TIL: Today I Learned

Fun fact: one side of State Line Ave is wet (liquor sales) and one side is dry (no liquor sales). Texas is the dry side.
I love quirks like this. There's a town that straddles Alberta and Saskatchewan, called Lloydminster. The drinking age is 18 in AB, but 19 in SK, so guess which side of town the kids love. It's also messy for DST - SK doesn't observe it, but AB does. The whole town of Lloydminster does, but if you work outside of town in SK, you are in a different time zone at home than at work. I can only imagine how late/early people sometimes are on those time switch days.

I love quirks like this. There's a town that straddles Alberta and Saskatchewan, called Lloydminster. The drinking age is 18 in AB, but 19 in SK, so guess which side of town the kids love. It's also messy for DST - SK doesn't observe it, but AB does. The whole town of Lloydminster does, but if you work outside of town in SK, you are in a different time zone at home than at work. I can only imagine how late/early people sometimes are on those time switch days.
My sister used to live in Alabama, very close to the divider between the Eastern and Central time zones. She knew a number of people who lived on one side and worked on the other. Their solution was to just live on work time. Set every clock in your house to the time zone your work is in and you avoid all those issues.

You then just have to deal with converting for everything else in your life, but nothing's perfect.