Weird weather

Dave

Staff member
The snow, she is falling. My wife will be calling out from work and my son had to park at the bottom of the hill to our house because he couldn't make it up. Major streets are untouched. Neighborhoods are untouched. The INTERSTATE is mostly untouched. That's as of 10 am this morning. I leave for work at 5:30 tomorrow morning and I hope they've done SOMETHING by then!

It's June and we are having an electric storm. That doesn't happen normally.
Having one now too. Really normal.

Special Weather Statement issued June 3 at 11:58PM CDT by NWS Houston/Galveston TX

At 1156 PM CDT, Doppler radar was tracking a cluster of strong thunderstorms over south central Trinity, northwestern San Jacinto, southwestern Polk and east central Walker Counties. These storms were nearly stationary. HAZARD...Winds in excess of 40 mph and penny size hail. SOURCE...Radar indicated. IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around unsecured objects. Minor damage to outdoor objects is possible. Locations impacted include... Livingston, Onalaska, Coldspring, Point Blank, Riverside, Goodrich, Sebastopol, Lake Livingston State Park, West Livingston, Leggett and Oakhurst.

Having one now too. Really normal.

Special Weather Statement issued June 3 at 11:58PM CDT by NWS Houston/Galveston TX

At 1156 PM CDT, Doppler radar was tracking a cluster of strong thunderstorms over south central Trinity, northwestern San Jacinto, southwestern Polk and east central Walker Counties. These storms were nearly stationary. HAZARD...Winds in excess of 40 mph and penny size hail. SOURCE...Radar indicated. IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around unsecured objects. Minor damage to outdoor objects is possible. Locations impacted include... Livingston, Onalaska, Coldspring, Point Blank, Riverside, Goodrich, Sebastopol, Lake Livingston State Park, West Livingston, Leggett and Oakhurst.
We could see the lightning from those in the cloud tops to our south last night.

We had this immensely creepy cloud just kind of pass over the town last night. Otherwise bright and sunny out, then this thick mass blots out the sun. The only light being what's coming in from around it. No rain, no thunder, just the black mass.

20230606_184559.jpg

20230606_192248.jpg

Meanwhile none of these NYC people are asking how bad the Canadians have it.
Meanwhile, in your own forum several hours ago:
Screenshot_20230607_223152_Chrome.jpg

And yes, when talking to other adults today, it frequently came up how bad it must have been/is in Canada. Yeah, people are taken aback because a) this never happens here, and b) the source wasn't even in our own country.

But go off.

He said NYC people. You live in Jersey. :troll:
Aw, you can read a map. Good for you.

We habitually get lumped into the NYC Metro area anyway, regardless of state lines or actual bodies of water in the way. We only achieve statehood when someone from NYC needs to feel superior, despite Staten Island being one of the 5 boros.

Dave

Staff member
Aw, you can read a map. Good for you.

We habitually get lumped into the NYC Metro area anyway, regardless of state lines or actual bodies of water in the way. We only achieve statehood when someone from NYC needs to feel superior, despite Staten Island being one of the 5 boros.
I purposely exclude those on the forum from my generalization. We have several Canadians here and have seen their troubles as they happened. So I believe we have a better understanding than most people just off the street. All the videos and interviews I’ve seen were very US-centric and dwelled exclusively on how bad we in the states had it.