Export thread

Dave's House of Pain

Tress

Tress

So, what's the plan for our fantasy football league? Are we doing it again this year? Is anyone interested in keeping it going?

Dave

Dave

You know, I was waiting for the NFL to get their shit together. Let me hit the site.
Added at: 20:25
League ID# and Password. In your case, the ID# is 249566 and the Password is halforum.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/249566 I think can get you there if interested.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I got an email reminder thing that I just clicked to join.

Dave

Dave

Yeah, if you were in the league last year you'll get an email. If not, you'll need the information to get in. So if anyone new wants to go down to the mighty Fumbling Morons, they can sign up and take their beatings.

BErt

I look forward to pretending not to care when my team underperforms for the 3rd straight year.

Covar

Covar

I look forward to dominating the first 4 weeks before having a trade undo all my roster changes made at the start of the season, leaving me fielding half a team in week 5, and being unable to recover mentally.

Tress

Tress

Speaking of, I have another Yahoo! league on the side with friends and family. I've got a few spots open if anyone is interested. The only requirement is that you not be a dick. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Covar

Covar

So my invite I got wasn't working Dave. possibly because I decided to try logging in with my google account.

Dave

Dave

Have you tried just going in normally instead of using the link?

Covar

Covar

Fine, I'll do things the right way.

I'm in, now to pre draft and then forget all about it until Aug 21. Where I will log in and curse the auto-picks.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'm in. Again. Think this might be my only league this year.

jwhouk

jwhouk

All right, I'm in. Only problem is that I may need to autodraft for my picks, since I may not be able to make it for the online draft. :/

klew

klew

I'll be on a boat during the draft, therefore auto-draft for me.

(whoo-hoo post 1111)

Holy Knickers

Holy Knickers

I received my invite, thank you.

Dave

Dave

Sweet! Glad to have you back!
Added at: 10:44
Draft is in about an hour. Are you ready for some Fantasy Football?

Tress

Tress

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

10th pick? this is bullshit

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I don't think the chat thing is working for me, the rest of the draft looks good though.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm afraid to look at who I got...

EDIT: And then he said to himself, "You're gonna be all right." :)

BErt

Stupid life pretending to be more important than imaginary football management...

Other than autodraft giving me two kickers I don't completely hate my team. I REALLY need Manning to stay healthy.

klew

klew

Autodraft gave me Ryan Williams in the 9th round.

Tress

Tress

Autodraft gave me Ryan Williams in the 9th round.
I suggest one of the following: Roy Helu, Ronnie Brown, Jason Snelling, or Willis McGahee. All of them are backups to running backs with injury problems in the past. You'll probably get a few games out of each one, and when they're in they will score some serious points for you (especially Snelling, who is probably the best backup RB in the league).

Shannow

Shannow

Sweet, I completely missed the draft, thinking it was this upcoming weekend! lets see what we got here.

Covar

Covar

I can't believed I tied this week.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I can't believed I tied this week.

HAHAHA... oh wait. At least I wasn't the biggest blowout this week. :confused:

Dave

Dave

So who was the big dog this week, boys? Only the second highest scoring team in the league. Damn you, Cranky Llamas!

Tress

Tress

BErt

I have no business being 5-1...Go Tim Tebow, Go!

Dave

Dave

Kerri is mad because her best players on on bye week. I told her to be happy.

Tress

Tress

I have no business being 5-1...Go Tim Tebow, Go!
That's okay, I'm about to make sure you're 5-2. :p

BErt

That's okay, I'm about to make sure you're 5-2. :p
Truth. Does Arian Foster hate the entirety of Tennessee, or just the Titans?

Covar

Covar

Fucking stat adjustments. Cost me my tie.

Covar

Covar

Fuck the Colts.
Added at: 23:49
just...seriously? what the hell was that? That's a H.S. score.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Fuck the Colts.
Added at: 23:49
just...seriously? what the hell was that? That's a H.S. score.
No, no, we didn't let anyone score on us this week, our final was 62-0.

Dave

Dave

It's like Peyton Manning played on the defense, too.

Tress

Tress

It's like Peyton Manning played on the defense, too.
Chris Collinsworth was trying to say that Peyton's absence was the cause of the defensive problems as well. His argument was something along the lines of how the offensive problems disrupt the defense's rhythm, and that the whole defense is designed to stop teams playing desperately and from behind (due to all the Colt scoring that Manning would produce).

I don't buy any of that. They look old, tired, and clueless. I think for years Manning's ridiculous talent has been covering up gigantic holes in that team, and this year those flaws couldn't be ignored any longer. If Manning were playing this team is 4-3 at best. They would be losing games 45-38 instead of 45-7, that's all.

Dave

Dave

Actually I think it has more to do with the fact that the offense would be on the field for long periods of time and the defense wouldn't get so damned tired. Also, being pounded into the dirt has a demoralizing effect that causes you to play worse while being in a close, exciting game pumps the adrenaline and keeps your energy up.

So he does have an effect on the defense...

Tress

Tress

I still say that they would be losing because the defense is terrible. The margin would just be closer.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I only want to be able to survive this upcoming week.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

How the hell did I win this week? Weird, weird week.

Shannow

Shannow

Just logged in...huh...4-3. Wow, figured I would be worse. When I missed the draft completely, I figured you would have booted my team. Fuck it, guwess I will see what I can salvage for the rest of the year.

jwhouk

jwhouk

This was gonna be the week that I was gonna have problems, because it was AR12's bye week.

And yet, in two of the three Yahoo leagues I'm in, I'm leading going into Monday Night.

And - if the cards fall right - I may very well be atop the standings in the HOP.

Tress

Tress

And - if the cards fall right - I may very well be atop the standings in the HOP.
Even if I lose this week I'll still be 6-1-1. The next best possible record would be 6-2... so no.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I might just win my second game of the year this week

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I defeated Dave. My suckass team beat Dave's second place team. :D

Dave

Dave

Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. All I have to do is make the playoffs. And I would like my wife to, but she's not doing too well.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'm just as surprised as you are. I don't know WTF happened, I had just hoped not to have the biggest blowout for the week.

Dave

Dave

What happened was bye weeks and injuries. I had a backup as one of my main RBs. Add in that the players I had going were shut down (Dallas, New Orleans, Indy) and you have a recipe for a bad, bad week. And I thought my wife was doing poorly and she's in 4th place right behind me!! Yipes!

