Video Game News and Miscellany

Man, the Japanese are not liking games that aren't called Monster Hunter lately. Super Mario 3D World is one of the worst selling Mario games ever and Final Fantasy Lightning Returns Extra Explosion Extend Fantasmo XIII X-23 Vs sold like half of what XIII=2 did, which sold like half of what XIII did.

Man, the Japanese are not liking games that aren't called Monster Hunter lately. Super Mario 3D World is one of the worst selling Mario games ever and Final Fantasy Lightning Returns Extra Explosion Extend Fantasmo XIII X-23 Vs sold like half of what XIII=2 did, which sold like half of what XIII did.
I suspect 3D World is bombing because of the low install base on the WiiU. I don't NEED to explain why Lightning Returns is failing: no one gives a shit about Final Fantasy 13 and it's characters.

Today begins Nintendo's Mario games sale.

I already have Super Mario Bros and SMB 2 doesn't interest me, but Super Mario World (aka The Best One) is 5.59 on the Wii U VC. I have a $5 credit on there, so I could have it for 59 cents.

Just not sure if I'd rather put that towards Earthbound at some point, or when the eshop credits can be merged if I'd rather get Ecco the Dolphin 3D on my 3DS.

Has anyone played beyond: two souls yet? I hear it's going down to $25 and am interested but dont know if it's worth that much or if I should wait until it goes lower. I did like heavy rain but only for a single playthrough.

Man, every video for Everquest Next is exciting. An MMO with a high def Minecraft voxel world.

Christ this seems ambitious.

Heh, they sold out, but Microsoft was selling Xbone "Day One" Editions on Ebay today for retail price. Day One....suuuuuuuuuure.

Fuck you scalpers. This console launch has not been kind to their scummy kind this time around.

My brother is playing MH right now, I have never seen him so sucked into a game since we were huge WoW addicts years ago. This shit will consume you. He even bought it for the WiiU and 3DS so he could transfer save data between them for playing on the go.

I still think that the ones to blame about microtransactions are the users who buy this thing. Please, I'm no saying it's a good thing or that you should not complain about it. Let Microsoft and EA die if they insist using this method but if they don't is because gamers don't care and still buy games with this "feature"

And they'll also be the ones who stop its existence when they stop buying it. It will happen exactly as the video predicts--people will only put up with it for so long.

The only version of it that I see having long-term viability is the Skylanders/Disney Infinity craze. You're paying $10-$15 for ONE new character, and people eat it up, and will continue to do so, because there's also a physical product, not just an arbitrary DLC fee.

And they'll also be the ones who stop its existence when they stop buying it. It will happen exactly as the video predicts--people will only put up with it for so long.

The only version of it that I see having long-term viability is the Skylanders/Disney Infinity craze. You're paying $10-$15 for ONE new character, and people eat it up, and will continue to do so, because there's also a physical product, not just an arbitrary DLC fee.
A thousand times this. You're getting an action figure on top of the game character, which adds value to the product. If Nintendo was doing this for Pokemon (and a lot of people are asking WHY they aren't), I'd probably be buying every figure out there, had I the money.

If they added that for Pokemon I think my husband would try to preemptively get my debit card cancelled.

Last edited:
Game's still pre-alpha yet.

There's in-engine trailers though.

It's 1440p!
Honestly, it's AMAZING and I'm truly excited about this Kickstarters BREAKING the industry mold.

I just want to see some actual gaming.

I've seen a lot of hanger videos.... awesome.

I wonder if I don't give money now if I"'m fucked later.

I just loved the Broken Sword series, except for 4, which made the unfortunate jump to 3D which was the downfall of many adventure game franchises. Glad to see this one went back to the traditional point and click adventure.

I actually bought VII through Steam, it's nice to have the game on my PC whenever I feel like playing without fucking around to get a PS emulator to work. I would recommend, though, anyone playing FF games through Steam hit up a controller FAQ. Setting the buttons to the proper keys is a huge pain otherwise.

Honestly, it's AMAZING and I'm truly excited about this Kickstarters BREAKING the industry mold.

I just want to see some actual gaming.

I've seen a lot of hanger videos.... awesome.

I wonder if I don't give money now if I"'m fucked later.
Don't bother buying in now unless it's some limited ship that catches your eye (they do these limited sales constantly). No ships get lifetime insurance anymore.