Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

TFW you find every billboard top 100 hit from 1960 on... and all the title and artist metadata from '60-'75 is messed up >_<

It'll take SO long to fix, if I don't want plexamp telling me I'm listening to "Blue Suede" by "Hooked on a Feeling" :fu:
Ugh. Is there any way to automate this?

GasBandit

Staff member
I posted it in a different thread, but I too have received fake knock off Chinese merchandise from something I bought on Amazon. When I did some research into it, apparently it's getting very common these days.

Anpother example of an internet giant losing sight of why or how they became top dog, and letting quality drop down the toilet because of cost control. They'll be surprised when another new up-and-coming storefront or social media system or whatever replaces them in the end and won't understand WHY they had so much trouble.
Forced customer lock-in is a terrible idea, How about just keeping quality of service up so customers stay because they want to and newcomers can't compete because your service is just so good?

GasBandit

Staff member
Anpother example of an internet giant losing sight of why or how they became top dog, and letting quality drop down the toilet because of cost control. They'll be surprised when another new up-and-coming storefront or social media system or whatever replaces them in the end and won't understand WHY they had so much trouble.
Forced customer lock-in is a terrible idea, How about just keeping quality of service up so customers stay because they want to and newcomers can't compete because your service is just so good?
Or, rather, Amazon will just buy the up-and-coming storefront to eliminate competition.

Now, granted, this is slightly different, but back when I used to sell things on Ebay, I'd always use my own photos of the items. I wanted the buyer to see exactly what they were getting, even if there was a bent edge or some kind of imperfection. I am always extremely wary of sellers who use stock photos.

I bought my wife some NCAA earbuds from Amazon. The instructions were written in badly worded Engrish and the earbuds didn't work. I requested a replacement and they sent it in a freakin' sandwich bag.

But who needs all those pesky consumer protection alws and European meddling and interference, right? let's leave it to the Invisible Hand ;-)

My 80yr-old father-in-law just climbed up the flight and a half of stairs from the ground floor of the house we all share in order to tell us about the voicemail that just came in from his doctor mere minutes earlier saying that they got his blood work back and they saw something critical that they want him to go to the ER as soon as he gets this message.
Dude, just CALL US ON THE PHONE next time. We will come down to you.
UGHHH…that pride is gonna get you killed before your time. Maybe only a year or two, but still.

—Patrick

I did not want to spend my weekend reclaiming a compromised steam account >_<

If any of you get any chat messages from me on steam asking you to vote for "a friend's team" on a CSGO voting site, DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS I SEND YOU
i got the start of this message. i messaged gas because my steam was being wonky and found out that way!

GasBandit

Staff member
Have not received any messages (yet?).
Are you willing to share with us the attack vector, if you know it?

--Patrick
Yeah, a guy I used to play Warhammer Online with back in the day messaged me out of the blue... and sent me a link I clicked on.

1681001928126.png

Voting for the team required I "link my steam account." I fell for it. Shortly thereafter, Rhavik messaged me to let me know he did NOT send me that message. Apparently this is a scam that has been going on for a few years now.

I've deauthorized all devices in my steam account, and changed my password, and logged back in. It looks like my account is my own again... but a few other people on my friends list had gotten the same scam message from "me" before I did, and also fell for it.

Last edited:
because of this very scam I always check with the person in question on another service, seen this on discord as well.

GasBandit

Staff member
That's some Japanese key money bullshit.

The down payment IS the good faith deposit....
Not quite. The Earnest Money deposit usually counts toward the down payment, as both those things go to the seller.

The Good Faith deposit usually goes to lender.

It's pretty fucky yeah, but it is separate from the down payment. It's his bank getting its beak wet.

Dave

Staff member
Wouldn’t be bad but I don’t have it! And that’s what might stop us from getting the house. I’m working extra hours to get more money, but I won’t get paid for a few weeks and the chances the house will still be there is slim to none. I mean, we’re not in a particular hurry right now so another house will probably come along, but it’s frustrating.