The Super Dooper Canadian Thread (now with 47% more Canadian Bacon)

OMG it's fucking F5 Friday on a Thursday! The joke now is who is faster? Connor McDavid on a break away or sponsors leaving HC?

Sportscheck, The Keg, Swiss Chalet, ESSO !!!!!!! Timbermart and Janes Frozen Foods! Not my pub style chicken nuggies!

Well bless my bones, Nova Scotia held an emergency meeting and noped out, followed by Manitoba (that's where @Adam lives).

GM is gone too. All that is left is Nike, but by the structuring of their contract they may have more difficulties severing ties with Hockey Canada.

-------

and 3 hours later, Nike is out.

There are no sponsors left. No fees coming in. It's done.

Last edited:
Well, the 2022 IIHF World Juniors are going to be interesting this winter.
They are scheduled to be in our town! Talk is that they will not go forward, or if they do Hockey Canada will not be involved. So expect a lot of rapid cheering for the other nations as Haligonians get ripped and voice their support.

And the Interim CEO of Hockey Canada has resigned, stealth like.

Entire board of Hockey Canada will resign. Not sure why, did they do something wrong? I was told they were the exact correct people to handle this.
They told the world that, they, the board, were the real victims in the 2018 gang rape of children due to the harsh criticism in the press of how they covered up the issue.

And Bauer left before they could resign.

They told the world that, they, the board, were the real victims in the 2018 gang rape of children due to the harsh criticism in the press of how they covered up the issue.

And Bauer left before they could resign.
It's just... beyond the pale.

They had a trust earmarked for settling sexual assault allegations. I have a savings account marked "Trips" and I use that money for, no prizes for guessing, taking trips. The arrogance. The evil. And then to say, "Ah well it was for other stuff too." Fucking hell.

Great Scot citizens! Flee for your lives! Into the streets! Halifax engulfed in massive battle! Thousands injured! I took a candy cane to the knee!

Little Debbie snacks and Bugles are apparently gone from Canada now. I never bought either.
Bugles and Swiss Rolls no longer for sale? Best grab bail money and a good lawyer for when @Squidleybits finds out.

Little Debbie snacks and Bugles are apparently gone from Canada now. I never bought either.
I remember being obsessed with Bugles as a kid, but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of them.

"You're...you're just the same person."

As someone that's spent an equal amount of time in both Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, that is so untrue.