be convinced at how much more awesome I am than her current boyfriend.

Well, that sucks, Hobo. But you're obviously mucho greater than her current boyfriend ;-)

And yeah..."Gouda" is a protected name in Europe (like Champagne, Bordeaux, Cava, Geuze, whathaveyou), that can only be used for cheeses from Gouda. It isn't protected outside of the EU, though, and it's used as a generic name for a lot of young Gouda-style cheeses. Silly 'merrikuns and 'nadians. :-P

I just got my house deposit back for the first time ever... in Full!!! WOOT!

From my walmart fan catching on fire to the sink somehow breaking while I was half leaning on it to a roommate loosing his and my deposit I had always counted deposits as money gone since I had never received anything back.

Now its like a couple hundred fell from the sky and I am psyched. :falldown:

I've always thought of the four things that belong on a restaurant table as Salt, Pepper, Vinegar and Ketchup.
It's "Salt, pepper, vinegar and oil" around here. You have to ask for the ketchup if you want any, and it's not usual* except in fast food restaurants, hamburgers and weiners in all kinds of restaurants or as something children eat with their food.

*of course, it's a usual sauce in some homes, but we are talking about restaurant tables!

Status
Not open for further replies.