Client: "Hey we'd like you to edit a children's book we wrote and then translated from Chinese to English. Specifically it's about a snake, a reticulated python, who's always late to class. Since his species is called a reticulated python in English, and he's always tardy, we decided his name in the English version of the book should be a combination of his species and his tardiness, so he should be named Reta-"

Me: "STOP RIGHT THERE DO NOT FINISH THAT SENTENCE."

Client: "Hey we'd like you to edit a children's book we wrote and then translated from Chinese to English. Specifically it's about a snake, a reticulated python, who's always late to class. Since his species is called a reticulated python in English, and he's always tardy, we decided his name in the English version of the book should be a combination of his species and his tardiness, so he should be named Reta-"

Me: "STOP RIGHT THERE DO NOT FINISH THAT SENTENCE."
monible.png

Client: "We also have this other product idea for a portable monitor."
Bhamv3: "I mean yes, but also NO."

--Patrick

When Gigworking, you ALWAYS know what the last delivery of the day is. For me it was after I waited ten minutes for my other customer's McDonald's order only to learn somebody took it all ready.

Pretty good paying day today though, so can't complain that much.

I've had a hot female intern in my department for a few months now, and I've constantly had this feeling that she looks vaguely familiar. Not in an "I know you from somewhere" sense, but in a "you remind me of someone" sense. But I couldn't really place who she reminded me of, so I didn't think about it too much.

Today it finally hit me. She reminds me of the Youtuber and influencer Queen Tofu. Facially, the two of them are like 80% similar.

I'm not going to tell my intern about this, though. For one thing, Queen Tofu—like many influencers—likes to post pictures of herself in various states of undress, in order to attract viewers. I don't want my intern looking her up and going, "That's who I remind you of?"

I was browsing my company's internal job listings and saw a position in Accounts Receivable. Basically, making payment arrangements with customers and other related duties.

I applied for it. It'd mean no sales commissions, but it'd mean a pay raise to compensate. So my paycheques would be a little higher and a little more consistent. Less pressure to make a sale would be nice (even though I'm often the top in sales on my team and department). But I think the change would do me good.

Right now, I make about $17.70 an hour, plus some incentives and commissions. The new position might mean $20 or so an hour (according to other AR agents). I'm tempted to play a bit of hardball and ask for more. I like the stability of working without commission, but I feel like I can get a bit more.

Dave

Staff member
I just learned an awesome bit of trivia that I can use to fuck with people.

What country does France share its longest border with?

Brasil.

French Guyana is a French Overseas Department, which means it’s like a French state.

I just learned an awesome bit of trivia that I can use to fuck with people.

What country does France share its longest border with?

Brasil.

French Guyana is a French Overseas Department, which means it’s like a French state.
Other similar bits of French trivia
France also holds the records for:
The longest currently active domestic commercial flight - Saint-Deins, Reunion to Charles De Gaulle, Paris.
The longest ever domestic commercial flight - Tahiti International Airport to Charles De Gaulle, Paris (also longer than the longest ever international commercial flight).
The longest ever domestic cargo flight - Tahiti International Airport to Orly Airport, Paris (slighty longer than the above).