[Other] The not so funny pic thread (some NSFL or gore)

Saw that mentioned in a few other places yesterday. It's several layers of tragedy all together at once.
I am really hoping this doesn't ultimately turn out to be a kamikaze stunt pulled by the Kingcobra pilot.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
It sure looked deliberate. But I’ve never flown a plane and don’t know how easy it would be to get disoriented in 3 dimensions.

GasBandit

Staff member
It sure looked deliberate. But I’ve never flown a plane and don’t know how easy it would be to get disoriented in 3 dimensions.
It very easily could have been a stunt gone wrong. Maybe it was supposed to be a close fly-by and something went wrong with the mechanicals of the fighter, causing the pilot to lose control.

I've heard from some that since the smaller plane was banking, it's likely the smaller plane's pilot could not see the bomber as the bomber would have been hidden "under" the small plane's belly and out of the pilot's view throughout the entire banking maneuver.

--Patrick

From the videos and what all the other planes were doing, I think it's either going to be mechanical failure or medical issue with the pilot of the P-63. All the planes were taking a left-handed bank and the P-63 started cutting to the right and ran into the back of the B-17 severing the tail portion from the rest of the fuselage. It's horrible it happened, but I think we'll end up hearing that it was just a terrible accident.