The Super Dooper Canadian Thread (now with 47% more Canadian Bacon)

Ugh, why are people in Ontario so catastrophically dense?
I presume were talking about the much higher rates of COVID cases in Ontario compared to the rest of the country, and the answer's extremely simple: population density. Even most of Ontario is low in case numbers compared to the GTHA.
It is a lot easier to social distance when you live in a rural community where everyone has their own space inside and a backyard, and drives to and from work at a small business, and much harder when you are living in a community where you have to ride an overcrowded public transit system to and from work in an overcrowded office or store because commercial real estate is an out of control racket, wait in an overcrowded lobby for the elevator, then ride the overcrowded elevator up to your small apartment you share with three other people who are all in the same boat as you because residential real estate is even fucking worse.

Thankfully my wife and I got the hell out of the condo two years ago. If I was still living there, or god forbid, in the apartment building I was in before that, and didn't have the luxury of working from home as I do now, I'd be fucked.

I can’t imagine the logistics of elevators. Not everyone can take the stairs or wait for a four person ride like they’re discussing at our head office.

Seriously. Just having a backyard helps a lot with mental health during a lockdown. If I lived in an apartment I might have lost my mind. I can certainly understand why people who live in cities would end up being around people more even outside of work.

No it was work related. A very indepth techinical accounting issue relating to the difference between 20 and 24, and how they are not the same....

And a seperate engineering issue involving recommendations to use the method that doesn't wnd up killing people...

Seriously. Just having a backyard helps a lot with mental health during a lockdown. If I lived in an apartment I might have lost my mind. I can certainly understand why people who live in cities would end up being around people more even outside of work.
Buses. Subaru’s.
Post automatically merged:

Subways that should have read.

Every once in a while Mr. Z laments not being in the city anymore. Not because he doesn't like where we are, but he misses not being responsible for upkeep or letting someone else do the driving for him. One of the first things he said once all this Covid stuff started happening was how glad he is we live where we are now.

Charles Tupper is a fascinating person. Staunch BapIst, arranged marriage to wealthy Baptist socialite at 17, pays own way to become a doctor studying in Scotland. Learns about whiskey, returns home a Doctor, rejects arranged marriage and marries his true love, and emraces her whiskey tolerate faith.

I know Robin Sparkles mega hit "Let's go to the mall", is awesome, but with current covid19 restrictions, the mall should be avoided at all costs.

Man this year for Nova Scotia. The good, we did really well with covid. The bad? Fuck. Largest killing spree in Canadian history by far, the loss of the Shearwater helicopter crew and now the loss of 6 fisherman who were sailing for home with their catch.