amagurumi and other crochet stuff

6 months ago, I tried to learn this stitch and failed. I've tried again every couple of months (give or take) ever since.
I think I may have finally gotten the hang of it.
Presenting, the jasmine stitch:

1654830885347.png

This stitch eats up a ton of yarn and takes longer than a normal stitch, obviously. Finishing this thing will take me 5 more skeins of double-length cakes (so 10 normal skeins) and about a week to 10 days.

I have a friend who likes dolphins, so I thought I'd challenge myself with a higher level pattern. It doesn't *look* more complicated than a lot of the other stuff I've done. But trust me, it was. :D

This also happens to be my 50th project for the year, which is the goal I set for myself in January on the Ravelry Challenge. I'd only been crocheting a couple of months, so I didn't know if I could meet the goal at the time.

1656910471905.png
1656910482870.png

One of my friends wrote to me and said she wanted that octopus to pin to her ren-faire hat. I guess she thought it was a tiny amigurumi, like I usually make. So I had to send her this pic to show her what it'd look like on your head:rofl:

1661489644016.png

OMG, this project may have been a wee bit ambitious. All these bobble stitches make my hands cramp, and I'm using a hook half the size that I'm used to. I can only do a couple of rows before I have to take a break. siiigh

1665535675587.png

1665535659113.png

It just hit me tonight that I'm going to Ireland soon, and I never did finish my cable crochet scarf. And now, I don't have time to finish it.

I was so close to buying a scarf on Amazon, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it when I have yarn in the stash. So, I decided I needed to make something simple and quickly. I bought Tunisian crochet hooks back in December of 2021, but never have used them. But, from what I've read, they seem to be able to work up rows quickly, so I figured I'd stretch, learn a new skill, and hopefully get this scarf knocked out in a few days.

Not bad for my first attempt so far, I think! 6 rows in 30 minutes, but the first couple of rows was spent going slowly and watching a youtube vid on the Tunisian simple stitch. Hopefully I'll average closer to 2-3 minutes per row going forward.

I hate having more than a couple items in the WIP pile, but this is an emergency, so I'm gonna cut myself some slack.

1665635911602.png

Turns out there was a Trad Fest in Ennis my last day (and today and tomorrow and monday, dang it) so Tank the Shark ended up out on the town with me.
1668310015977.png

I almost sent this to my secret santa recipient this year, because they had NSFW stuff marked 'yes' and I've been looking for an excuse to make this for months. But, I didn't want to seem creepy and I got invited to a white elephant party where I feel like it would go over well, so that's where I'll take it. :D

1669582850315.png

Double Tunisian stitch scarf. This stitch is lacier than the Tunisian simple stitch, so it has a bit more drapiness, and doesn't use as much yarn to get to the same length.

20230202_235034.jpg