Dave

Staff member
I have a job interview tomorrow at a place called "LCG". That's great and all, but I don't have an LCG on my application spreadsheet where I put down all of my applications. The HR email is very vague and doesn't mention the position applied for. I've searched for the business but can't find anything about it. I'm hoping it's not a scam, but I'm thinking it might be.

My favorite part of the email:

Before moving forward, we want to make sure that you:

• Have strong communication skills
  • Have no major criminal history
  • Live in the state of Nebraska

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I have a job interview tomorrow at a place called "LCG". That's great and all, but I don't have an LCG on my application spreadsheet where I put down all of my applications. The HR email is very vague and doesn't mention the position applied for. I've searched for the business but can't find anything about it. I'm hoping it's not a scam, but I'm thinking it might be.
I got my job at the radio station without ever applying there. Another place I had applied (an ISP) shared my resume with the station, who was one of their customers, when they heard they needed an IT guy. And that turned into a 16 year career.

Dave

Staff member
Did @strawman decide to help you out by getting you an interview at the LCG?
...Or did someone decide you needed some help and get you an intake interview over at LCG?
No idea about any of it.

I got my job at the radio station without ever applying there. Another place I had applied (an ISP) shared my resume with the station, who was one of their customers, when they heard they needed an IT guy. And that turned into a 16 year career.
That's why I'm treating it as a real interview while being cautious that it's not.

Yes, generally speaking... if the job requires you to be living in a certain state, there is a legal reason the company wants to exploit.

Dave

Staff member
I can't find ANYTHING about this company. The email says "LCGNE.com" and their phone is "402-769-3272". Only thing I find is either an online trading company or an inactive corporation with hits on them about not paying taxes.

It's a front. They're recruiting you for S.H.I.E.L.D.

EDIT: I take that back. They're recruiting you for the TVA. LCGNE stands for "Loki Can't Go to the Nexus Event".

The domain was freshly registered in May and was registered by NameCheap (Iceland). The page has never been archived at archive.org, suggesting this is the first time that domain has ever been registered. The IP address it points to is hosted in... Ann Arbor, MI? Weirdly this would make @Bubble181 's first guess more likely to be true.
I agree that MLM is probably the most likely explanation.

--Patrick

I think it might be an MLM.

edit: Only thing I find is this on Zip Recruiter: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/ojob/5eeabe039ff06cbe312887a9a5081619

One of the things says:

What We Offer

• Growth opportunities.
  • Weekly performance bonuses.
  • Lifetime residual income.
  • Limitless financial potential.
  • Flexible scheduling.
  • Benefits offered.
  • Annual company holiday.
"Lifetime residual income"?
There are also a couple of job openings for them on Snagajob.com (as "Legacy Coordinator" and "Legacy Team Leader"). https://www.snagajob.com/company/legacy-creators-group
And here's the LinkedIn profile of their business owner. "protecting families" in the insurance industry?

If it's actually that one, this is their corporate website. Not that it tells you much more.

I can't decide if theyre a horrible company trying to prey on the weak and elderly to swindle them out of money, or a good company trying to help people protect themselves from sudden dangers etc.

Dave

Staff member
I can't decide if theyre a horrible company trying to prey on the weak and elderly to swindle them out of money, or a good company trying to help people protect themselves from sudden dangers etc.
I can't decide either and I've been watching this presentation for 1/2 hour.

They say NOTHING about HOW they do these things. Just, "Here's all this money!"

edit: And that's the company page, all right.

edit: https://www.whois.com/whois/legacycg.net

Created in April 2021.

edit: Insurance sales. You need to take a certification.

Last edited:
The description of the job duties looks like the business model for Primerica, except for the part where LCG says they have no soliciting/door-to-door and that leads will be brought to you. Other than that part, it's an almost perfect match.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
The description of the job duties looks like the business model for Primerica, except for the part where LCG says they have no soliciting/door-to-door and that leads will be brought to you. Other than that part, it's an almost perfect match.

--Patrick
Yeah just got off the phone. Commission only insurance sales. And she asked me if I wanted to continue the process (after I told her there were several red flags in the presentation) and she hard sold me into the next step. I realized it and let her do it but at the next step I'm going to tell them to pound sand. I mean, why would you EVER pressure to hire someone after they expressed doubts on the legitimacy of your business?

Dave

Staff member
My bride from Saturday still hasn't paid me.

"I'll Venmo you."

"Oh, I'm having trouble using Venmo."

"I never received the request."

I have a feeling I am going to get stiffed. Maybe complaining about it will do something.

My bride from Saturday still hasn't paid me.

"I'll Venmo you."

"Oh, I'm having trouble using Venmo."

"I never received the request."

I have a feeling I am going to get stiffed. Maybe complaining about it will do something.
Obviously you do it differently, but every vendor we've talked to has it in the contract "if we aren't paid in full before the ceremony, we don't do it."

Dave

Staff member
Obviously you do it differently, but every vendor we've talked to has it in the contract "if we aren't paid in full before the ceremony, we don't do it."
I used to. Well, I'd get 1/2 up front. But since I stopped advertising and only take referrals I haven't done it. And I'm not going to start if she bilks me out of $200. But if I don't hear anything by next week I'll reach out to our mutual friend and tell him not to refer anyone else to me. I know it's not his fault, but he'll in turn get a hold of her and probably light a fire under her ass. Shame her into paying. :)