[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

GasBandit

Staff member
I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too

"Can we have more Mushoku Tensei?" WE HAVE MUSHOKU TENSEI AT HOME. "Aww mom, but you mixed "Kiss Him Not Me" in with that, it tastes weird now."

It was in danger of being good, actually. It really could have been a treatise on abuse, mental health, and self-image.

But it got turned into "all it took for every single person in the world to instantly love you was to magically become conventionally attractive." It feels like Incel-bait.

GasBandit

Staff member
The Legendary Hero is Dead seems to be catering to a very specific fetish.

Yes, he is putting thigh high stockings on a daikon radish.

Patlabor the Movie

I've been watching Patlabor with my friend and decided to watch the movies to and MAN...this, sure is a movie based on a TV show all right.

They also were very happy to show off animation , a lot of close ups and well animated group shots, but if I wasn't a fan of the show I would not have watched this film.

GasBandit

Staff member
The Legendary Hero is Dead! does have an opening theme that is actually kind of a bop. I mean, it's not of the caliber we've come to expect from, like, Shield Hero, or One Punch Man, or Overlord, or even Ya Boy Kongming... but it's catchy.

GasBandit

Staff member
So far, Dead Mount Death Play is actually pretty interesting. I know, the name sounds SUPER cringe-edgy... but the series is actually pretty engaging. It's got a real Durarara!! vibe going to it, and it's a reverse isekai - an overpowered superbeing from a sword-and-sorcery world gets reincarnated into a regular kid in modern-day Japan. Lucky for him he keeps his magic powers from the other world. He gets caught up in a violent web of intrigue, murder, assassination, and crime, and besides Dr Stone season 3 and Vinland season 2, it's the first thing I'm actually looking forward to coming out each week. Aside from those three, everything else this season seems pretty low-mid tier.

GasBandit

Staff member
I know I said almost every thing is mid tier this season already, but damn, it's like "Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure" isn't even trying. Almost every single character is irritating, ESPECIALLY the harem love interests - both pre and post pubescent. Oh don't worry, it's perfectly fine for the protagonist to have a child harem because he's a child himself, right? Uuugh. He's overpowered and not in the interesting way. Supposedly he's an adult Japanese earthling reincarnated into another world but he definitely acts and thinks (audible thought narration and stuff) like a ten year old. And to make matters worse, the studio is absolutely phoning everything in. The music is trite and bland, the character design is either trope-standards or brainfart, and the animation frequently... isn't. Seriously, this week there were two people conversing, and each time one would talk, the other literally had no animation frames. Still image. No blinking, no moving, no drinking from the drink they're holding. And it just stands out so bad.

I can't believe there's actually a show that is making "Trapped in a Dating Sim" look novel and well executed by comparison.

Patlabor the early days

YUP,those sure.... were a string of pilot episodes,with the last one finally having all of the characters act in character.

Like they were fine for what they were,but they definitely improved Asuma and Izumi in the main series, made Asuma less of a nepo-baby and Izumi more brave.

Also the monster one is just...burned into my brain for how "What the fuck was that?" it was.