Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I just had my pain procedure. Bilateral RFA. They burned the nerves out on both sides.

This doctor doesn’t believe in sedation so I got to be completely aware of the whole procedure. He didn’t even freeze me up as well as the last guy.

I am beyond and don’t have the right words to describe it.

I cried my mascara off and they didn’t tell me so I was wheeled around the hospital with it all over my face. Fuckers.

I am super salty about the situation and would not otherwise be angry about the mascara. I wear makeup to these because when I am stressed my chronic hives are wild and my face is all purple/red. I hate having to explain it so I cover it up.

The sedation IV also has pain meds in it to help with the procedure as it’s pretty rough. Because I didn’t get sedated, I didn’t get the pain meds either.

I wish I could say I’m surprised, but pain patients aren’t treated well. I have had surgeries in the past and was denied meds during recovery.

I have a fairly high pain tolerance due to my condition, but I still would like to be treated compassionately during these procedures as they are very painful and I can’t move or I risk injury.

Mighty Ducks: Game Changers is leaving Disney+ next week. I don't just mean cancelled, I mean removed entirely. I understand that streaming services are cutting costs and that subscriber numbers have been declining. I get that, but it still sucks.

I know it was geared towards a younger age group, Still, I actually like the show and not just because of the nostalgia. It's something I would have loved watching when I was a kid. I'm a season behind so now I need to get caught up before it's gone indefinitely.

figmentPez

Staff member
I can't help but think that this is a threat to the WGA strike. "Stop complaining about your residuals, we can make it even worse. Don't think you're getting enough pay? We'll make it so that your work goes away forever, and you never get paid again."

Yeah, and the streaming services have pretty much rediscovered cable plans.

You now what else I like about Game Changers? It has a lot of positive messages beyond sportsmanship. One of the kids has two mothers and they have a healthy family life. There is also a big "take that!" message to the real-life parents who act like the University of Michigan is handing out scholarships to middle schoolers. I'm from Southern California and soooo many parents there push their kids so hard in baseball. They shell out thousand upon thousands of dollar on travel division fees and sports nutritionists while ignoring the fact that they've turned a game into an onerous chore for their kids.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I see zero reason to subscribe to anything at this point.
The only reason I haven't cancelled my netflix subscription is my dad watches it, and the garbage he says he watches there, I don't want to have to put on my plex server for him.

But yeah every day I try to figure out why I'm still paying for Crunchyroll.

Last eastern my grandmother fell down the staircase in her home while bringing their freshly washed laundry upstairs. After my grandfather helped her she refused calling an ambulance. A day later the pain was to much and he called an ambulance for her and she went to a hospital. After checking her head was ok it was discovered that she has three brocken ribs. I couldn't talk to her while she was in the hospital, even though she had her mobil phone with her. But she has always problems picking it up or using it in general. I don't know how often I explained to her how to use her phone. Anyway, I talked to her after she has left the hospital and was back home. She told me how she fell and that she can't move much in the moment. And that she refuse to go to a rehabilitation clinic to help with her injuries. I was not happy to hear that.

Last week my grandfather called me and informed me, that my grandmother is in the hospital again. She went unconscious and again, she refused to go to the hospital. After a second attack her doctor made the call and she went a second time. There they discovered a coccyx fracture from the fall last eastern. I tried calling her, speaking with her but again I couldn't reach her.

This morning my stepfather called me. My grandmother passed away. My grandfather found her. It looks like she commit suicide. She was 85 years old.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. It sounds like one stressful episode after another. You can easily upgrade that to a high-grade rant.

Last edited:
I bought some unflavored pea protein powder. I would strongly recommend against it, unless you enjoy the flavor of stale, toasted peas that overwhelms whatever you add to it. Only 4.5 more lbs to go...

I brought my kitty home today. The animal hospital put her ashes in an urn and also gave me a pawprint and some tufts of her fur. Suddenly a deep swell of grief just came from out of nowhere. I know it's normal for that to come in waves. I understand that people who have lost a pet tend to experience acute grief for a couple of months, with some symptoms persisting for up to a year. We're going to put her on top of the bookshelf where she can survey her realm and gaze down at us lesser mortals. She always did like being up high.

I realize this is all part of the grieving process and there's no way to rush it. I am pretty well attuned to my emotions and am not denying these feelings of sadness. There's a book I'm reading called "Good Grief: On Loving Pets, Here and Hereafter" which has been of immense help in processing the loss. The wife and I are going on vacation tomorrow and we've got a lot to look forward to. I'm moving forward but right now I just miss my sweet little girl.

I brought my kitty home today. The animal hospital put her ashes in an urn and also gave me a pawprint and some tufts of her fur. Suddenly a deep swell of grief just came from out of nowhere. I know it's normal for that to come in waves. I understand that people who have lost a pet tend to experience acute grief for a couple of months, with some symptoms persisting for up to a year. We're going to put her on top of the bookshelf where she can survey her realm and gaze down at us lesser mortals. She always did like being up high.

I realize this is all part of the grieving process and there's no way to rush it. I am pretty well attuned to my emotions and am not denying these feelings of sadness. There's a book I'm reading called "Good Grief: On Loving Pets, Here and Hereafter" which has been of immense help in processing the loss. The wife and I are going on vacation tomorrow and we've got a lot to look forward to. I'm moving forward but right now I just miss my sweet little girl.
We still have one of our dogs - they were brothers - and even though it's been over two years, we get sad, and we look at the living brother and ask him (he never answers) if he misses his bro. I like to think when he's running in his dreams, it's with his old reliable.

Anyway. It never goes away, it just changes.

I’m on a work trip and I did so much walking today that I don’t know if I will be able to walk tomorrow. I took a cab once in the one segment of our travels where I could find one, but we didn’t see any others. All in dress boots as I had no idea we’d be walking more than a block or so. It was also super hot and humid and I was a sweating, hurting, wobbly mess. I was very careful to watch my step, but I’m just not built for all that so soon after my procedure.

$@€¥!?#

Just opened the new window A/C I got a week ago.
It's damaged (inside. The box exterior is fine).
Welp, back it goes and (at least) another week to wait for a replacement.

--Patrick