I should have known that posting that would kick off another steak debate here.
I dunno, I don't think anyone here has really turned their definition of a burger or sandwich into their personality yet.

Ok, so, a well-done steak with a bit of panko on either end: sandwich or no?
If I then grind it down, and put another bit of panko on either end - burger or no?

I would argue that a steak with panko is really just a poorly done Chicken-fried Steak, but apparently in Japan it's pretty popular to do this with panko and pretzel crumbs.

Also, do 'boobs', 'jugs', 'golden bozos' or 'hooters' not work?

(Side note: Do you suppose Steve Martin ever got a cut of Hooters profits? I'm guessing no, which is a crime.)

GasBandit

Staff member
I didn't realize it was a "thing." I just thought it was Baader-Meinhoff at work.

--Patrick
It might just be my particular area of Youtube that is on it... it's especially prevalent with VTubers, meme artists and Twitch THOTS.

And it doesn't make it better that it's both genders using the term, and unironically.

To illustrate (nsfw):

I've found that since getting my departure date (24 days), my work ethic veers wildly from "I'm going to get a ton of work done" to "I'm going to surf the internet long enough to forget what I was working on altogether".

It might just be my particular area of Youtube that is on it... it's especially prevalent with VTubers, meme artists and Twitch THOTS.

And it doesn't make it better that it's both genders using the term, and unironically.

To illustrate (nsfw):
I mean, a dude still wrote that, he just used a voice actress

I’ve definitely seen women using the term mommy milkies but I feel like that mostly went away once the Lady Dimitrescu hype died down. Might just be my corner of the internet.

Fucking lol at all the guest hosts of Jeopardy, little did everyone know the guy to get the job would be....the producer of the show.

Milk toast white dude with negative personality partially in charge of picking new host picks himself. What a champ.

I don't watch Jeopardy a ton but I asked my friend who watches it every day and she said he was probably the best of all the guest hosts.

At least Jeopardy doesn't have models to treat like shit to the point you lose a discrimination lawsuit.

Cochran alleged that another Price Is Right producer, Mike Richards, then didn’t talk to her as frequently and he implied to her that she would have been one of the models fired had the pregnancy not been secret.

Dave

Staff member
I really don't understand that mindset. I mean, it's a family show. Couldn't they have announced the pregnancy and followed the model through it? Then when she had the baby they'd be able to publicize it on the show. It would have warmed everyone's hearts.

But no. Models gotta be thin & pretty even though I'm sure while she was pregnant she looked like a pig, right? And yes, I'm using ALL the sarcasm.

Forcing a woman to allow her pregnancy to be used in some sort of human interest sad sap story is also wrong. If she's ok with it, or if it's handled really well, fine.
But mostly... People get pregnant. People get sick. People gain or lose weight. If you cast a person for a role, those things shouldn't really matter. You try to accommodate. If you can't, fair enough. Let people be people, it's not because you're a Hollywood model or a TV bimbo that you're not.

Sheesh. I remember when they finally added a fourth model (Dian) and the biggest controversy was that she didn't have blonde hair.

--Patrick

To illustrate (nsfw):
Clearly you're using the wrong video:

Right so... not really a whine, definitely not a victory, bit conflicted, so here it goes.
I hate the way my mind works.
I started out last year after a month or so of lockdown at about 200 pounds. Started eating better, exercising more, etc. As I've said in the HalFitness thread, I've managed to lose enough weight, and I ought to actually bulk up a bit and gain some muscle back. I'm now at about 160 pounds (yesterday was the first day I actually went below 160). Which is...Well, skinny, for my size (188 cm, a bit over 6ft2). I'm aware of that. My wife thinks I'm too skinny now. heck, I spent over €1000 buying new clothes because my pants literally fell off if I didn't put on a belt.
That's good, right? OK. I mean, I stopped really dieting around 175 pounds, and while I still exercise, we don't have any foster dogs anymore so I rarely get to 10.000 steps a day now - it's usually around 2500. You'd expect me to gain some back, or at least stabilize.
First off, I'm still losing weight. Which is now causing all kinds of crap in my mind to go "maybe I have a parasite, maybe I have cancer, maybe I have some weird deficiency". Which is not good.
Secondly, while I'm perfectly aware that my BMI is great and I'm skinny, when I look down, I still see a flabby tummy bulging out.
Thirdly, while I'm really not anorexic - I'm not, don't worry - I do now understand where they're coming from much more. I do genuinely feel - because of that second point - that, maybe I could skip this cookie, or not drink this glass, or go light on the carbs this meal, or whatever, and push it further down a bit, because, well, for well over a year, lower = better, and it is a thing about control in your life. I can't control anything ,at this point, not even when or if i'm allowed to go out or who I can see - but this number I've been checking daily and been trying to push down? I can definitely keep monitoring it and push it down a bit more. But it's not healthy - that way anorexia lies.
I'm aware that my own mind is lying to me, and I can't seem to force it to accept the reality that my body is pretty much "OK if on the skinny side" right now. Yesterday we had friends over - one of them is the person I held up for my wife as "I want to look more like him instead of the flabby blob I am" back when I started...and when the topic happened to come around, it turned out that I'm actually lighter than him while being taller. I've reached or surpassed the goals I'd set. So why won't my own damn mind allow me to be happy about it?! Gah!