What are you playing?

GasBandit

Staff member
Pro tip: put motion sensors at knee level. The height you placed them wouldn’t have tripped with a creepy crawling ghost.
Any tips on getting the sulky bitches to fucking fill sinks with dirty water already? That was the one task we consistently failed, even on the tiny house, because the ghost never filled a sink anywhere, so obviously we could not get a picture of it. GAGH.

So, a little more Cyberpunk rumblings.

I've lived in a few cities in my life and I've never seen anywhere with as little parking as Night City. How does anyone have a car?

On that topic, since the parking garage of your apartment is one of the only parking areas in the game, this game is SO guilty of that thing that so many open world games are guilty of. The area around where you begin is so full of life and so intricately designed. Markets, etc. No where else in the game is. The rest of the world is very cut and paste and thrown together. Example, you can pet a cat before you go for your first ripperdoc visit. Find another cat in the world. Try it.

So, a little more Cyberpunk rumblings.

I've lived in a few cities in my life and I've never seen anywhere with as little parking as Night City. How does anyone have a car?

On that topic, since the parking garage of your apartment is one of the only parking areas in the game, this game is SO guilty of that thing that so many open world games are guilty of. The area around where you begin is so full of life and so intricately designed. Markets, etc. No where else in the game is. The rest of the world is very cut and paste and thrown together. Example, you can pet a cat before you go for your first ripperdoc visit. Find another cat in the world. Try it.
Sounds like they front loaded the starting areas to show them off in the demo reels, but didn't put the same effort in other parts of the world.

Dave

Staff member
Any tips on getting the sulky bitches to fucking fill sinks with dirty water already? That was the one task we consistently failed, even on the tiny house, because the ghost never filled a sink anywhere, so obviously we could not get a picture of it. GAGH.
Unless the ghost spawns in a room with sinks, don't count on it doing anything. When they wander they tend no to care about sinks.

Dave

Staff member
Outward is fracking hard.

Skyrim and Dark Souls combined. We've played two person coop for 7.5 hours. Have done nothing.

Not being allowed to fucking grenade Jesse Cox's annoying ass in Cyberpunk is fucking bullshit. These cameos are trash garbage.

Oh cool, I'm also not allowed to get out of the car once we're driving. COOL AND GOOD.

OH FUCK YOU I CAN'T EVEN MOW PEOPLE DOWN IN THE CAR?

Cyberpunk 2077 official Frank Review: -120,000,000,000/10

If I were any good at modding I would literally create a mod that removes them. I've gotten two so far. At least the Alana Pearce one is like 10 seconds of dialog.

Not being allowed to fucking grenade Jesse Cox's annoying ass in Cyberpunk is fucking bullshit. These cameos are trash garbage.

Oh cool, I'm also not allowed to get out of the car once we're driving. COOL AND GOOD.

OH FUCK YOU I CAN'T EVEN MOW PEOPLE DOWN IN THE CAR?

Cyberpunk 2077 official Frank Review: -120,000,000,000/10

If I were any good at modding I would literally create a mod that removes them. I've gotten two so far. At least the Alana Pearce one is like 10 seconds of dialog.
If you just stop the car and let the invisible timer run down Jesse's cyberCox will explode and he'll die

WELL that's not indicated anywhere, and considering the astounding limitations otherwise, no one can blame me for assuming there's no alternative.

Wow, Delamain headquarters is a buggy effing mess. Like, drones shooting after they're dead, dying to electricity despite not even being in the main garage. Jesus, this is rough.

Dragon Quest XI seems awesome so far. I got the definitive edition. The orchestra music is nice and the 2D vs 3D is fun although I can’t imagine I will play in 2D, it was fun to show the kids what my original Dragon Quest game looked like on my NES.

Dave

Staff member
  1. The Ouija board KILLS your sanity.
  2. Even when you aren't keying the mic if you're talking the ghosts can hear you.
  3. When you were hiding in the bathroom you were still right next to the door. It could have reached through and killed you.
Solo Phasmo is hard.

GasBandit

Staff member
  1. The Ouija board KILLS your sanity.
  2. Even when you aren't keying the mic if you're talking the ghosts can hear you.
  3. When you were hiding in the bathroom you were still right next to the door. It could have reached through and killed you.
Solo Phasmo is hard.
Even multiplayer Phasmo is hard when:

If I play not in VR, the ghost can't hear me, so I'm useless for the spirit box and/or taunting the ghost to do something
If I play in VR, the thermometer is impossible to read unless I constantly walk around holding it right against my nose
If I play not in VR, I can only carry 3 things instead of 4
If I play in VR, everybody has to quit and rejoin the lobby after every game or we stop being able to hear each other
If I play not in VR, I can't keep a lit flashlight on my belt so I can use my hands for other things but still have light
If I play in VR, every time I try to use my mic transmitter it thinks I'm trying to take off my head camera and drop it on the floor
And either way, the ghost's "room" is always a god damned hallway. And as mentioned before, sinks never fill up with dirty water.

