Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

She could go into Emergency and have it looked at immediately if she wanted to wait a few hours.

A family doctor being busy in the height of flu(lol) season isn't particularly shocking. Also, still costs nothing out of pocket either way.

She could go into Emergency and have it looked at immediately if she wanted to wait a few hours.

A family doctor being busy in the height of flu(lol) season isn't particularly shocking. Also, still costs nothing out of pocket either way.
Her name was Allison Holthoff.

Our ER locally is pretty swamped. I was sent home after my x Ray once and had to start all over again the next day to get my cast. They close at 11 or 12 and send people home.

If I thought I’d be seen, I would go.

We tried multiple clinics tonight and couldn’t get help.

Our ER locally is pretty swamped. I was sent home after my x Ray once and had to start all over again the next day to get my cast. They close at 11 or 12 and send people home.

If I thought I’d be seen, I would go.

We tried multiple clinics tonight and couldn’t get help.
Yikes, sorry to hear.

One of my favorite NSFW sites, which I've happily visited since I was a wee lad at university, has been down since about June this year. Attempts to connect to it would always time out. This kind of thing has happened to this site before, but never for this long a duration. Previously it would come back after a month or two at most. I think I have to finally accept that this site is gone for good.
The aforesaid NSFW site appears to be back!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice I appear to have jumped right into a rather serious discussion about medical care. My bad.

I can make any trip up to 10 days fit in a carry-on. Fun fact: most hotels have washers and dryers, so I can make any trip over 10 days fit in a carry-on too :D

Women usually pack for comfort, I've noticed. OR, more often than not, all the things our male companions forget to pack, and then ask, "Hey, do you have...?".
Ehh. Even setting those aside, my wife just packs way too much clothes. If you insist on taking outfits for ten days of rain and cold and hot and sunny and moderate and extreme and some extra fancy for when we're going out in the evening and some beach dresses and bathing suits for when you feel pretty and for when you feel bloated and ugly for a week long trip, you surprisingly return with more clean then worn clothes. I exaggerate, but not actually by much.

The start of Marvelous Mrs Maisel s2 comes to mind, Tony Shalhoub's character to his wife: "Your packing plan is just to pack everything you got!"

Ehh. Even setting those aside, my wife just packs way too much clothes. If you insist on taking outfits for ten days of rain and cold and hot and sunny and moderate and extreme and some extra fancy for when we're going out in the evening and some beach dresses and bathing suits for when you feel pretty and for when you feel bloated and ugly for a week long trip, you surprisingly return with more clean then worn clothes. I exaggerate, but not actually by much.
So she packs for comfort, like I said. Or, to rephrase it, she packs to be comfortable in different situations.

GasBandit

Staff member
I generally pack pretty light... but I do pack as if for contingencies like "What if I shit myself 3 times a day every day?" despite that nothing even remotely similar to that has happened to me.

So she packs for comfort, like I said. Or, to rephrase it, she packs to be comfortable in different situations.
Sure, I don't pack lightly, either. But I just carry one extra sweater that'll go over five different shirts in case it gets chilly, I don't pack entire double outfits.

I try to pair down my packing as well, because I don't like having a lot of bags, but there's also the fact that women's clothing tend to get... very specific and oddly varied. A 10 degree (F) temperature change can mean, "Am I sleeveless? Short sleeves? Do I need a top with support and a full bra for something active? Can I wear just a halter? Am I going to get my period and need to bring period underwear? Which underwear cuts to I need with certain bottoms? Shorts? 3/4 pants? Jeans? Leggings? Are these appropriate? Do I need a skirt? Do I need a dress? Can I do activities in this swimsuit, or do I need one with more support?".... and it goes on and on. I'm not saying, as a woman, you HAVE to adhere to all these options, but women's fashion has always been, and continues to be this way, by design.

I generally pack pretty light... but I do pack as if for contingencies like "What if I shit myself 3 times a day every day?" despite that nothing even remotely similar to that has happened to me.
1 extra pair of socks and underwear. I make sure I always have pants to change into. That's about the limit of my contingency planning.
If I am shitting myself that much, I'm not gonna be leaving the room, so i'll probably end up naked and on the toilet the whole trip and won't need a fraction of my packed wardrobe. But you never know when you're gonna step in a puddle or spill some marinara, and need a quick change in the middle of the day.

A three-day trip requires one suitcase for me. I might pack an extra pair of boxers and an extra pair of socks, just in case.

That works for my wife, who loves to fill both of my bags with her stuff. She will also cram in more shirts for me “because you never know.”

When traveling, I usually use a duffel bag and a computer / camera bag, My biggest problem was usually trying to fit 3 or 4 books in my computer bag.

It may or may not help you to know that January is one of the worst months for mental health. The lack of sunlight makes SAD far worse, and even people without mental health struggles find January one of the hardest months to get through. Needless to say, it's not just something wrong with you, and you shouldn't put added pressure on yourself because of it. Do the best you can, and it will pass soon.

Silly as this sounds, the main thing that gets me through January as an adult is when I notice towards the end we get a little more sunlight in the evening. It's still cold and sometimes snowy, but the first time I see that few extra minutes of sunlight, it's like hope returning.

GasBandit

Staff member
There's a youtuber I watch that lately has been making my eye twitch because she overuses the term "gaslighting." Every single lie, no matter how white or innocent or well-intentioned or malicious is "OMG GASLIGHTING"

Gaslighting is not just lying. Gaslighting is psychologically manipulating and abusing someone through the use of lies to make someone doubt their own sanity or intelligence.

If you ask me "Hey did you mow the lawn" and I say "yeah" when I didn't... that's not gaslighting.

But if you then confront me and I say "what are you talking about? Look out there. The lawn clearly has been mowed today." And you object because the damn thing is 8 inches tall. So I call over the neighbor and ask "Hey, does this lawn look mowed to you?" and he says "of course, this is one of the most immaculate, well-trimmed lawns in the whole subdivision" because I paid him $20 to say that when asked, so you begin to think either you're crazy or the whole world is.... THAT is gaslighting.

There's a youtuber I watch that lately has been making my eye twitch because she overuses the term "gaslighting." Every single lie, no matter how white or innocent or well-intentioned or malicious is "OMG GASLIGHTING"

Gaslighting is not just lying. Gaslighting is psychologically manipulating and abusing someone through the use of lies to make someone doubt their own sanity or intelligence.

If you ask me "Hey did you mow the lawn" and I say "yeah" when I didn't... that's not gaslighting.

But if you then confront me and I say "what are you talking about? Look out there. The lawn clearly has been mowed today." And you object because the damn thing is 8 inches tall. So I call over the neighbor and ask "Hey, does this lawn look mowed to you?" and he says "of course, this is one of the most immaculate, well-trimmed lawns in the whole subdivision" because I paid him $20 to say that when asked, so you begin to think either you're crazy or the whole world is.... THAT is gaslighting.
Clearly, you are attempting to gaslight her by telling her she's not being gaslit. ;)