The EPIC WIN Thread 2: EPIC HARDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back from House on the Rock. The place is both wonderful and crazy. I'll be writing about it on the blog, but it was a lot of fun (this is the short short short version).

Krisken said:
Got back from House on the Rock. The place is both wonderful and crazy. I'll be writing about it on the blog, but it was a lot of fun (this is the short short short version).
Wasn't that place featured in American Gods by Neil Gaiman?

AshburnerX said:
Krisken said:
Yes, it was (love that book). That carousel was nuts to see. The walls around it are lined with carousel horses, but there isn't a single horse on the carousel.

The room and carousel is lined with 40,000 lights. It is a sight to behold.

Krisken said:
AshburnerX said:
Krisken said:
Yes, it was (love that book). That carousel was nuts to see. The walls around it are lined with carousel horses, but there isn't a single horse on the carousel.

The room and carousel is lined with 40,000 lights. It is a sight to behold.
Flip. That was a good book. If I ever get a chance to do all the travel I'd like to, my intention is to make a pilgrimage to the House on the Rock.

HELL. YES.
My wife and I just got a serious apartment upgrade. It's in the building next to us and it's a sweet 2 bedroom, much bigger than our current 2 bedroom.
It has 2 bathrooms, a vanity (she loves that), 2 balconies (his and hers???) and a huge master bedroom and for me: a bigger kitchen! Woo!

Cajungal

Staff member
Go man go!

My friend just told me that there are 5 parishes in Louisiana that will pay you to continue your education if you make a 5 year contract with them. I wouldn't do it in some of the parishes (Avoyelles and Lafourche--if you lived here you'd know why). But one of them, St. Martin, is the first parish in Louisiana to raise the pay for public school teachers to a required 40k a year. So yeah, I think I could live there for 5 years if it meant teaching at a halfway decent school and getting my masters without leeching off my parents anymore. I'm gonna look into this...

Garbledina said:
My EMR course starts tomorrow. I'm on my way to being a paramedic!
Good luck! I had a friend who did it for 6 months or so, he had to quit. Crazy hours and some stuff you just can't un-see made it too much for him.

Yep. He's tight with our landlord and we've seen him before, but this was the first time we all had a nice chat. He knows some sign language!

Cajungal

Staff member
Man, all the people who come to my front door either hang Chinese menus or give me notices of the water being out for the afternoon... way to have much more interesting neighbors. :D

My brother's taking me to get my fancy new uke this Friday!

Cajungal said:
And there will be pictures, right?

Knowing Bryan Singer is literally right above my head at the moment is giving me the perverse urge to put on X-Men and really blast it.

W

wana10

my residency appeal passed and my tuition isn't going to triple on me. :D
i am so fucking happy. i've been walking on air since i saw the letter.

L

lafftaff

I've had 2 job interviews this week! I don't know if I have a job yet but it's just nice to go to an interview.

The chocolate cake I made tastes awesome!! (icing it didn't go so well though, meh)

W

Wasabi Poptart

10 days after giving birth and I am back in my normal pants instead of still having to wear maternity clothes! :D

WildSoul said:
10 days after giving birth and I am back in my normal pants instead of still having to wear maternity clothes! :D
Hot damn, girl!

Also, I missed this, congrats Garbledina! That's great news.

Cajungal

Staff member
ZenMonkey said:
Cajungal said:
And there will be pictures, right?

Knowing Bryan Singer is literally right above my head at the moment is giving me the perverse urge to put on X-Men and really blast it.
O yes, there will, along with more videos probably. :D

WildSoul said:
:thumbsup: I'm willing to bet there are plenty of women jealous of you right now :-P

WildSoul said:
And let's keep those pants on this time so you don't get in trouble again.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Bubble181 said:
WildSoul said:
:thumbsup: I'm willing to bet there are plenty of women jealous of you right now :-P
...including some of my friends who told me not to be disappointed if I couldn't wear my regular clothes just yet. BAHAHAHAHA!

Jake said:
And let's keep those pants on this time so you don't get in trouble again.
Aww man. :(

In Newfoundland, the 'Food Fishery' is on the go right now. It's the fishing season where people can go out and catch a maximum of 5 codfish for their own use. I have a wedding this weekend, so I'll be going to stay with some aunts and uncles for the second half of this week.

My mother mentioned to some uncles that I've been interested in getting a bit more in touch with what it means to be a Newfoundlander, so they've delayed their trip out to get their fish until I get out there.

Glee!

L

Laurelai

Garbledina said:
Grats!!! I've been a medic for 16-ish years and an EMT for 6 years prior to that (egads I'm getting up there)
I love my job and have loved it from my very first clinical.

Laurelai said:
Garbledina said:
Grats!!! I've been a medic for 16-ish years and an EMT for 6 years prior to that (egads I'm getting up there)
I love my job and have loved it from my very first clinical.
I've been really excited for it. This first course is two-weeks and extremely intense but I've enjoyed every minute of it (except for the AAAH STRESS bits). I spent my entire Saturday repeating "Deformities, contusions, abrasions, punctures/penetrations, burns, lacerations, swelling, tenderness, instability and crepitus." over and over and over (along with about three pages of other information) to pass my scenario exam this week, so that's been fun. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.