The Super Dooper Canadian Thread (now with 47% more Canadian Bacon)

No a Canadian stand off is when there are two sets of doors to a place, as I was leaving I held open the inner door, while some one coming in held open the outer door. Then you stand there politely holding the door open for each other.

I just watched that the other day!

I don't think we have billet logs in Ontario. Never heard of them before.

Passion Flakies and Ah, Caramel are THE BEST though (but Ah Caramel used to have more caramel than it does now, and that was better).

Last edited:
Every single one of those is available at the Safeway down the road from me. I've never actually tried any of them.

Premiers couldn't ask agree that systemic racism and systemic discrimination exist in Canada.

13/14 of the first ministers are white.

13/14 are men.

They don't think there's a systemic prejudice issue in Canada.

Premiers couldn't ask agree that systemic racism and systemic discrimination exist in Canada.

13/14 of the first ministers are white.

13/14 are men.

They don't think there's a systemic prejudice issue in Canada.

According to official demographics, about 5% of the Canadian population is Chinese. Less than that is of other, non-white origin. Statistically, having 13 or 14 white people makes sense. The 13/14 men is actually far worse.
People are a) conflating American demographics with those of other countries and b) mixing representationalism with statistics.
It would be a good thing for many minorities to be (slightly) overrepresented in functions of power to prevent the tyranny of the majority. It is nearly impossible to have every minority correctly represented in a group of just 14 people.

Which, of course, doesn't mean that there damn well is systemic racism and discrimination in Canada and Europe and wherever.

According to official demographics, about 5% of the Canadian population is Chinese. Less than that is of other, non-white origin. Statistically, having 13 or 14 white people makes sense. The 13/14 men is actually far worse.
People are a) conflating American demographics with those of other countries and b) mixing representationalism with statistics.
It would be a good thing for many minorities to be (slightly) overrepresented in functions of power to prevent the tyranny of the majority. It is nearly impossible to have every minority correctly represented in a group of just 14 people.

Which, of course, doesn't mean that there damn well is systemic racism and discrimination in Canada and Europe and wherever.

You're completely missing the point.

The point is that white men in power have decided for themselves that systemic racism isn't real. The existence of such racism is not an opinion to b debated, and certainly is not something those who benefit from get to confirm or deny.

As far as the demographics of representation among those ministers, you are right but that isn't the point I was making.