[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

GasBandit

Staff member
It tells you a lot about the state of Anime that the least unwatchable thing of the season was a 12 episode arc about trying to overcome erectile dysfunction.

I've been enjoying Zom 100 over on Netflix. I would describe it as equal parts trash and high quality art. Highly recommend.

Really hoping this season of Castlevania is as good as previous ones.

GasBandit

Staff member
Is that just figurative speaking?
No. It's not. Mushoku Tensei season 2, which they've broken into 2 parts for some reason. First twelve episodes just wrapped up, the next start in April.

Which, you know, sounds to me like season 2 and 3 got reduced to 12 episodes (first season was 23) and they just didn't want to admit it for some reason.

Netflix just dropped something like a dozen trailers for their upcoming anime blitz.
You keep this up and Sony is going to try and buy you, Netflix.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I've been enjoying Zom 100 over on Netflix. I would describe it as equal parts trash and high quality art. Highly recommend.
Started watching the english dub on Crunchyroll (the subtitles are badly timed all over the place there), and so far I'm kinda digging its Zombieland-meets-High School of the Dead vibes. Interesting juxtaposition of affirmation and nihilism.

But boy oh boy do they think every single woman's first act upon being zombified will be to strip down to her underwear.

Started watching the english dub on Crunchyroll (the subtitles are badly timed all over the place there), and so far I'm kinda digging its Zombieland-meets-High School of the Dead vibes. Interesting juxtaposition of affirmation and nihilism.

But boy oh boy do they think every single woman's first act upon being zombified will be to strip down to her underwear.
There are zombie infections in pop culture that make people feel super overheated at the peak of infection, probably for this exact purpose. :D

GasBandit

Staff member
There are zombie infections in pop culture that make people feel super overheated at the peak of infection, probably for this exact purpose. :D
I assume those at least have the guy-zombies in similar states of undress. Not so in Zom100! And here nobody even thinks it abnormal.

Though the show does at least attempt equal opportunity fanservice by making the protagonist's best friend a hunk with a proclivity for public nudity.

1695925231851.png

1695925171783.png

Last edited:
I dunno if Castlevania Nocturne actually counts, but shit does it channel late 80s anime. I wish the actual animation was better but it's once again a gorgeous slideshow of incredible stills with not a lot of animation in between.

Nocturne.png

GasBandit

Staff member
Also Spy-X-Fam on Saturday. Things are looking up.

Spose I might as well see if Shield Hero gets good again. It kinda ran out of gas for me in the last few episodes of season 1, tbh.

Also Spy-X-Fam on Saturday. Things are looking up.

Spose I might as well see if Shield Hero gets good again. It kinda ran out of gas for me in the last few episodes of season 1, tbh.
My husband, who was reading the light novels says S3 is where the story *should* start getting interesting again.

I kind of lost interest in Shield Hero when I found out Reprise of the Spear Hero was a thing.

GasBandit

Staff member
Season 2 of Faraway Paladin is off to a glacial start. But then the source material was a very "walking and talking" kind of story for the most part, too.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh I am HATING the new addition to the squad in Goblin Slayer. Mother fucker is such an aggressively stupid dumbshit kid. If this were any other anime he'd have been one of the rival bully's toadies that gets scared away when the bully gets beaten up. Here's hoping he gets a very humbling (if not psychologically scarring, knowing how this anime works) wake up VERY soon.

Oh I am HATING the new addition to the squad in Goblin Slayer. Mother fucker is such an aggressively stupid dumbshit kid. If this were any other anime he'd have been one of the rival bully's toadies that gets scared away when the bully gets beaten up. Here's hoping he gets a very humbling (if not psychologically scarring, knowing how this anime works) wake up VERY soon.
Oh, I haven't watched the new episodes yet but the way you talk about the guy I guess it's wizard boy?