"Oh, you got an ACTUAL confirmed photograph of a ghost? Great! Here's $10!" Bitch WHAT?

"My immediate reaction is to flee screaming, so the fact that this game's fastest movement speed is a stately meander really hampers my survival." - Snuffles

Broke 40 hours in Control today. I love the fact that as I complete the remaining missions, I just keep coming across more weird shit. Spent the morning saving plants and copying and mailing a cursed chain letter.

Even multiplayer Phasmo is hard when:

If I play not in VR, the ghost can't hear me, so I'm useless for the spirit box and/or taunting the ghost to do something
If I play in VR, the thermometer is impossible to read unless I constantly walk around holding it right against my nose
If I play not in VR, I can only carry 3 things instead of 4
If I play in VR, everybody has to quit and rejoin the lobby after every game or we stop being able to hear each other
If I play not in VR, I can't keep a lit flashlight on my belt so I can use my hands for other things but still have light
If I play in VR, every time I try to use my mic transmitter it thinks I'm trying to take off my head camera and drop it on the floor
And either way, the ghost's "room" is always a god damned hallway. And as mentioned before, sinks never fill up with dirty water.

"Oh, you got an ACTUAL confirmed photograph of a ghost? Great! Here's $10!" Bitch WHAT?

"My immediate reaction is to flee screaming, so the fact that this game's fastest movement speed is a stately meander really hampers my survival." - Snuffles
You press T to use your flashlight from your belt. :p

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Got this through Humble Bundle Choice this. I'd always been mildly curious about it, but never enough to buy it or wishlist it.

But I'm kinda digging it. I like how the upgrades are natural evolutionary steps, like becoming bipedal or using crude tools. Bit of a learning curve since the game doesn't explain things well, but the concept kept me engaged enough to figure it out.

Don't know of it'll hold my attention long enough to finish, but I'm enjoying it well enough for now.

Broke 40 hours in Control today. I love the fact that as I complete the remaining missions, I just keep coming across more weird shit. Spent the morning saving plants and copying and mailing a cursed chain letter.
With 1 addendum: fuck the DLC boss fights in this thing. They are just stupid hard.

Dave

Staff member
Finally picked up Conan Exiles after so many people told me to. I've played it all weekend, as had my son, daughter, and others. PvP server but no real PvP. It's been pretty fun so far.

Finally picked up Conan Exiles after so many people told me to. I've played it all weekend, as had my son, daughter, and others. PvP server but no real PvP. It's been pretty fun so far.
Glad you liked it. I used to mainline this pretty hard a few months ago.

I got conan in way early access when really there was nothing to do but basically build a hut.
Every time someone talks about it, that's all I ever think about the game. It's hard for me to imagine the fun, rich world people talk about when they talk about it. Maybe I should look back into it.

Decided to use a discount code over the holidays for Strat-O-Matic Baseball Express - mostly because I wanted to get the personalized "basic" card.

The express version of the game isn't high quality (and the cards are from 2017), but it's interesting to play a game with the rules and stats that are essentially the same as The Big Game.

My time in Portia is super cute. Nick, I believe you mentioned it recently here. Thanks!! For whatever reason, I couldn’t get into Stardew Valley. I have an embarrassing amount of hours in Animal Crossing. This seems somewhere in between. And I get to have awesome pink hair from day one!

My time in Portia is super cute. Nick, I believe you mentioned it recently here. Thanks!! For whatever reason, I couldn’t get into Stardew Valley. I have an embarrassing amount of hours in Animal Crossing. This seems somewhere in between. And I get to have awesome pink hair from day one!
Yay! I fellow Portia fan! Yeah, I don't know what it is about this game. I liked Stardew Valley and played it a lot, but it didn't grab me as hard as Porta did.

Meanwhile, I decided to try and clear out some of the games installed on my computer, as they've added up.

I tried getting back into Owlboy, because I think I was near the end, but I couldn't remember what to do, where to go, or anything. It's not a Metroidvania style game, but it's close enough that I decided to just uninstall it. Maybe I'll reinstall it sometime and start it from scratch. I also uninstalled Hitman 2, after realizing that, as much as I really enjoy the game, I'm absolutely terrible at it. I'm terrible and have no patience for stealth games. The only way I managed to pass any levels or challenges is following a step-by-step guide on YouTube. And I realized, as fun as it was, I wasn't really doing any of the work myself and just following along with someone else. And it was frustrating when what I did in the game didn't line up with the YouTube guide, so I'd keep screwing up.