[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

Except throughout the protests, there have been numerous police departments that said "fuck you we just won't show up to stop the violence" and then the protests immediately stop having violence for some reason.
Oh yeah, it works everywhere else, it just won't work here, because... reasons.

And there it is. Governor Kate Brown is sending Oregon State Patrol troopers that have been deputized as Federal DHS Agents in to stop the protests. People arrested by these troops will not be prosecuted by the Multnomah County DA, they'll be prosecuted by a special group led by Barr and the DoJ. She has agreed to let Trump disappear protesters into Federal custody. America is over.

Cariole Horne is from around here and it was an incredibly thin cover. And "stopping police brutality" doesn't go far enough. She stopped a murder. She had been a cop almost 20 years and completely lost her pension. I don't remember if the cop she stopped even got a slap on the wrist.

Horne: Fired because stopping her colleague's chokehold restraint "...increased her fellow officers' exposure to risk."
Crystal: Not fired? I think? But left MD to work in another state after agreeing to testify in a criminal misconduct case against his sergeant and another officer resulted in a slew of alleged harassment and intimidation.
Schook: Five charges. Three for "improper conduct," one for violating policy by speaking to the public without the chief's approval, one for abuse of sick time.
Lopez: Fired for "...failing to make her probationary period," though when she requested a copy of her (presumably failing) closing report from that period, she was informed no such report existed.
Gannon: Can't find the specific reason for termination. But as he was a former UFC fighter, the claim was made that his concussions left him unfit for anything but desk duty after he overslept for a shift. He turned in the other officer to the FBI after 10 years riding a desk. There was a civil case filed claiming he was discriminated against and unfairly forced to work the desk (missing out on overtime and other benefits) and that case has gone back and forth a bit.
Tasca: Let go for being "psychologically unfit" to be an officer. Oh, and did we mention she's also a lesbian? She settled later with the city for $2mil or so.

--Patrick

If there's anybody from the DC area who'd potentially be available to provide material support in the way of a safe ride out of the city for some allies, please DM me.

Oh, as it turns out, that whole "State Patrol Troopers deputized as Feds" thing doesn't apply only to Portland. Anywhere in the state of Oregon right now, if you protest police brutality, Federally deputized troops will be present. If they say you committed a crime, you will be prosecuted by the federal government, and you will go to federal prison, and you will be held in federal lockup until your trial. The state of Oregon is now directly under federal control for all intents and purposes. On the plus side, my kevlar helmets got here today.

Well, that would be news to his neighbor, who watched him get gunned down by officers from four different agencies in two SUVs with no lights or sirens. According to eye witnesses, the cops showed up, opened fire on him in his SUV without notice, and then shot him dead when he tried to get out and escape - killing him with 40 rounds. But yeah, you go ahead and keep believing what the cops say. We all know they're not doing anything bad right now, this is all theory I've been writing about after all, isn't it?

Well, that would be news to his neighbor, who watched him get gunned down by officers from four different agencies in two SUVs with no lights or sirens. According to eye witnesses, the cops showed up, opened fire on him in his SUV without notice, and then shot him dead when he tried to get out and escape - killing him with 40 rounds. But yeah, you go ahead and keep believing what the cops say. We all know they're not doing anything bad right now, this is all theory I've been writing about after all, isn't it?
Yeah, these were the neighbor reports I read before the whole he opened fire on police with an automatic weapon.

According to police, the victim of the extrajudicial execution may have had a handgun in his possession. May have. I'd love to see you get 50 rounds out of a handgun that may or may not exist. Also, the person interviewed for the article is a huge thin-blue-line supporter. The cops have yet to mention any guns other than a potential handgun, which may or may not have been in his truck.

you go ahead and keep believing what the cops say.
I don’t know who said it. I just know it was said. The report I linked quotes “two guys who were working on cars nearby” and who moved closer to get a better look, but it does not mention whether those two guys are or are not also cops when they are not being mechanics.

—Patrick

Wow... just wow...
Frankly, I'm not surprised by this any more. This is because I'm a rational human being capable of inductive reasoning, and I've seen sufficient instances of the disparity between how White suspects are treated and how PoC suspects are treated that at some point I said to myself, "Hey, this sure is happening an awful lot, enough for me to now suspect there may be additional incidents that happen where I can't see them." As opposed to being one of those folks who think that it can't be that much of an issue because SOME PoC suspects are treated fairly in other jurisdictions so it must all balance out.

--Patrick

To a much lesser degree, females stopped by police can also be subjected to some super disturbing behavior by police. I won’t derail the thread by getting into it now, but I have had some very alarming experiences that would never have happened to my husband. Fortunately I was aware that he was trying to pick a fight and I stuck to yes sir, no sir and read my kids the riot act when he ran my license because they were ready to tear into him for me which would have gone very poorly for us.

GasBandit

Staff member
People: Black Lives Matter!
Douchebags: ALL Lives Matter.
Cops: No lives matter.

People: Black Lives Matter!
Douchebags: ALL Lives Matter.
Cops: No lives matter.

This sort of thing scares the shit out of me. My son's autism is really only apparent when he gets frustrated or angry, and we work all the time on calming techniques. I don't know how many times we've explained that when he's expressing anger, that could scare people. but really all I can ever think is that he's going to get shot by a cop. Normal people know how to empathize and de-escalate a situation.

One of the things I like best about most Defund the Police proposals is creating teams that specialize in dealing with people exhibiting mental health issues. As far as I've heard, most cops are not currently trained or specialized in that area, and it would be better for everyone involved to send people who are.

This sort of thing scares the shit out of me. My son's autism is really only apparent when he gets frustrated or angry, and we work all the time on calming techniques. I don't know how many times we've explained that when he's expressing anger, that could scare people. but really all I can ever think is that he's going to get shot by a cop. Normal people know how to empathize and de-escalate a situation.
It's one of the many many reasons I am not forcing my son to learn how to drive. When he gets frustrated or thinks he's done something wrong he will literally just freak out and become pretty self destructive, and I really don't want to have to worry about him getting pulled over and losing it.

Zero Tolerance policies in action, still. Such idiocy.
Hey now, it was a bright neon green airsoft gun with an orange tip in the kid's bedroom being placed in the background with no threats (explicit or implied). How is anyone supposed to know that it's not a dangerous situation?

Hey now, it was a bright neon green airsoft gun with an orange tip in the kid's bedroom being placed in the background with no threats (explicit or implied). How is anyone supposed to know that it's not a dangerous situation?
Also it was a black kid in Colorado Springs, so I can't imagine that helped tbh.

Obviously it's incredibly shitty, but I love the idea that after Charlottesville, when standing among the wreckage, there was someone who thought "I should collect this stuff to sell it."

Obviously it's incredibly shitty, but I love the idea that after Charlottesville, when standing among the wreckage, there was someone who thought "I should collect this stuff to sell it."
It says they are a nonprofit and all the money they make goes to charity. It's still disturbing as fuck, and the money should go to the families themselves if they really going to go that route, but at least it's not as bottom of the cesspit terrible is seemed when I started reading about it.