I am concerned that you are a bad influence on the squishmallows.
I just assumed the whale was already there. At this point, I picture their home is kinda like " The Trouble With Tribbles", where the plushes are already everywhere; cabinets, tables, etc. You just learn to move around them.

One of my oldest and best friends gave me a hilarious mental image:

The Ultimate Warrior teaching a yoga class.

"INHALE, WARRORS! *inhaling snarl* REACH FOR THE GODS IN THE SKY THAT POWER THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR!

EXHALE, WARRIORS! HINGE AT YOUR HIPS AND NOSEDIVE THAT PLANE INTO PARTS UNKNOWN!"

Cybertruck sighting a few days ago. Honestly thought it looked pretty cool. Like it drove off the set of The Running Man. I like odd cars anyway. I think the Tesla sedans are boring looking. They remind me of the Ford Probe.

I'll take a Volkswagen Thing or a boxy Volvo wagon any day.

Attachments

Speaking of fucking Teslas, I'm grabbing lunch today from the pho place down the road for two, so my arms are full of soup as I'm crossing the parking lot. Some God damned Tesla comes up behind me silently as I'm crossing, honks his horn rapidly like an asshole and then just about clips me speeding by. Then he goes to make an illegal left turn into traffic. His window is open.

"HEY ASSHOLE! THAT'S AN ILLEGAL LEFT YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT! YEAH ROLL UP YOUR FUCKING WINDOW YOU COWARD. TRY NOT TO KILL ANYONE!"

25 people's heads jerk and turn to face me. I was very loud.

He's lucky it wasn't ten years ago. He'd spend 12 hours in lock-up while I took my fucking time.

Speaking of fucking Teslas, I'm grabbing lunch today from the pho place down the road for two, so my arms are full of soup as I'm crossing the parking lot. Some God damned Tesla comes up behind me silently as I'm crossing, honks his horn rapidly like an asshole and then just about clips me speeding by. Then he goes to make an illegal left turn into traffic. His window is open.

"HEY ASSHOLE! THAT'S AN ILLEGAL LEFT YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT! YEAH ROLL UP YOUR FUCKING WINDOW YOU COWARD. TRY NOT TO KILL ANYONE!"

25 people's heads jerk and turn to face me. I was very loud.

He's lucky it wasn't ten years ago. He'd spend 12 hours in lock-up while I took my fucking time.
I know cops often abuse their power, but this would have been justified.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have had electric cars sneak up on me in parking lots too. It's like the horror movie mirror trope.
Chevrolet puts noise makers under their hood that make the EVs Make noise when they're going less than 24 miles per hour. The sound annoys the hell out of me, so I pulled to the fuse that goes to it. I have to be extra careful about not sneaking up on people, sometimes I play my music loud and roll down the windows for safety in parking lots.

I'm starting to wonder if my 2010 Toyota Matrix is roughly as quiet as an electric car. I can't really tell from the inside. But the amount of times no one notices I'm right behind them is frequent and numerous. Although I always try not to be a jerk about it, giving lots of space, etc.

Chevrolet puts noise makers under their hood that make the EVs Make noise when they're going less than 24 miles per hour. The sound annoys the hell out of me, so I pulled to the fuse that goes to it. I have to be extra careful about not sneaking up on people, sometimes I play my music loud and roll down the windows for safety in parking lots.
That's against the law!!! All quiet cars are required to make noise since 2012, thanks Obama!

@Celt Z has a matrix? Were we twins?

@Celt Z has a matrix? Were we twins?
I don't think my thought-process is non-linear enough for that to be true.

Joking aside, I think you or Squidley mentioned we are Matrix buddies in some random post a while back. Do you also sneak up on people like your Matrix is a Scooby-Doo villain?

I don't think my thought-process is non-linear enough for that to be true.

Joking aside, I think you or Squidley mentioned we are Matrix buddies in some random post a while back. Do you also sneak up on people like your Matrix is a Scooby-Doo villain?
Our last matrix was traded for our super sneaky electric Kona!

Dave

Staff member
Our internet is out. They say it’s a wiring issue that somehow reared its head between 8 am this morning when I got off and 11 am when Zach got home. Couldn’t be a network outage that they can’t find or won’t admit to. It has to be our wiring or modem. They say they’ll make it out Wednesday. The time frame is 8 am to 5 pm. Handy.

Conversation with me missus:

Wife: "I think I've gained weight."
Me: "Have you? I haven't noticed."
Wife: "That's because you see me every day so you can't detect the changes."
Me: "And yet you see me every day, do you think I've gained weight?"
Wife: "Yes."
Me: "The defense rests."

Conversation with me missus:

Wife: "I think I've gained weight."
Me: "Have you? I haven't noticed."
Wife: "That's because you see me every day so you can't detect the changes."
Me: "And yet you see me every day, do you think I've gained weight?"
Wife: "Yes."
Me: "The defense rests."
Still trying to convince her to try the flying water thingy, are we?

Still trying to convince her to try the flying water thingy, are we?
Actually, no, she read a news report about a tourist dying in a water related accident so she's banned us from all water activities for the foreseeable future.