[Thread Game] #Whamageddon2021 - WHAM FREE DIE HARDER

Yeah, I lost a few weeks so, too. Can't remember the exact date. My building's lobby has a radio playing Christmas songs by the tree and I heard the song as I was leaving.

I wasn't really playing, though, honestly. In fact, I had to stop and think "Wait, is this the song everyone is trying to avoid? I think it is."

I think I heard it last week at a Mexican Restaurant. But it was a cover in Spanish.

Also I still do not think I have heard the song outside of last year's thread where it was linked.

It is December 5, 2022. I got whammed when I heard the song playing in the street today at lunchtime. Infuriatingly, I could not tell where the music was coming from, though my best guess would be someone was playing it on their phone.

I went to a potluck on Saturday, and they had Christmas music playing on the TV with Ryan Seacrest slowly destroying my soul between songs. I was certain I was gonna get whammed, but I somehow survived

I've been whammed several times already at work. Nothing I can do to avoid it. They got that shit programmed in the song loop.

I got it last night as I was driving home in the car. The funny/sad part is I had been singing along, and was probably a 1/3 way into the song before I realized what had happened. Laughed, and kept singing.

GasBandit

Staff member
I got it last night as I was driving home in the car. The funny/sad part is I had been singing along, and was probably a 1/3 way into the song before I realized what had happened. Laughed, and kept singing.
That's like the whamageddon equivalent of not realizing you've been shot until after the combat dies down and you sit down and take off your coat :rofl:

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a close call a couple days ago. Fortunately just Mariah Carey, but I gtfo before I could get whammed.

On the way to an evening event on the 2nd - laughed when it came on, and then had to explain what "Whamageddon" was to @Eriol who was with me.
Heard it again on the way home that same evening.
Clearly that radio station needs a longer or more varied playlist.

I got a good feeling about this year. My only risk is that I've taken some dishwashing shifts at the nearby IKEA but I wear headphones and the dishwasher is loud.

Had a team meeting last Thursday and we always have music while everyone is joining. It was Christmas music that time and I got hit with a cover of So This is Christmas, Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas time (Wings), and then the first half of Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You. I was waiting on a Whamming, but it never arrived.

I do have 2 holiday parties to go to, though.

I haven't heard it yet because my wife always puts on "Indie Christmas" to avoid the pop stuff. I don't mind the pop stuff, but I don't have much occasion to get Whammed. Honestly, I don't mind losing that game, as long as I never hear Christmas Shoes again.

I haven't heard it yet because my wife always puts on "Indie Christmas" to avoid the pop stuff. I don't mind the pop stuff, but I don't have much occasion to get Whammed. Honestly, I don't mind losing that game, as long as I never hear Christmas Shoes again.
If I never hear "The Christmas Shoes" again, it'll be too soon. Good god, is that the worst holiday song ever written.

After years of no Whamming, I got Whammed twice this weekend (90% sure they were both the original).

On Sunday, it was followed by Do They Know It's Christmas, the second worst Christmas song ever written. How is that song still being played? :eek:

How is that song still being played? :eek:
If they stop playing it, other people will be able to claim it and redo it to their own standards.
Maybe between this and "We Are The World," it's the most efficient way to pay royalties to the largest number of people at once?

--Patrick