What are you playing?

I have one huge issue with Alien Isolation: the computer knows where you are at all times so the Alien always has some idea of where you are. There is never a chance of the Alien wandering far enough away that it will be a non-issue... there will always be times where you are essentially sneaking around it, only for it to be forced to spawn right by you to invoke more challenge. More, it never learns to avoid you if you actually manage to hurt it... it keeps coming back, unlike pretty much every animal in existence. It completely ruined my immersion.
I'm not really up to date on my Alien lore, but they're not really animals, are they? I'm pretty sure they're bio-weapons.

I'm not really up to date on my Alien lore, but they're not really animals, are they? I'm pretty sure they're bio-weapons.
Correct. They don't properly act like animals and the individual survival of the warriors has never been a big deal. The Queen matters above all else.

I want to see this on Twitch!
I tried playing with broadcast going, but it covers up the right side of the screen and with a game where every sight and sound can mean life or death, I couldn't play like that.

I'm also worried I'm going to hit a point like Nick where I just can't cut it. It took me several tries to get past just the first room with humans outside the tutorial. Later a synthetic literally curb-stomped me in the head. Haven't been killed by the Alien yet, but it's only a matter of time. Right now I'm in Scimed.

Correct. They don't properly act like animals and the individual survival of the warriors has never been a big deal. The Queen matters above all else.

I tried playing with broadcast going, but it covers up the right side of the screen and with a game where every sight and sound can mean life or death, I couldn't play like that.

I'm also worried I'm going to hit a point like Nick where I just can't cut it. It took me several tries to get past just the first room with humans outside the tutorial. Later a synthetic literally curb-stomped me in the head. Haven't been killed by the Alien yet, but it's only a matter of time. Right now I'm in Scimed.
I made it as far as Chapter 4 and I was struggling even with the androids. I actually rushed past them rather than sneak to get to the elevator.

I made it as far as Chapter 4 and I was struggling even with the androids. I actually rushed past them rather than sneak to get to the elevator.
I did this once, but near the end of that area, the tracker gave me a clear sign of something rushing toward my room, into the room, over me, and then moving along. Never saw a thing except that blip of light, which tells me the Alien was around. I distracted the androids with a flare. Then came more of the tracker going nuts about something running past me--again, I see nothing. Finally I freaked and hid in a locker. Then this happened:

This has gotta be one of the most stressful games I've ever played.

It's one thing for a game to make you paranoid--it's another for you to act on that paranoia and find out you were right.

If you're playing on Hard, you're using the reader FAAAR to often and too long. It attracts the Alien from so far away.

No more than a second. Get used to the enter and exit beeps from it (doesn't even need to be up).

I see wanna see this life, it's OK to be scared, it's therapeutic.

And I wanna see the action live.

Dei, Mr. Dei, Terrik, and I played a couple of rounds of ME3 Multiplayer on Bronze earlier.

Mr. Dei is a goddamn killing machine.

If you're playing on Hard, you're using the reader FAAAR to often and too long. It attracts the Alien from so far away.

No more than a second. Get used to the enter and exit beeps from it (doesn't even need to be up).

I see wanna see this life, it's OK to be scared, it's therapeutic.

And I wanna see the action live.
To be honest, I had to scale it down. I couldn't get past the first room with the four people in it on hard and after 40 minutes, I knew I was either going to have to scale it back or keep going until I got frustrated and quit. That may still happen, but I've only died three times since then.

But I'll still be careful with the tracker; I wondered if the noise was audible to anyone/anything else.

Finished Shadow of Mordor. Here's my Nemesis.

2015-10-05_00001.jpg

Yep, I remember him. He completely ruined my early game for awhile...

- Plate is from stabbing him through the face.
- Bag is from chewing his face off with a caragor.
- Other scars are from burning him with an explosion.

He and his poison arrows were a handful for an eternity.

What in the fuck made me think playing Banished again was a good plan. Maybe I just like watching my town starve to death in its infancy over and over and over again.

To be honest, I had to scale it down. I couldn't get past the first room with the four people in it on hard and after 40 minutes, I knew I was either going to have to scale it back or keep going until I got frustrated and quit. That may still happen, but I've only died three times since then.

But I'll still be careful with the tracker; I wondered if the noise was audible to anyone/anything else.
On Normal? Meh.

No wonder that Alien walked right past you.

Ooh, the official release of Prison Architect was today and they added a whole bunch of things for release. Time to poke around.

Because I love my own suffering apparently, for the next hour and a half I'll be broadcasting Alien: Isolation. Switched the difficulty to hard for Jay, the way he likes it.

Maybe you could get a microphone for next recording. :D
The PS4 comes with one; I just didn't want the broadcast recording my wife and I's evening. If I do this again this weekend while she's out of town, I'll turn on the mic. Though I may knock the difficulty back down, get past this part, and then turn it up again so I'm not streaming the same part of the game, because I can pretty much promise if I do, I will stay on this part of the game forever.

Also, this game is making me hyper-sensitive so I'm hearing all the creaks and such of our upstairs neighbors walking around. It's like Paranormal Activity, frequent home edition.

I swapped Madden 13 for Madden 25 and I realize now it's probably actually just a little bit better. One thing I hated about Madden 13 is contract negotiations. It's just way out of my knowledge in trying to figure out and players are never satisfied, lol. I had two good seasons before all my players revolted-- even when I think I've made a reasonable contract deal that's neither too high, or too low, they're unhappy, lol.

I had to take a break from Madden 25 but I'm planning on doing a gag-season. XD My friends and I kept joking about running Owner Mode but making the absolute worst team in existence.

I only said some days! Actually sometimes it makes me feel downright young, especially when I'm around all of the (way older than me) parents at my son's middle school. ;)

Well, that was humbling.
Some advise

Never run. Ever. Running = Reloading. You slip up 1 sec and it's death.

Pistol will never help vs Alien. Only the flamethrower and that will only effectively work once.

Bide your time bit not too much.

Crouching excessively when nothing is around slows you down and limits vision.

Use consumables effectively. Alien hanging out between you and the target. Throw something down the hall. Always make sure the way between you and the way you want to go is alien free. But don't make the alien pass by you along the way if you could... you're wasting valuable distraction time.

Better luck next time.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Some advise

Never run. Ever. Running = Reloading. You slip up 1 sec and it's death.

Pistol will never help vs Alien. Only the flamethrower and that will only effectively work once.

Bide your time bit not too much.

Crouching excessively when nothing is around slows you down and limits vision.

Use consumables effectively. Alien hanging out between you and the target. Throw something down the hall. Always make sure the way between you and the way you want to go is alien free. But don't make the alien pass by you along the way if you could... you're wasting valuable distraction time.

Better luck next time.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Maybe I'll try hard mode again.

fade

Staff member
Finished Shadow of Mordor. Here's my Nemesis.

View attachment 19306

Yep, I remember him. He completely ruined my early game for awhile...

- Plate is from stabbing him through the face.
- Bag is from chewing his face off with a caragor.
- Other scars are from burning him with an explosion.

He and his poison arrows were a handful for an eternity.
Mine was a bow user too, but with fire arrows. I got a poison immunity rune early on, put it on, and left it on for the rest of the game. The fire arrows would kill you in less than 3 hits when fired by a captain.