Misplaced my cell phone, so I picked home the wireless land line to call it. Mis-dialed my own number, so I quickly jerked my hand up to my ear to hear who was talking, hitting my funny bone on the edge of the office door in the process. Dropped the land line, causing the battery to pop out. As I leaned over to get the battery, I slipped on the battery cover, and nearly beaned my head on my desk.

As I went to the kitchen to get some ice for my elbow, I saw my cell phone sitting there next to the fridge.

Universe: Thanks, but there has got to be an easier way for me to find my freaking phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dei
Misplaced my cell phone, so I picked home the wireless land line to call it. Mis-dialed my own number, so I quickly jerked my hand up to my ear to hear who was talking, hitting my funny bone on the edge of the office door in the process. Dropped the land line, causing the battery to pop out. As I leaned over to get the battery, I slipped on the battery cover, and nearly beaned my head on my desk.

As I went to the kitchen to get some ice for my elbow, I saw my cell phone sitting there next to the fridge.

Universe: Thanks, but there has got to be an easier way for me to find my freaking phone.
XXMisplaced my cell phone, so I picked home the wireless land line to call it. Mis-dialed my own number, so I quickly jerked my hand up to my ear to hear who was talking, hitting my funny bone on the edge of the office door in the process. Dropped the land line, causing the battery to pop out. As I leaned over to get the battery, I slipped on the battery cover, and nearly beaned my head on my desk.

Are you sure you didn't hit your head after all?

Dave

Staff member
And in the "Holy fucking shit" category....(And I hope this wasn't posted elsewhere - I didn't see it but that doesn't always mean anything)

The most offensive 9-11 commercial possible.

I have to admit I laughed, but I get why people are pissed. And the owner has closed the store, possibly for good. Not sure who thought this was a good idea. But the topping on the cake? This joke from comedian Danny Lobell from 2013.

I don't think that's the most offensive 9-11 commercial possible, I can think of several possibilities that would be more offensive.

And yeah, it shows a massive lack of sensitivity and empathy, but to be honest, it felt like it came from stupidity rather than malice. Still not okay, of course, but nonetheless I feel a sense of "well at least they didn't set out to hurt people."

And in the "Holy fucking shit" category....(And I hope this wasn't posted elsewhere - I didn't see it but that doesn't always mean anything)

The most offensive 9-11 commercial possible.

I have to admit I laughed, but I get why people are pissed. And the owner has closed the store, possibly for good. Not sure who thought this was a good idea. But the topping on the cake? This joke from comedian Danny Lobell from 2013.

They closed? But that was a really good deal!

Something about the "we'll never forget" really bothers me. Like, you're already making a joke sale about 9/11, don't act all somber and serious at the end.

They're all 4:3 unfortunately.

I hooked two of them up as 2nd and 3rd monitors but they're pretty crappy compared to my HD monitor.
I'd take them out of their cases and build window frames around them so I could hanged them anywhere and have it appear that I had an additional window in the room.

The problem being, of course, that the old ones were terrible. Bad viewing angles, low resolution, low brightness, high power consumption, only takes charge connectors. Low refresh rate, etc, etc, etc.

Hung out with my pal while he was in sad-mode, when he's not on his meds. Got some spurtz of good conversation out of him, plus we had some fun playing Injustice, but its always weird how he'll just be so despondent at times.

Dave

Staff member
Pandora is how I discovered a band called Red. They are religious rock so I don't know how they found their way to me, but I really dig them.

Pandora is how I discovered E H Posthumus, Glitch Mob, the Halo film score, The Crystal Method, Celldweller, Caro Emerald, The Asylum Street Spankers, Carla Ulbrich, and so many more. Not bad for a free service.

--Patrick