What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

North_Ranger

Staff member

I don't know what The High Kings are doing... but every time I listen to their renditions of traditional Irish songs, all my worries and stress just melt away like the last snows of spring.

[DOUBLEPOST=1357064429][/DOUBLEPOST]
Heh, it reminds me of a story someone told me some years ago. Their son came home with a new CD they bought (this was obviously back when CDs were still a major thing). They were so excited because this awesome band some friends were talking about. They must've been new because he'd never heard of them before. So he pulls the CD out of his backpack...and it's the White Album.
In high school, dad sees me heading in to my room after coming in from school, and notices the Ramones patch I have sewn on to my back pack.
Dad: "The Ramones?"
Me: "Yeah... it's a punk band."
Dad: I KNOW who the Ramones are. How the hell do YOU know that?"

Peter Fox' Shostakovitchovitch.

I dislike his other work - especially "Haus am See" - but this instrumental piece is pretty great.

The albums name is "Stadtaffe" or citymonkey. He compares the city Berlin with a concrete jungle,and we are all monkeys living inside it. Also,that dude loooooves monkeys.When he first visited the Zoo,they became his fave animal.Also his first plush was a monkey (King Lou). So yeah,he loves monkeys.

For kicks I made a samba station on Pandora. The kids and I have been having fun dancing around to it. This is one of the songs on the playlist.

LittleSin - I'm so glad someone finally checked that song out. I highly highly recommend listening to

Now. Warning, it may bring some teary feels to your eyes. In a good way though.

MOTORHEAD MOTHER FUCKERS!

"Who would win in a fight between God and Lemmy Kilmister from Motorhead?"

"Lemmy?"

"No."

"...God!"

"Nope!"

"What?!"

"Trick question, LEMMY IS GOD!"

So the Liberal Party of Canada is having their leadership convention today, and outgoing interim leader Bob Rae said, in reference to Liberals surprise thrashing in the last federal election, "We get knocked, but we get up again, ain't nothing ever gonna keep us down." So this is stuck in my head now.