And here I am eating oatmeal, pureed spaghetti sauce, and pudding for days after I had a wisdom tooth removed. Dammit, I want something I can nibble on. Or chew. Or bite.

Can't you eat with the other side? That's what I did when I got both on the right side taken out. It's what the dentist recommended.

Can't you eat with the other side? That's what I did when I got both on the right side taken out. It's what the dentist recommended.
I can, I can. And it's better now. But first day they adviced only things that wouldn't get stuck in there or needed too much chewing. And I always chew on that side:confused:

So here's something that I've found is very unusual in most places. When I lived up north, when you got hot wings, you didn't get blue cheese or ranch, you got sour cream. Why isn't this the normal compliment to hot wings? Ranch and blue cheese are both incredibly salty. The wings are incredibly salty. The tang of plain old sour cream compliments hot wings perfectly. That's all.

I just had someone mansplain Cyberpunk (the genre) to me on Twitter after literally replying to someone about what bothered me about Cyberpunk 2077 like I didn't just reference other Cyberpunk works in my criticism.

Holy shit, no wonder you ladies hate it so much.

So here's something that I've found is very unusual in most places. When I lived up north, when you got hot wings, you didn't get blue cheese or ranch, you got sour cream. Why isn't this the normal compliment to hot wings? Ranch and blue cheese are both incredibly salty. The wings are incredibly salty. The tang of plain old sour cream compliments hot wings perfectly. That's all.
Because blue cheese is better.

I just had someone mansplain Cyberpunk (the genre) to me on Twitter after literally replying to someone about what bothered me about Cyberpunk 2077 like I didn't just reference other Cyberpunk works in my criticism.

Holy shit, no wonder you ladies hate it so much.
I work with a dude that does this to me on the daily. He interrupts me to do this. I have been working longer than him, I’ve been in our position longer than him by a decade, I’m older than him, I’ve been designated longer than him and I do my job in two languages and he does that to me on the daily.

I have not yet gone postal.

Glad to see people out there are still fighting the good fight, caring about what is really important - someone being wrong on the internet.

(most people define a sandwich as two pieces of bread with filling in between; while I don't necessarily agree with that definition, it does imply almost all burgers are sandwiches, meaning the guy wasn't even wrong)

Yeah, I gotta agree... a sandwich is anything between two slices of bread. For it to be a burger, whatever is between the bread needs to be ground meat.

So a McFish isn't a burger? :awesome:
Nope. It's just a fish sandwich, despite the bun. You wouldn't call ground turkey on bread a sandwich, you'd call it a Turkey Burger.

Though I do suppose the ground meat needs to be in a "burger" shape too; despite also being ground, you wouldn't call meatballs on bread a meatball burger.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm just glad that controversy only resulted in a couple of comments on the sub I moderate. It's annoying enough to have to put up with people getting harassed with cries of "MELT!" because of that stupid /r/GrilledCheese meme.

So a pitta is a burger if it's sliced through? :aaah:
A lot of Greek and Turkish places will do lamb or beef patties like this actually and serve it with tahini or something similair. It's not bad and usually called a "Greek" burger, with buns made out pita bread.

I'll also accept processed compressed vegetables or beans of some sort as a "veggie" burger, as long as it's served as a patty and between some sort of bread.

So the McToastie is a burger? (I can keep this up all day!) (also, for the record, I honestly and really don't care and I've just got nothing better to do than try to think of bad examples - if anyone is feeling this is not tongue in cheek I apologize and I'll stop)

So the McToastie is a burger? (I can keep this up all day!) (also, for the record, I honestly and really don't care and I've just got nothing better to do than try to think of bad examples - if anyone is feeling this is not tongue in cheek I apologize and I'll stop)
I feel like the bread part needs to be in two parts for it to be a "sandwich" or even a burger.
How about a panko sandwich?

--Patrick
What, like a breaded fish or chicken? Those are still generally called sandwiches even by the chains.

I feel like the bread part needs to be in two parts for it to be a "sandwich" or even a burger.

What, like a breaded fish or chicken? Those are still generally called sandwiches even by the chains.
A McToastie has two pieces of bread!
1627910326888.png

in the same vein, is a McMuffin a burger?

A McToastie has two pieces of bread!
View attachment 38485

in the same vein, is a McMuffin a burger?
Ahh... I'm sorry. I looked up "Mctoastie" and it pointed to me to something on the Mcdonalds Ireland menu that was a pita with bacon and egg in it. The McToastie is a sandwich, not a burger: no ground meat in patty form.

McMuffin? The only one I'd go "maybe" for is the Sausage one.

Nope. It's just a fish sandwich, despite the bun. You wouldn't call ground turkey on bread a sandwich, you'd call it a Turkey Burger.

Though I do suppose the ground meat needs to be in a "burger" shape too; despite also being ground, you wouldn't call meatballs on bread a meatball burger.
I've had a meatball burger. Hamburger bun, halved meatballs, grilled onions, and a spicy brown gravy. It was pretty good, it was from a food truck set up at a festival in Louisiana.