Shannow

Shannow

Huh, thought I had it this week after Sunday. Ah well.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm a bit disappointed this week. Only 52 points between A-Rod, Megatron and Kevin Smith. At least Johnson got that last-second "gimme" touchdown to get his point totals into the double-digits.

The Llamas will go dow-uhn, and go dow-uhn hod this week.

Tress

Tress

Looks like all three came in under their predictions, and those predictions basically had us tied. Meanwhile, Carson Palmer's prediction is ridiculously low. And that Arian Foster/Darren Sproles combo hasn't let me down yet.

I will crush you, is what I'm saying. :awesome:

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yeah, yeah. Heard it before.

I see we have separate sides of the Harbaugh Bowl. Go Ravens! (?)

Tress

Tress

You know, I was wrong. I thought Carson Palmer would have a huge game, and although he did well, he wasn't completely underestimated the way I thought he was. An even bigger problem was all the injuries to Raiders receivers. Clearly he wasn't going to get me a win this week...

...which is why I switched to Vince Young.
:awesome:

Dave

Dave

Yeah, I switched out Johnny Knox for Garcon. THAT worked out well. Now I'll be fighting for a playoff spot. Thanks, Charlie, ya bastard!

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Yeah, I switched out Johnny Knox for Garcon. THAT worked out well. Now I'll be fighting for a playoff spot. Thanks, Charlie, ya bastard!
Don't thank me, thank Roddy White.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Great. The week I go up against the undefeated team at the top of the standings - and possibly even with the top spot in the league at stake - Aaron Rodgers has a (relatively) crappy game, and I'm down by two touches.

Tress

Tress

Dave

Dave

I am in 5 leagues. In 4 of them this week I played AGAINST Drew Brees. In 3 of them his insane scoring is the only reason I lost. In this league I HAVE Drew Brees but because they allowed Manning so many garbage points I lost.

It was not a good week for Dave in Fantasy Football.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

This week I should clinch the #1 seed in my work/money league (and a $50 bonus!). I'm playing the worst team in the league, which is just inexplicably bad. It's not someone that's a homer or someone that doesn't know about football. It's a two-time champ that is pretty hardcore into football! But his draft was just dogshit, and every free agent move has gone ridiculously bad for him. It's kind of sad! But I should win easy. Even if I lose, the second place person has to make up ~125 points on me to take first, so it's all over but the cryin'. Now I'm eyeing the ~$1k first place :D

Dave

Dave

In one of my other leagues Eli Manning outscored Drew Brees last night. Which is bullshit. 1 point per 25 passing yards, 4 points for passing TDs, 6 points for rushing TDs. There's a 10 POINT BONUS for a 300 yard passing game and ANOTHER 15 POINTS for 400. Eli going to 406 while Brees only threw for 369 meant that Eli got the additional 15 points and scored more even though Brees had 4 passing and 1 rushing TD. I had neither player but I complained to the Commish that the scoring was seriously flawed.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

That is terrible. Point bonuses for those big round numbers are the dumbest thing.

Tress

Tress

That is terrible. Point bonuses for those big round numbers are the dumbest thing.
I think it's a good idea to give bonuses for milestones, but not like the system Dave is describing. A 5 point bonus for 300, 400, and 500 works well enough.

Dave

Dave

When throwing an additional 31 yards for Brees = 3.75 additional touchdowns, shit's broken.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

All scores should be fractional, the 300th yard shouldn't be worth more than the 294th yard.

BErt

All scores should be fractional, the 300th yard shouldn't be worth more than the 294th yard.
I like either method of scoring, but as was said the bonuses need to be boosts to a good score, not game changing themselves. I saw one league a few years back that gave 25 points for a safety. Some people just like to see huge numbers; it can get ridiculous.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I've always like the basic Yahoo model: 20 yards rushing/receiving = 1 point, 50 yards passing = 1 point, 6 for any TD, -2 for fumbles lost. No bonuses. The points per yard give enough of a bonus for players who racked up a lot of yards, but never saw the end zone (which would make fullbacks more valuable than RB's and WR's).

Tress

Tress

Personally I try to stay in PPR league only. Otherwise WR's have this horrible feast-or-famine thing going on. I hate the idea that a player who makes 5+ catches for 50+ yards will be outshined by someone who catches one pass in the endzone.

Dave

Dave

So this week the top 5 teams all won. Llamas are in no matter what now. Still in contention are Merrill Bluejays and A Girl Beat Ya (my fricking wife!) both at 9-4. Trying to get the last spot at 8-5 are Fumbling Morons (me) and the Earth Wanderers. One week left. In the last week, Merrill plays Earth Wanderers, A Girl Beat Ya plays the worst team in the league - Giants Waste of Time - and I get to play the #1 team - Cranky Llamas.

Let's go through some scenarios.

For me to get in: I have to win. If Llamas win, this almost takes me out of the picture. I'd only get in with a Merrill win over Wanderers. If the Wanderers won they would get the #4 seed and play the Llamas in the first week of the playoffs. Of course, if I lose and Merrill wins, I'm the 4th seed...and get to play the Llamas a second week in a row and the third time this season.

For Earth Wanderers to get in: He has to win and I have to lose. Only way as I have more points than he does. Totally possible, by the way.

As to the rest, Merrill is in no matter what - it's just a matter of where. But if Earth Wanderers win, I win and A Girl Beat Ya loses...there would be a 4-way tie for second place with 4 teams at 9-5. If that happens, the lowest scoring team would be out and Earth Wanderers and A Girl Beat Ya are only 18 points different with Earth Wanderers having the advantage.

It's going down to the wire, folks!

Tress

Tress

:D

jwhouk

jwhouk

Dave, it'd be nice if you beat Earth Wanderers. Just sayin'.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I do believe I just knocked Shannow from the playoffs. :)

Tress

Tress

A'ight, which one of you gets me first?

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm assuming you get to face Dave, and I get... is that his wife's team?
Added at: 19:13
Actually I think it has more to do with the fact that the offense would be on the field for long periods of time and the defense wouldn't get so damned tired. Also, being pounded into the dirt has a demoralizing effect that causes you to play worse while being in a close, exciting game pumps the adrenaline and keeps your energy up.
So he does have an effect on the defense...
Looking back, I just realized something, Dave.
I think you just explained Tim Tebow.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Unless there's a complete catastrophe Monday night, there will NOT be an all-Nihsen final in the DHOPFL.

Llama Boy is up by 26 with two guys left to play, with Dave out of actives.

Meanwhile, I'm beating his Missus (not literally, of course) by 38 - and she only has Michael Crabtree left.

