Whats for Dinner?

Forgive a Westerner - but what's the difference between garlic fingers and cheese pizza? Is it just a sauce thing?

Same bread

Garlic fingers = cheese, melted butter and garlic, with bacon bits, cut into strips

Cheese pizza = marinara sauce and cheese, cut into slices

The Dominos coupon I've been using for years to get me exactly what I want for 12 bucks is gone. Now that same pizza costs 22 dollars.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst day of my life.

The beans have begun... soaking that is. The rest of the prep will be after work, and then I'll have a hearty breakfast tomorrow night before going in again.

I did that last night, sauted all the veggies then blended them into the spaghetti sauce. Teenagers will get there veggies one way or another!

Love me some big fluffy pancakes.
Gordon Ramsay has a video where he makes "American style" pancakes, and he blends the shit out of them. I was all "I dunno who told you that was american style, but those are gonna be flat and tough"

Seriously Chef Ramsay, an American pancake does not fit into your hand.

Some one in my house put lime juice and sugar on those pancakes....

Seriously Chef Ramsay, an American pancake does not fit into your hand.

Some one in my house put lime juice and sugar on those pancakes....
That's the one I was referring to. Look how flat those pancakes are...they're an abomination.

I daresay you outdid Gordon Ramsay on this one...by a ton.

You use baking soda and buttermilk because it causes a chemical reaction that makes carbon dioxide bubbles. If you whip the shit out of them, you knock all those bubbles out of suspension. And since you are using flour, the more you whip, the more gluten you develop, and your pancakes get tough. 10 seconds of light mixing is enough. Small lumps will cook out.

Dave

Staff member
Not only that but he does the pancakes FIRST. That means that by the time the bananas - BANANAS!! - are done the pancakes are fucking cold.

And then ends it with an insult. Fuck you, Ramsey. Get that eurotrash shit out of here and make me some Bisquick, you elitist fuck.

Yeah, I usually make the Bisquick-style pancakes and they always come out light and fluffy. But I sometimes mix in banana (mashed), and add some flavoring (maybe cinnamon, a little bit of almond or vanilla extract, or even some semi-sweet chocolate chips), and my son and husband love 'em. No cold pancakes.