What are you playing?

The battles when you join up with Aerith quickly become extremely annoying. Every enemy spamming status effect attacks like sleep and slow, usually from offscreen. The shittiness of Kingdom Hearts is showing.

I've been playing assassins creed odyssey. Tbf I can't understand why is it so highly rated. In my opinion, it is the worst assassins creed game (not counting Unity, because that is not a finished game)
The story behind Odyssey is okay, but the side quests, voice acting and general feeling of the game is just... bad. Feels like some company that has never written a game before got massive funding and just created that game. Its a shame, but I'm really hopeful for Ragnarok

I've been playing assassins creed odyssey. Tbf I can't understand why is it so highly rated. In my opinion, it is the worst assassins creed game (not counting Unity, because that is not a finished game)
I hear AC2 is being given away for free or something on uPlay right now, fyi.

--Patrick

I legit cannot stand Aerith.

Aerith, "SOMETHING CRYPTIC"

Cloud, "So what does that mean?"

Aerith, "TEE HEE, COME ONE LET'S GO!" Runs off.

Repeat times 126,000.

None of this is cute. She needs to pushed in front of a sword.

I legit cannot stand Aerith.
Aerith, "SOMETHING CRYPTIC"
Cloud, "So what does that mean?"
Aerith, "TEE HEE, COME ONE LET'S GO!" Runs off.
Repeat times 126,000.
None of this is cute. She needs to pushed in front of a sword.
No dewy young miss who keeps resisting/all the while she keeps insisting
The sadder-but-wiser girl's the girl for me

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
The story behind Odyssey is okay, but the side quests, voice acting and general feeling of the game is just... bad. Feels like some company that has never written a game before got massive funding and just created that game. Its a shame, but I'm really hopeful for Ragnarok
I'm always cautiously optimistic about games. I had the hopefulness No Man Sky'd out of me.

I'm still excited for Cyberpunk 2077, though.

Some of the juggling enemies do in the later battles of this game actually make me want to throw my controller across the room. I actually hate how fucking useless the other two characters are when you're not in control of them. Sure, just run directly into that area of effect spell. Do it you stupid fucking moron. Cool, it killed you. Great, I'm just gonna revive you aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand oops, I got juggled to death by some offscreen super attack I couldn't see or prepare for.

I'm always cautiously optimistic about games. I had the hopefulness No Man Sky'd out of me.

I'm still excited for Cyberpunk 2077, though.

I somehow got away with not getting hyped for No Mad Sky, yet AC: Unity got me furious and really sceptical with every ambitious game. I have a feeling Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be fine, but looking at their marketing strategies and how much development went into the trailers, it is hard to say. Yet what gives me hope, is that they are taking their time to develop it, not what the did with Unity, you could say they shat it out without fully digesting it, that project was doomed from the start..

I've had the past three days off, and I've spent them all playing Final Fantasy 7 remake. This game is everything I've ever wanted in a remake, it's amazing.

And it won me over a billion percent with this: spoilered for anyone who doesn't want to see the honeybee scene.

This should be timestamped to the appropriate place to skip the leadup

People keep saying that it's just disc 1 and I don't think they remember that by the end of disc 1, you've seen most of the world. Gold Saucer, Cloud's town, Cid, the City of the Ancients, etc. From what I can tell, FF7 remake part 1 focuses solely on expanding the Midgar content but doesn't reach past it.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

People keep saying that it's just disc 1 and I don't think they remember that by the end of disc 1, you've seen most of the world. Gold Saucer, Cloud's town, Cid, the City of the Ancients, etc. From what I can tell, FF7 remake part 1 focuses solely on expanding the Midgar content but doesn't reach past it.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
It's just Midgar but here's the thing, now that I've beaten it,

VERY minor ending spoiler, not actually spoiling the story, but the nature of the game itself.

This game is NOT the same story. It's loaded with Kingdom Hearts bullshit Nomura loves, like hooded spooky things and such. It definitely doesn't end like you think it will. Nomura's doing whatever the hell he wants.

I started FF7 remake, but the combat controls keep frustrating me, so I'm going to finish my Persona 5 Royal playthrough before I go back to it.

I started FF7 remake, but the combat controls keep frustrating me, so I'm going to finish my Persona 5 Royal playthrough before I go back to it.
The combat can be really frustrating at points. They expect you to keep track of like 26 different things at once all while your dipshit AI companions wander into whatever danger they can.

I've enjoyed the combat, and so far the secret for me has been the crescent moon necklace equipped on everyone, which makes party members take drastically reduced damage when you aren't controlling them.

That and swapping between characters a lot to keep everyone's atb gauge charging

GasBandit

Staff member
Watching videos of the combat, I just can't get past how every minor battle against mooks involves a million attacks with clearly lethal force behind them landing for 2hp.

I'm not sure how far you guys are, but when given the option to climb a pile of stairs or take the elevator you do yourselves a favour and take the stairs. It's gold.

Finished Hollow Knight with an 80% completion and the "dream no more" ending. It reminded me to Battletoads, because it's not that hard when you learn "the trick" you need to beat a boss.

Last edited:
Been playing Bannerlord a lot lately. It's a lot of fun so far... though being in early access means it's still full of bugs and tons of stuff doesn't work. Still... good to be back in the Mount & Blade universe sacking castles and punishing looters.

Also... been a long time since I've been here. Not sure if many even remember me lol.

GasBandit

Staff member
Been playing Bannerlord a lot lately. It's a lot of fun so far... though being in early access means it's still full of bugs and tons of stuff doesn't work. Still... good to be back in the Mount & Blade universe sacking castles and punishing looters.

Also... been a long time since I've been here. Not sure if many even remember me lol.
Jeez it's been like seven years, dude. Welcome back.

GasBandit

Staff member
I can only imagine. I'll just have to slowly peruse the archives and ask inane questions on everyone's threads. Good to see you here still. How are things with you? Life treating you okay in these crazy times?
Well, if you were looking to pull up a chair and stay a spell, you certainly asked the right person.

--Patrick
I'll try to keep it as brief as possible...

Life is treating me a lot better now than it was 7 years ago. Maybe that's the best way to succinctly put it.

Dave

Staff member
He's been out walking the earth and having adventures and shit. Or was that someone else? :)

Good to see you, man.

No Man's Sky

Played this most of this afternoon because there's fuck all else to do these days or anywhere to go. Joined @Dave for about an hour or so of that.

On the one hand, I'm not sure if I'm liking it yet. On the other hand, I did play it all afternoon, so there's something about it that's holding my attention.

It's certainly engaging enough, as I'm enjoying the story and exploring the universe. Oddly enough, the part I enjoyed the most was finding new words to learn to speak with the alien races. Not sure why.

Anyway, I'll probably keep at it a bit. Probably play with Dave here and there when we have time to game together.