Dave

Dave

Yeah, stuff happens. I got the #4 seed which meant going up against the undefeated team for the second week in a row. Bad luck that.

Looks like I get to play the wife next week for bragging rights...

Tress

Tress

It was a weird day. I was bedridden all day so I could only imagine how I was doing. It looks like I got lucky with some guys. GG, Dave.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Uh, what happened to all the points I got?

EDIT: Yahoo must be having issues trying to make sure the various point totals in private leagues are correct.

Dave

Dave

It was a weird day. I was bedridden all day so I could only imagine how I was doing. It looks like I got lucky with some guys. GG, Dave.
Yeah, Brady threw to Hernandez all day and ignored Gronk. We all saw THAT coming! While on my team Hillis was supposed to be splitting time with two other guys and has a bad attitude so I benched him. Meanwhile, I put in Marion Barber who was the sole and starting RB. Not exactly my finest hour.
Good game. If you don't win next week it'll be a damned travesty.
Added at: 08:18
And my wife is bitching because I told her to keep in Gates. She wanted Celek and I talked her out of it.
The couch is SO comfy...

jwhouk

jwhouk

Hey, WAIT a minute... "don't win next week" my FANNY!

Tress, you WILL go DOW-UHN, and you WILL go DOW-UHN HOD!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well. I suddenly have a huge hole to dig myself out of.

An aside: Dave, even though it's pretty much the reason why I'm in the title game to begin with, can we consider doing away with the bonus point stuff next year and just go with scores and points-per-yardage? Arian Foster had a good game, but it shouldn't mean I need Aaron Rodgers to throw for 400 yards or something.

Tress

Tress

Well. I suddenly have a huge hole to dig myself out of.

An aside: Dave, even though it's pretty much the reason why I'm in the title game to begin with, can we consider doing away with the bonus point stuff next year and just go with scores and points-per-yardage? Arian Foster had a good game, but it shouldn't mean I need Aaron Rodgers to throw for 400 yards or something.
I disagree, and not just because it's to my benefit at the moment. The bonuses are what make the scoring actually interesting to me. Restricting points to yardage and touchdowns only makes this similar to staring at a spreadsheet. The bonuses work for everyone, so they're completely fair and balanced.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, what I have an issue with is progressive bonuses. I can understand, 1 extra point for every 50 yards, but 1 for 50, 2 for 100, 3 for 150 and so on?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Of course, as soon as I say that, I'm suddenly hoping Aaron Rodgers has another 60-point night tomorrow over da Bears.

EDIT: Looked at it from pretty much every angle: my only true hope is for Aaron to have a monster game against Chicago.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Should I end up winning the league championship, I will DEFINITELY go out and get myself an Aaron Rodgers jersey.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Definition of Pyrrhic Victory: I'm up by two points at the moment, with 16 minutes left tonight - and all of Monday night to go. :(

Tress

Tress

:hide:
Added at: 19:49
Jeebus. Five touchdowns? That's enough, Aaron. Save some for next week.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I don't think it will make much difference, unless your two guys just stink up the place.

jwhouk

jwhouk

C'mon, Falcons.
Added at: 20:22
...and there it goes. Touchdown, Colston.

(shakes Tress's hand)

Good job, getcha next year.

Tress

Tress

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Congrats Tress.

I've had the same result with my other league, the Brees/Colston combo just put the championship away for me, $120!!!

Tress

Tress

Thank you thank you. I was fortunate enough to get some of the best running backs who stayed healthy most of the year, and they carried me to victory.

jwhouk

jwhouk

In the end, Aaron Rodgers couldn't win the title for me. I hope that doesn't happen IRL with the Pack.

Congrats again.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Geez, it wasn't even close there at the end. 27 points.

Dave

Dave

Well that's it! The Cranky Llamas win it all in spectacular fashion! They didn't lose a game all year! Closest they came was when they were tied by Holy Knickers in week #2, but that's no surprise as the Knickers tied with everyone, I think.

#2 was obviously jwhouk - aka the Merrill Bluejays.

One thing you guys might want to do for fun is to look at the Records on the Yahoo page. (League -> Record Book). It's got some interesting tidbits like:

Which team had the most passing yards?

Passing Yards.png

Me, huh? How's about the best draft?

Drafted Players.png

Me again! Well, why the fuck didn't I win?!?

SoS.png

Figures...

jwhouk

jwhouk

Week four was when AR blew up against Denver.

Tress

Tress

Soooooo... are we doing this for 2012? Even though we're months away from the season, it might be a good idea to start now if we have to round up HF'ers to fill the league. Any interest in starting up the league again?

Dave

Dave

But of course we're doing it! We just can't set the league up yet. Yahoo won't allow it.

Tress

Tress

I set mine up last week, so I think you may be able to do it now.

Dave

Dave

By gosh you can! Set up it is!

Covar

Covar

And the Giants Waste of Time is (are?) back for another painful season.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I've never played fantasy football before. Is there room for a newbie who has no idea what he needs to do?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'm back. Well for the football, never left otherwise.

BErt

Registered and looking forward to terribly, terribly losing once again.

Dave

Dave

I've never played fantasy football before. Is there room for a newbie who has no idea what he needs to do?
Of course, my Bumbly friend! Invite sent!

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Of course, my Bumbly friend! Invite sent!
...Where to

Dave

Dave

Your Yahoo email address.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Your Yahoo email address.
Oh dear. Can it be gmail? If not, send it to fumblebumbletime@yahoo.com please

I don't have access to that old yahoo email anymore

jwhouk

jwhouk

Dave - I'll check my MSN e-mail; I think that's where my FFL stuff goes.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Jays are back. It'll be hit-or-miss for me whether or not I'll be available for the live draft, so I'll probably have to have my picks auto-drafted.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Why are there two "Merrill" teams? Bluejays, and Blue Jays?

Dave

Dave

I do not know. Probably one was invited back and the other was the same person making a team.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Uh, I don't recall joining twice.

One of those two is me. Yahoo may have glitched on it when I set up the team. :/

EDIT: Fixed it. "Blue Jays" is me.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Unfortunately, we're now at 11 teams. :/

drifter

drifter

I'd be interested if you need to even out the teams.

Tress

Tress

I'd be interested if you need to even out the teams.
Doooo eeeeeeeet!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Is the link on the first page of the thread supposed to work? Tried it and got a database error. Tried the id and password and got a not active for this season. :(

Tress

Tress

Is the link on the first page of the thread supposed to work? Tried it and got a database error. Tried the id and password and got a not active for this season. :(
No. That's just a link to last year's registration. Dave needs to send you an email to get you into this year's league.

