We just unfortunately had to reject a promising interview candidate because we couldn't come to an agreement on remuneration. He was asking for roughly double what I make, and roughly triple what we would usually offer as a starting salary to new translation editors.

On the one hand, good on you dude for asking for what you believe you are worth, and sticking to it.

On the other hand, sorry dude you ain't worth that much to us.

We just unfortunately had to reject a promising interview candidate because we couldn't come to an agreement on remuneration. He was asking for roughly double what I make, and roughly triple what we would usually offer as a starting salary to new translation editors.

On the one hand, good on you dude for asking for what you believe you are worth, and sticking to it.

On the other hand, sorry dude you ain't worth that much to us.
Real reason: wasn't a 9+ on the bhamv scale.

I just got banned from r/conservative. Someone said the left-wing controlled media were like the Nazis by controlling the narrative. I asked them which party was defunding libraries and banning books.

No big loss to me. If they want their safe-space that's fine with me

I just got banned from r/conservative. Someone said the left-wing controlled media were like the Nazis by controlling the narrative. I asked them which party was defunding libraries and banning books.
The trick to not getting banned there is to make sarcastic comments without adding the /s.

Like "yeah, what next, they're going to defund libraries and ban/burn books?"

Of course you'll eventually not be able to hold it in any more, since they're that dense that they never seem to get it, hence why i've been banned for years already.

Although, funnily enough, i've been auto-banned from other subreddits for posting in r/conservative and some other right wing ones, even though i was already banned in the right wing ones...

GasBandit

Staff member
As I type this, I am charging my Chevy EV at a Ford dealership. I feel like I am breaking a law or something.

I did try the Chevrolet dealer first, the charging spot and both adjacent spots were taken up by (Chevrolet) ICE vehicles.

Welcome to the mobile game where you have to go from charging station to charging station, except that instead of "game over" if you fail, you're stranded and have to call for a tow.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Welcome to the mobile game where you have to go from charging station to charging station, except that instead of "game over" if you fail, you're stranded and have to call for a tow.

--Patrick
You know me and my battery insecurity. If there's even a CHANCE I could come close to running dry, I'm looking for a place to charge NOW.

I probably didn't need to charge remotely today, I would have made it home with power to spare. But part of the excursion today was to get "real world" experience on how much rigamarole there was in finding a charger. Also to test my new Tesla-to-J1772 adapter to see if it works with superchargers (it does not).

…and then being forced to plug his phone into the car to charge after his call for help was placed on hold.
GasBandit, sobbing as he plugs in the USB cord: “One of you must die so daddy may live!”

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean... my phone's battery is 11.6 Watt-hours.
My car's traction battery is 65 KILOWatt-hours.

5% of my Bolt EUV's battery could recharge my phone 280 times... without even counting the power in the regular 12 volt battery (yes, my EV has two batteries, the regular-car-battery kind and the burst-into-flames-and-kill-everyone kind).

Last night on the subway I saw a guy just hand a girl his phone open to “create new contact.” The girl entered in her info and handed it back. This entire interaction happened without either saying a word.

Last night on the subway I saw a guy just hand a girl his phone open to “create new contact.” The girl entered in her info and handed it back. This entire interaction happened without either saying a word.
Trying this with my wife right now!

She stared at my phone for about 20 seconds before asking me whose contact information she was supposed to be entering.

"Yours," I said.

"You don't have my contact information already?"

"Well, no, I memorized your number."

"So why do you need me to enter it now?"

"I don't, this is just a fun thing I saw on the... you know what, never mind."

She stared at my phone for about 20 seconds before asking me whose contact information she was supposed to be entering.

"Yours," I said.

"You don't have my contact information already?"

"Well, no, I memorized your number."

"So why do you need me to enter it now?"

"I don't, this is just a fun thing I saw on the... you know what, never mind."
God, I love this running gag. :D

Japanese man arrested after defecating on someone else's bicycle seat. Now, I should point out that although I've posted this to the Random Crap thread, this was actually specifically targeted crap - the guy in question was attracted to the owner of the bike.

Firstly while guy that did this is 28 & the bike's owner is a teenager which even if she is 19 is creepy, and just gets creepier the younger she could be.

Secondly, what was the plan here? Did he think that after she learnt he was responsible for this that she would then agree to date him. That's never going to happen.

Thirdly, I now have questions about exactly how @That best friend got together with @ThatNickGuy :Leyla::tprun:

I know every one of us comes from a nation that is a glass house we shouldn't throw stones in, but sometimes I think Japan, you need to sort your sexual shit out as badly as American evangelicals do.

I know every one of us comes from a nation that is a glass house we shouldn't throw stones in, but sometimes I think Japan, you need to sort your sexual shit out as badly as American evangelicals do.
Hey! There's nothing wrong with famous Belgian...se...xu...al....errr....I....umm....Nevermind. :aaah: :eww: