amagurumi and other crochet stuff

If I didn't know better, I would swear this belongs in the NSFW forum.

Which would be a repeat for you, of all people.
That'd be a whole new kind of dentata fetish, for sure.

Incidentally, everyone is making phallic references...
1645736701775.png

Last edited:
1647174793080.png

When us boys were very young, my family didn't have a lot of money. To help make ends meet, my mom would make all kinds of crafts and sell them at the flea market. Ceramics, candles, etc. Sock monkeys became a bit of a hit at her stall, and I remember her making a ton of them at the kitchen table.

So when I ran across this pattern I had to make it for her, as a way of letting her know that I remember those days and that I appreciate all she did for us.

Bubble the Huggable!
More like Bubble the Squeezable...it's about the same height as your banana-man, so it's...stress ball sized?

That said, I have another owl pattern I've already started on. I picked up some Bernat Blanket O'Go yarn on sale, and couldn't think of anything to make with it. Luckily, there's a website: Yarnspirations, where you can search by all kinds of things for free patterns--including yarn. I found a pattern that reminded me a lot of the scholastic owl clipart every elementary school teacher seems to use some variation of. Since I had the yarn, and the pattern was free, I figured what the heck.

clipart.png
1647966517257.png
1647966634209.png
1647966659466.png

This is blanket yarn. It's in the "super bulky" category. Meaning that for the same number of stitches, I'm getting a stuffy that's easily 2-3 times the volume of the little stress ball owl. This one will be huggable :D

Expect an update in a few days.

1648097635006.png

His eyes are a little goofy, but I guess he's owl right. I've taken to pinning these things before I sew them, but they still shift :( I may end up having to secure then with a couple drops of hot glue first, just to make sure that doesn't happen.

And a size comparison, with my hand, to show the relative differences.

1648097678594.png

Been working on a pair of booty shorts for a female friend off and on since February. At one point, I realized they were too big, so I ripped all the stitches out and started over.

So, I brought her over, stripped her down so that the measurements would be precise, and wrapped my foundation chain around her hips, adding a few at a time until it was a perfect width. I have one leg to go. Should finish them today.
1648314561750.png

As it so happens, because girls are curvy in the hips, and I'm just fat, we share a very similar hip size. So, I decided to give them a try before I bring her over to try them on. I felt naughty and just a little gay trying them on for fit.
20220326_113715.jpg

Would you consider selling it and if so, how much?
Oh man...I dunno. I don't even know what a fair price would be. I've already stuck him in the place of honor among my other Cthulhu collectibles.
20220404_164234.jpg

He's this sized ^^ and took me about 8 hours to make. I should note that this is more of a "sculpture" than a "toy". The eyes aren't safety eyes, so I had to glue them on, for instance, so it wouldn't withstand rigorous 'use'. I have plenty of materials to make another one, so maybe?