Dave

Dave

League ID# 88355

Password: halforums

Link to the league: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/88355

drifter

drifter

Slightly OT, but can anyone recommend an Android draft app? Looking for one to use for a keeper league, so far I'm considering between Fantasy Football Draft Magnate and Fantasy Football Draft GM.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I'll be missing the draft, as I've been drafted to work that day. I'll probably have my brother just randomly pick and choose people for me. WOOOOOO, FOOTBAWLLL

klew

klew

I might have a friend who is looking for a league, if we still need an even number of teams

Tress

Tress

I might have a friend who is looking for a league, if we still need an even number of teams
We're still at 11, so we could definitely use one more.

Dave

Dave

We still need one and the DRAFT IS THIS SATURDAY!!!

Dave

Dave

About 1 hour before the draft! Get ready! And I'll be on Vent

Dave

Dave

Never mind the Vent thing. Seems the server is fucking up. Again.

Covar

Covar

lets go autodraft. I figure it can't do worse than when I pick em.

Dave

Dave

Our Vent is down so I'm on PublicVent.com

IP: 184.154.222.204
port: 6718
Room: 8 Person Channel PublicVent 56

Covar, if you don't show it will automatically pick for you. Kickers, baby!

Covar

Covar

Our Vent is down so I'm on PublicVent.com

IP: 184.154.222.204
port: 6718
Room: 8 Person Channel PublicVent 56

Covar, if you don't show it will automatically pick for you. Kickers, baby!
THEY GET MORE POINTS THAN YOU THINK!

Dave

Dave

I logged out of Vent. Nobody was there and my ears were getting really warm from the headphones.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Pretty happy with my auto-picks.

Pretty jealous of your Frank Gore.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Once again the Bluejays are happy they signed Aaron Rodgers.

Until Week 17, that is. :mad:

Dave

Dave

There is no week 17. Championship is the Week #16 game.

jwhouk

jwhouk

My problem last year was that I violated the 10th commandment of Fantasy Football:

Verily, thy players who playeth for playoff-bound teams art the kiss of death for thee in thine league's playoffs.
AKA THE TOM BRADY RULE: If you have managed to get to the playoffs, beware of teams that have nothing to play for in weeks 15 and 16. No-names may get the ball more often than your star player.
This happened a few too many times in the author's experience, including a year where he finally got to the league championship and ended up with three key players "sitting" because they were saving it for the playoffs.

jwhouk

jwhouk

And here, for your reading pleasure, are the 10 Commandments of Fantasy Football - from someone who's been playing the game since the 1990s.

Attachments

drifter

drifter

Here's a fun little tool: rate your fantasy roster.

jwhouk

jwhouk

A side note: I'm a member of a long-running FFL that is having problems trying to find some new members.

I was wondering if there were any fantasy football fans out there who are looking - even at this late juncture - to join an established Yahoo FFL league.

If you're interested, head on over to fantasyfoootball.yahoo.com and go to league code 188877 (Not Quite Ready For Prime Time League).

Password is "karlis" (Yes, our commissioner is a Predators fan, why do you ask?).

We need an even number of teams to start, and we're not all that picky about teams filling out our league.

Thanks in advance - and good luck!

P.S. - if you do plan on joining the league, leave a note in this thread so I know who the new owner is.

We're planning on drafting (yes, a bit late) on Saturday if we get more interested persons.

Tress

Tress

I just signed up with the name "The Drama Llamas." I had been looking for another league. Thanks for the opportunity!

jwhouk

jwhouk

You're welcome!

klew

klew

Hooray for uncertainty and non-declaration/confirmation of player statuses leading to benching my 1st and 3rd pick.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well. Nice to see the Green Bay defense is just as good as it was last year. :facepalm:

Dave

Dave

Jesus F-ing Christ!

What a game, Giants! 209 points?!? I don't think we've ever had a score that high! Nice job!

Covar

Covar

I was shocked. I only had 1 player not hit their estimate, and the Giants had a crazy fourth quarter. The Packers D crushing da Bears helped as well.

jwhouk

jwhouk

209 points... :Leyla:

I think the only time that something like that EVER could have happened in FF was when Young hit Rice for five TD's back in the day.

Covar

Covar

For those not in the league, my epic victory.
ff_week2.png

Dave

Dave

You could have won with three players. Magnificent.

jwhouk

jwhouk

If I come back and beat the Bumble Monday night, I should get some sort of medal.

jwhouk

jwhouk

SCORING CHANGE SUGGESTION:
  • Russell Wilson, QB, SEA: subtract 1 TD passing, 24 yards passing; add 1 interception.
  • Golden Tate, WR, SEA: subtract 1 TD reception, 24 yards receiving.
  • Steve Hauschka, K, SEA: subtract 1 PAT kick.
  • Packers Defense/Special Teams: subtract 6 points allowed; add 1 interception.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Since Roger Goody-goody Goodell won't do it, of course.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

requesting name change to "Charlie Don't Lose" :csi:

jwhouk

jwhouk

After looking at the points for this week, it appears that the Screwup In Seattle only affected one team, and not for enough points to give GWOT the win.

Covar

Covar

Fuck Thursday night games.

Tress

Tress

7-0!

Tress

Tress

Okay, so which one of you is Name Pending? (sidenote: we should get a list of people's forum names matched up with FF names)

You didn't just snap a 7 game win streak. That was the first time I had lost a game since week 13 of 2010. Kudos to you, good sir.

jwhouk

jwhouk

<== Merrill Blue Jays

Tress

Tress

<== Cranky Llamas

jwhouk

jwhouk

@!#$&*()&^%$# DCTVFBHJKPL *YGI BYGIFB: YLYGI:YGI::YGIB:GYIU

I HATE ELI MANNING!

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

say hi to your #1 seed in the playoffs

Dave

Dave

say hi to your #1 seed in the playoffs
Say hi to the #4 seed in the playoffs...who just kicked your ass.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

yeah, I got owned

Dave

Dave

yeah, I got owned
It's all a crap shoot, dude. I was the #1 seed in my other league and got smoked by the #8 seed. The difference is that I didn't talk crap beforehand. I learned my lesson about that years ago.

Dave

Dave

And guess who the League Champion is this year? I'll give you a hint:

IT'S ME!!!!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Rigged.

Dave

Dave

Right out of the box, huh? Sore losers!

Tress

Tress

Congrats, Dave. I was hoping to go for three years in a row but I couldn't quite get there.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Nice job, Dave. It was a close game at the end, and I'm glad to have played in the finals with you.

Dave

Dave

Nice job, Dave. It was a close game at the end, and I'm glad to have played in the finals with you.
You were almost too much man for me, Bumble. But my manliness knows no bounds.

jwhouk

jwhouk

At least I won my public league. THAT is more of an accomplishment for me, personally, as I have struggled mightily in YPL's since my first time playing back in '01.

Dave

Dave

We need more people! We have 6 right now that are in. I'd like to have 6 more if we can.

BananaHands

BananaHands

WHATS UP HALD00Dz

Dave

Dave

League #69618

I think. :aaah:

Covar

Covar

I LOOK FORWARD TO LOSING HORRIBLY AGAIN THIS SEASON!!!!!

BananaHands

BananaHands

League #69618

I think. :aaah:
Wait I don't get how I join?

Dave

Dave

You should be able to just go here: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/69618

And join with the password. You will need a Yahoo ID.

Alternately, give me your email and I'll send an invite right from the league.

BananaHands

BananaHands

It keeps giving me an error every time I get to the league.

Here: gcbitsky@gmail.com

Dave

Dave

I had the wrong link.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hfhouseofpain

Clicking that will allow you to join with NO password.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I had the wrong link.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hfhouseofpain

Clicking that will allow you to join with NO password.
There was a problem

• You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

Dave

Dave

There was a problem

• You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)
Did you at least get the email?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Anyone who wants to participate in a second private Yahoo league, we have only six members. Message me if you're interested.

BananaHands

BananaHands

So when's the draft?

jwhouk

jwhouk

We need one more team. It won't let us draft until we've got an even number of teams.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Send me an invite, jeffbrown.lufkin (at) gmail.com

Dave

Dave

Invite sent. Oh, and the draft is Sun, Sep 1 at 1:00pm CDT.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'm in, just used Sparhawk for a team name.

Dave

Dave

Sweet! We now have 10, which is just fine. Anyone else wants to join they have to bring someone with them! ;)

Tress

Tress

What is the point of having a live draft if none of you show up for it?!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I got caught up in family stuff (nothing bad) and just wasn't able to get there. Then again, I did set up my picks to hopefully get the best I could.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

ugh, i'm really sorry i missed the draft, i hate being that guy.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I was working, so I ain't even feel bad

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Ahaha, the draft report card tells me my team is projected to go 0-14-0.

LET'S GO FOR THAT PERFECT SCORE, TEAM

Dave

Dave

I was there! I swear! I had to go to a party so I downloaded the live draft app from Yahoo. Every time I'd connect it would freeze and then drop me. So I came rushing back home (the party was next door)...and my son was playing Bioshock Infite on the computer. By then it would have been the 8th or 9th round so I said fuck it and went back to the party. Stupid Yahoo app!

Covar

Covar

Ahaha, the draft report card tells me my team is projected to go 0-14-0.

LET'S GO FOR THAT PERFECT SCORE, TEAM
I'm sorry, but you will beat me. It's a fact of Fantasty Football. Unless I wind up with 250 points against you. :confused:

Covar

Covar

Why do I play Fantasty Football again? :(

jwhouk

jwhouk

Because it's FUN!

BananaHands

BananaHands

Because it's FUN!
I'm going to find Peyton Manning and shoot an arrow in his knee.

Tress

Tress

...and to think I almost didn't play Anquan Boldin!

klew

klew

I'm going to find Peyton Manning and shoot an arrow in his knee.
Fantasy Manning owners should thank Trevathan for leaving his interception on the other side of the goal line. Otherwise, Peyton may not have needed/wanted to throw for another TD.

jwhouk

jwhouk

A blast from my personal archives:
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF FANTASY FOOTBALL:
  1. Pay attention to your players' bye weeks. THE LOS ANGELES XTREME RULE: You can't win a game if your star players are sitting at home because their team isn't playing that week. Keep an eye on the bye weeks for your players, and make sure you have someone backing them up during that week. This is called the LA Xtreme rule because, like the only champions of the XFL, they aren't playing next week.
  2. If your star player goes down early in the season, all is not lost. THE MICHAEL VICK RULE: If your star player is injured in the first four weeks of the season, there are usually plenty of undrafted selections that you can use to replace them with. This is named the Vick rule because of his frequent injuries in the pre-season, especially back in 2003; in years past this was known as the Testaverde rule.
  3. Use the waiver wire to help with your "problem areas" on your roster. THE KURT WARNER RULE: Sometimes the guy you don't draft is the one who ends up leading your team to the championship. This is the Warner rule because of Kurt's success with the Rams in 1999.
  4. Do NOT allow yourself to be "Favred". THE BRETT FAVRE RULE: Don't let yourself get caught benching a star player after a sub-par performance one week, only to see him come back and have the game of his life the next week. Care to guess why this rule is so named?
  5. Pay attention to the weather in your players' games - especially your kicker. THE ADAM VINATIERI RULE: Don't expect a kicker to do well if he's kicking in New England in the middle of December. Also, don't expect a lot of passing yardage in a game played at Lambeau in a snowstorm. This is the Vinatieri rule because of Adam's penchant for hitting kicks - indoors.
  6. Pay attention to matchups: your own players against their opponents, your opponents players against theirs, and your players against your opponents. THE JAMAL LEWIS/CLEVELAND BROWNS RULE: If a star player is facing a team that he has owned in the past, by all means start him. And, if your defense is going up against a team that is basically inept on defense, start them as well. This is especially important for your matchups on the week. Also: keep an eye out for attempts to siphon points from your team by pitting your QB's primary target WR's against you. This is named the Lewis rule for his record-breaking performance against the Cincinnati Bengals in 2003 – in both games that the Ravens faced them.
  7. Your first draft pick will make or break your season - so don't waste it on anything that doesn't get you points. THE MARSHALL FAULK/PRIEST HOLMES/AARON RODGERS RULE: Your first pick is your most important pick, and most likely your best player. Do NOT waste it on anything other than a QB or a RB. This is has been, traditionally, the "Marshall Plan" rule, but Mr. Holmes and Mr .Rodgers have gotten co-billing because of their superiority as a fantasy stud.
  8. Pay attention to your players' teammates, especially your receivers and running backs. THE JIMMY SMITH RULE: If your WR's starting QB is hurt, or if your RB's offensive line is starting to gather injuries, you might want to reconsider starting him. This is the Smith rule because of the on-and-off nature of his former teammates, Keenan McCardell and Mark Brunell. Yes, I got burned by this too many times to count.
  9. Pay attention to the injury reports for your players. THE FRED TAYLOR RULE: If your player is listed as "Questionable" before a game, you really might want to reconsider starting him - especially if he's in one of your "money" positions (QB, RB, WR). Mr. Taylor was notorious for getting injured one week, and the Jaguars not revealing until (essentially) game time if they he was going to be scratched.
  10. Players on teams that have already clinched playoff berths are the Kiss of Death during league playoff time. THE TOM BRADY RULE: If you have managed to get to the playoffs, beware of teams that have nothing to play for in weeks 15 and 16. No-names may get the ball more often than your star player. This happened a few too many times in the author's experience, including a year where he finally got to the league championship and ended up with three key players "sitting" because they were saving it for the playoffs.

Covar

Covar

Holy Shit I won! :aaah:

Thanks Houston.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Can I take a mulligan this week? I was forced to work 8 hrs. of OT Sunday.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

So much for my perfect season..

Covar

Covar

aw, poop.

Dave

Dave

I kicked ass. I'm the second highest scoring team in the league. I'm also in 5th place.

No justice, I tells ya!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Crap, I'm having such a horrible season. I get players that are supposed to kick ass and they get hurt... supposed to have an easy match-up, they get blown out... I just don't have players that are going consistently from week to week.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Dave

Dave

Turns out when Graham has a bad week so do I.

drifter

drifter

Lemme ask for some trade advice: I'm in a 12 team keeper league, and my year is shit. Right now I'm being offered Giovani Bernard for Jordy Nelson. I should mention that in our league keepers count for one round higher than the previous year, so high upside/low round picks are pretty valuable. I took Nelson in the 4th, I think he took Bernard in the 6th. His team is stacked at RB (Bernard is on his bench) and he's had some injuries at WR (Julio Jones), so I'm thinking of asking for swapping picks, say his 6th for my 8th. Does that sound reasonable?

jwhouk

jwhouk

No, because Nelson is going to be Rodgers' main target for the foreseeable future.

EDIT to add: The way that Green Bay's offense is situated, Nelson is going to be Aaron's primary target - for the rest of this year and years to come (Lord willing).

Covar

Covar

So Big Ben beat his projections this week, by 30 points. :D

klew

klew

So Big Ben beat his projections this week, by 30 points. :D
I don't regret dropping him for Fred Jackson.

jwhouk

jwhouk

That's it, I'm done.

Terrik

Terrik

The Steelers continue to depress me.

Covar

Covar

What the hell is wrong with you people!? I'm 6-4-0 with an autodraft team! AN AUTO-DRAFT! I get clobbered like I'm the Jacksonville Jaguars when I carefully pick out my team on draft day. The year I give up? 6-4.

I hate you all.

Dave

Dave

If you're sucking and you know it, clap your hair!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Yeah, clapping my hair ALL season long...

jwhouk

jwhouk

Shaddup. I'm just praying Rodgers is healthy enough to help me for the playoffs... IF I get to the playoffs. (Gives Charlie Don't Surf the evil eye...)

klew

klew

I have 7 players left of my original 16 round draft team, and one is a kicker.

klew

klew

Stupid, unpredictable Denver receiving corps.

Covar

Covar

I'm pretty sure the weather in Philadelphia is going hurt my team this week, but damn if I don't enjoy watching games like that.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I swear that it looked like the players were finding ways to jump into the snow drifts at times. Looked like so much freaking fun.

Covar

Covar

I forgot LaSean McCoy was my starting running back. His extra points have made up for Stafford being unable to put the ball in the air.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Finally gonna win another game!

Dave

Dave

Yeah, I lost one of my running backs - Reggie Bush - because he hurt himself in pregame warmups and I didn't find out about it until the game started.

This has not been my year. Again.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I... I'm not making the playoffs, am I?

(I knew that as soon as the four words were uttered: "Aaron Rodgers is hurt.")

Tress

Tress

I'm on the bubble. I need Dez Bryant to have a mediocre game tonight.

Dave

Dave

I need Dez to have a great night tonight, mainly because the refs wanted Philly to beat Detroit. Some of the calls in that game were absolutely terrible...and they were all against Detroit.

Of course, then Philly went nuts in the running game, so it probably wouldn't have made a difference, but it would have stopped them from scoring at least once.

Tress

Tress

How does Dez Bryant affect you in any way in our fantasy league?

Dave

Dave

Well, in fantasy I have Tony Romo. (Not sure which league.) But as a Cowboys fan, I need them to beat the Bears so that we stay on top of the Division.

Tress

Tress

Beat the Bears as much as you want! Just keep Dez Bryant out of the endzone.

Tress

Tress

Thank you, Jamaal Charles. You wonderful, fantastic man.

Thank you.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Season in Haiku:
Could have won the title but
Aaron Rodgers hurt

Dave

Dave

I could have won this year, but...
My team ind of sucked.

Holy Knickers

Holy Knickers

Congratulations go out to The Cranky Llamas, the 2013 Dave's house of Pain fantasy football champs.

Tress

Tress

Thank you, thank you. :D

jwhouk

jwhouk

Just remember, Tress: You got a mulligan this year because of Aaron Rodgers being hurt.

Someday, that title will be MINE! MINE! MINE, I TELL YOU!

Tress

Tress

This is my third championship in 5 years, bud. You know what that spells? D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y. So take your Aaron Rodgers talk somewhere else. :p

Tress

Tress

@Dave

Dave

Dave

Maybe.

Tress

Tress

jwhouk

jwhouk

So... are we bracketing or not?

Dave

Dave

I'll be sending something out tomorrow.

Covar

Covar

We drafting soon?

Dave

Dave

I hadn't even thought about doing it again this year.

Let's get a head count of the interested parties.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I'm down

jwhouk

jwhouk

Me.

Dave

Dave

I renewed the league. You guys should get an email.

Tress

Tress

I'm in. Time to school you guys again. :D

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm overdue to win one of these freakin' things.

klew

klew

I remember winning it all the first year, then first loser the next year, then I seemed to be a spoiler, messing up others chances without doing much myself.

BErt

I'm guessing I missed this. I played the first few years but missed last year. Good luck y'all!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Where is everyone?[DOUBLEPOST=1407888172,1407887744][/DOUBLEPOST]Draft is live and moving fast.

