[Other] The not so funny pic thread (some NSFL or gore)

I then of course ran to the kitchen and grabbed the flyswatter and beat it to death.

When you swat a scorpion, be prepared to do so multiple times. The first swat just makes it angry. The second disorients it a little, the third stuns it, and somewhere around swat 5 or 6 it actually dies.
Just to be clear, in this post "flyswatter" is your affectionate pet name for a shotgun, right?

Just to be clear, in this post "flyswatter" is your affectionate pet name for a shotgun, right?
Baseball bat. A flyswatter is what you would call a baseball bat. You don't use a shotgun on a scorpion, messes up too much other stuff, maybe a .22 long rifle though, if it's one of the BIG ones.

GasBandit

Staff member
Fortunately, in my house I rarely have to deal with anything more than the occasional roach, or about once a year, an attempted sugar ant invasion (they love going after the water in the tub). There are also spiders, but I don't mind them. I'm perfectly happy to let the spiders eat whatever they're finding to eat, and we leave each other in peace. My cat, however, is of a different mind.

Outside though, I have to have a guy come by every other month to spray for hornets and to put antblock around the foundation. I think anything bigger and nastier usually gets eaten by the armadillos - though the dillos tear up my back yard something fierce and keep digging holes under my fence.

Fortunately, in my house I rarely have to deal with anything more than the occasional roach, or about once a year, an attempted sugar ant invasion (they love going after the water in the tub). There are also spiders, but I don't mind them. I'm perfectly happy to let the spiders eat whatever they're finding to eat, and we leave each other in peace. My cat, however, is of a different mind.

Outside though, I have to have a guy come by every other month to spray for hornets and to put antblock around the foundation. I think anything bigger and nastier usually gets eaten by the armadillos - though the dillos tear up my back yard something fierce and keep digging holes under my fence.
Not much in the way of spiders at my place, but recently paper wasps have found their way into my attic. :(

Aw beat me to it. The one I saw on Imgur was captioned “This is some Final Destination shit!”
I’m right there with him at the end. My knees would be Jell-O.

EDIT: I didn't realize the one above does not have the ending.
So here's the one I am referring to. That shaky hand at the end...oof.

—Patrick

Last edited:
Why would someone with a known peanut allergy even use something that says “peanut” right in the name? This whole recall is just a head shaker.

GasBandit

Staff member
YOU CAN'T ASSUME I WOULD KNOW THAT THIS PEANUT THING HAD PEANUTS IN IT

I guarantee you someone has won a lawsuit with that argument.

It just means that due to some failures of paperwork, they are exposed legally. Recall is the simplest fastest solution. Once at Cadbury, some one stole a delivery truck full of chocolate bars, the police recovered it quickly and no product was affected in any way, but since it was out of our sphere of control, we burnt the entire contents and wrote them off, couldn't even sell it as pig feed.

It is 100% because lawyers, and is the same reason cans of mixed nuts and the like have to clearly state “Warning: contains nuts” even with the name of the product clearly written on the can, and even a picture.

—Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I'd rather have relatively simple labeling laws that sometimes are redundant, than have much more complex labeling laws with a whole bunch of exceptions and caveats that create loophole after loophole.