[Other] The not so funny pic thread (some NSFL or gore)

GasBandit

Staff member
shockingly much like snakes, tarantulas that are well fed are pretty laid back, also bird eating spiders are not venomous afaik. so she is probably pretty safe.
They are venomous, but the venom is comparatively mild. More like a sting. Sites I've read, however, say they tend to be more nervous and skittish.

I don't think those are goliath bird-eaters anyway, the coloration isn't quite right, and the size ratio between the thorax and abdomen isn't what I've seen in pictures of other goliaths... plus goliaths have two tail prongs, these guys just have one. I'm not sure what they are, though, I am not an arachnologist.

They are venomous, but the venom is comparatively mild. More like a sting. Sites I've read, however, say they tend to be more nervous and skittish.

I don't think those are goliath bird-eaters anyway, the coloration isn't quite right, and the size ratio between the thorax and abdomen isn't what I've seen in pictures of other goliaths... plus goliaths have two tail prongs, these guys just have one. I'm not sure what they are, though, I am not an arachnologist.
Pretty sure they're spiders. :awesome:

figmentPez

Staff member
Sometimes it's hard to be sure if something was done out of malice or stupidity:

From the replies, they found out this was liquid soap, and not olive oil, because their "15yo niece put it in her pasta. She did not finish the pasta."

A terrible traffic accident has happened this Saturday in Quito. A trailer that was apparently speeding lost its brakes and devastated several light vehicles between the Oyacoto Toll and the Guayllabamba bridge.