Tress

Tress

Y'all suck.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

But my pizza will be good! Gotta go look at who I got in the last few bench slots.

Dave

Dave

Mother fucker! I forgot to change the default draft date!! I was going to propose having it this Saturday. Damn, damn, damn!

Covar

Covar

Mother fucker! I forgot to change the default draft date!! I was going to propose having it this Saturday. Damn, damn, damn!
going to be a trade heavy season.

Tress

Tress

Can't you wipe it and have us re-draft on a better day?

Dave

Dave

Wouldn't be too fair for those that showed up. How many were there live?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

2, Tress and I. I left to finish making my pizza after I got my starters.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Hm.

I can only hope that there won't be a repeat of last year with my starting QB.

Of course, getting Big Ben as a backup isn't horrid.

klew

klew

I hate when auto-draft gives me 2 kickers.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Drafting before the second preseason week is absurd. What's wrong with Labor Day Weekend?

Dave

Dave

I'm not going to be around during the holiday weekend.

How would people feel if I scrubbed and reset for a different day?

Dave

Dave

I'm guessing I missed this. I played the first few years but missed last year. Good luck y'all!
Hey, @BErt, you can still play! I've just got to find one more after you.

Covar

Covar

I'm not opposed.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Long as I still get AR12, I'm fine.

BErt

Hey, @BErt, you can still play! I've just got to find one more after you.
Great! I'm in if you're able to find one more :D

Dave

Dave

Do you have a link to the site?

Oh, and I've reset the draft. The new draft is THIS SATURDAY at NOON CENTRAL TIME!!

I'm going to randomize the draft ahead of time so I can put @jwhouk at position #12 as he requested. I'll be posting the draft order as soon as I figure out how to do it so people can see and don't think I'm cheating.

Tress

Tress

I like it. I'm the only one who did the draft start to finish (it only took 20 minutes with all the bots doing the drafting for you guys), and I don't mind starting over.

Dave

Dave

Here's the numbers for the teams:

1. Fumbling Morons
  2. Charlie Does Win
  3. Cranky Llamas
  4. Merrill Blue Jays
  5. Name Pending
  6. Holy Knickers
  7. Sparhawk's Spoilers
  8. Bumblin' & Fumblin'
  9. mrdhood (dude from Xenforo.com that wanted in)
  10. BErt
  11. BLANK TEAM
  12. Giants Waste of Time
And I thought @jwhouk wanted the last draft spot, but he was talking about Aaron Rodgers. But since he wasn't there for the draft I'm going to say no. Otherwise everyone can say, "Reset, but I want to keep this guy." I'd allow @Tress or @Sparhawk to do that, but not anyone who missed the draft.

I'm going to be doing a random number generation on the site rolz.org like as soon as someone comes in. The room name is Halforums and you'll be able to see my rolls there.

BErt

Do you have a link to the site?

Oh, and I've reset the draft. The new draft is THIS SATURDAY at NOON CENTRAL TIME!!

I'm going to randomize the draft ahead of time so I can put @jwhouk at position #12 as he requested. I'll be posting the draft order as soon as I figure out how to do it so people can see and don't think I'm cheating.

I think I'll need a link please. I looked a few pages back but I can't view anything since I'm not in the league.

...And I think jwhouk was requesting Aaron Rodgers. EDIT you beat me to it.

Covar

Covar

YES! Late draft pick!

:minionhappy:

Dave

Dave

That was not the draft order, that was the number assigned for when I roll them randomly at www.rolz.org...as soon as someone comes in to see the rolls.

Covar

Covar

Damn :okay:

Dave

Dave

Okay, @BErt came in to watch me. Here's the actual draft order.

1. Merrill Bluejays
  2. Cranky Llamas
  3. BLANK TEAM
  4. Holy Knickers
  5. Fumbling Morons
  6. Name Pending
  7. Giants Waste of Time
  8. Bumblin' & Stumblin'
  9. Charlie Does Win
  10. BErt
  11. mrdhood
  12. Sparhawk
We need to fill that #3 team. If anyone is interested or if you know someone who is, let me know.

drifter

drifter

I'm interested, but I'm not certain I can make the draft.

BErt

Just a heads-up, you said here the draft Saturday, but it looks like it's set for Sunday the 17th. In case anyone needed to shift their schedule around...

jwhouk

jwhouk

I won't be able to make it either way, due likely to work.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Well, crap. I won't be there Saturday, we're taking a trip down to Houston for some grocery shopping, eating of good Chinese food and goofing off. But, it's okay.

Covar

Covar

Just a heads-up, you said here the draft Saturday, but it looks like it's set for Sunday the 17th. In case anyone needed to shift their schedule around...
Heh, that actually works out better for me.

Tress

Tress

Sunday at 10 PST would not work for me. Later in the day would be better.

BErt

I could do anytime Saturday but I have a live league draft at 4pm on Sunday. I would be available after that though.

Dave

Dave

Well fuck. Saturday at noon. Sunday is bad for me. Time to adjust. Sorry, Covar.

Covar

Covar

No worries

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

.... At the risk of sounding like a COMPLETE tool, how does this work? I've never done fantasy football at all, and have NO idea if I'd be interested enough in keeping up with it.

Then again.... *pondering look*

Covar

Covar

During football season you field a team based on your roster filling in the different positions on the team. In the House of Pain this is 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR 2 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, and a Defense. The rest of your roster is benched for that week. As the actual games played out you'll be rewarded points based on the stats of your starters. Come Tuesday morning if you have more points than your opponent for the week you pick up the win.

Honestly there's not much work involved, and it really helps make games you wouldn't normally care about more interesting.

Dave

Dave

So say you like QB A. That weekend, QB A has a GREAT game. You get points based on his performance. Add up all your team's points and compare them to the tema you are playing against and whoever wins gets a W on their record.

Look at it this way. Get a team. Try it out. It's free and it's guys from here so you know you're not going to be made fun of (that much). You got nothing to lose and you might like it.

BErt

Yes, please do it so I can play :ninja:

Seriously though, I play 3-4 leagues every year. I love fantasy football, and it's all in good fun with a place like this because it's free and just some friends enjoying the game and giving each other a hard time. I only missed last year because I'm a stupid. If you like football and have ever been interested in fantasy leagues, this is the way to break in to the whole scene. ;)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Well, if I don't throw off the numbers with Bert's Addition, then by all means, add me in! Who knows... maybe I'll accidentally do something right?

Dave

Dave

Well, if I don't throw off the numbers with Bert's Addition, then by all means, add me in! Who knows... maybe I'll accidentally do something right?
Send me your email address and I'll send you an invite.

Covar

Covar

w00t! Expansion teams!

Also O_C I forgot to mention the most important thing about Fantasy Football, your team name needs to be sufficiently witty.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Alright, I'm joined and witty team-named and everything...

The only downside is that, if we keep the current draft day, I'm going to be unavailable. :/

Dave

Dave

That's a lot of people this won't work for. How does everyone think the 23rd at the same time would be?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

SHOULD be good for me...

BErt

I don't currently have anything on the 23rd, should be good.

Covar

Covar

Works for me.

Dave

Dave

Rescheduled.

Dave

Dave

Don't forget, the draft is TODAY in about 2 hours! (12 CT)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Spoiler alert: I was asleep after working overnight. *facepalm*

klew

klew

Hmm, this draft ended up much worse than the first one.

Tress

Tress

I couldn't be there, so I let the computer autodraft for me. Jesus, was that ever a mistake.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Charter and I were having a fight, or at least their DNS's were fighting with me.

Dave

Dave

In my other online draft yesterday the commish forgot to mark my two guys as keeper. So not only did I lose the two guys I wanted to keep, I was last pick and autodraft started out with 3 WR. My starting RB is fucking Reggie Bush.

Covar

Covar

Reminder to everyone that the season starts tomorrow night, so be sure to go over your rosters. I was checking mine this morning and discovered that the Eagles dropped one of my kickers.

Dave

Dave

Reminder to everyone that the season starts tomorrow night, so be sure to go over your rosters. I was checking mine this morning and discovered that the Eagles dropped one of my kickers.
Yup. And they signed some kid named Parkey. I think someone already grabbed him in our league. In fact, I know they did. It was me. Four days ago. BWAHAHAHAHA!!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Unless Nick Novak falls flat on his face tonight, I'm good.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I'm running away with this season already, catch me if you can

You can't.

Dave

Dave

Watch me.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'm running away with this season already, catch me if you can

You can't.
You're only 2 points in front of me. 11 in front of Dave, and 1 point in front of "Don't Rush..." You might as well consider yourself caught.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

You guys don't know how to football

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Dude, I'm a native Texan. We improved football.

BErt

In Deeeep East Texas, football is a way of life.
Boom. Van Der Beek'd.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

For many, that is a very true to life statement.

jwhouk

jwhouk

<== The #### championship TROPHY is named after our GREATEST HEAD COACH.

BErt

YAAASSS DARREN SPROLES

Dave

Dave

I think we all know who will be in first place after this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

*sighs* Woulda been nice if the Dirty Birds could QUIT FUCKING UP.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I wasted a stellar performance by Aaron Rodgers only to LOSE????

Dave

Dave

Hey, in my other league (24 teams) I scored the third highest score so far this year...and lost because the guy I played had the top score of the year. My team is the #3 scoring team in the 24-team league and I'm 0-2 and in last place in my Division.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I wasted a stellar performance by Aaron Rodgers only to LOSE????
189 passing yards, 1 td and 1 int is a "stellar performance'? He came in 10 points under fantasy estimates.

drifter

drifter

189 passing yards, 1 td and 1 int is a "stellar performance'? He came in 10 points under fantasy estimates.
Might wanna recheck those stats. Jordy Nelson alone had over 200 yards receiving.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Might wanna recheck those stats. Jordy Nelson alone had over 200 yards receiving.
Those are directly off the the Yahoo match up page for the league.[DOUBLEPOST=1410913339,1410913100][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like there should be a major stat correction there...NFL.com showing 346 and 3td...[DOUBLEPOST=1410913395][/DOUBLEPOST]or maybe Yahoo being stupid and switching to week 1 stats....

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yeah. Rodgers: 348 yards passing, 3 TD's, 1 2 Pt conversion, 28 yards rushing, one lost fumble.

And, because two of my wide receivers decided to get hurt/take a dump last week, I lose by 15 points. Oh, and the Defending World Champions get whacked by the Chargers.

BErt

...well my brilliant acquisition of Bobby Rainey has certainly panned out.

Dave

Dave

For everyone else.

Covar

Covar

... They said Roddy White was going to play last night.

BErt

they said he was inactive around 5:30 PM EST. I only know this because I heard on my way home from work.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I am afraid to look at some of the fantasy football scores after last night.

Dave

Dave

Only Julio really had a stellar night. Oh, and Hester, even though nobody probably had him. The defenses each had a TD, but the TB defense gave up too many points.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Thank you Julio. Wherever you are

Tress

Tress

I have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones in my family and friends league. I've already got a 79 point lead on my dad after 1 game.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones in my family and friends league. I've already got a 79 point lead on my dad after 1 game.

Ouch. Gonna be a tough uphill climb for him.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Time for Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood to get busy.

jwhouk

jwhouk

:puke::fu::fu::fu:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

... I need to start paying attention to player reports the night before...

Dave

Dave

Damn, @jwhouk, where the fuck did that TE come from? Talk about coming out of nowhere!

jwhouk

jwhouk

I had to find a replacement for Pitta, and he was the best option according to my research.

I'll take it if it means a win this week. But Sunday's coming.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Fingers crossed that Tom Brady just completely shits the bed this week

Dave

Dave

Don't care about Brady, I just need Ridley and the NE Def to step up.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Fingers crossed that Tom Brady just completely shits the bed this week
I'm aiming to take you DOWN!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I LOVE YOU TOM BRADY

Null

Null

I LOVE YOU TOM BRADY
He was playing more like Mark Sanchez.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

He was playing more like Mark Sanchez.
More like Matt Schaub combined with David Carr.

jwhouk

jwhouk

More like Kyle Orton.

Null

Null

I'm now second in my division! http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/1570182/team/4/gamecenter

Edit: Okay, 1st in division, 2nd in League, it seems. http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/1570182

jwhouk

jwhouk

After this week, I believe I may need to start calling him "Charlie Don't Win."

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

*clutches chest, crumples to the ground*

klew

klew

If I have the lead going into Monday night, with the only player left to play, would it be unsporting to bench him to prevent negative points?

Dave

Dave

I don't think you'd lose that many points, but if you want to knock yourself out.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The only time I would do that, TBH, is if it was a playoff weekend.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Excuse me while I walk into traffic

Null

Null

The projection in my matchup this week was that I'd lose by 25 points (150 to 175).

Currently: I have 126.15, my opponent has 88.73. All of his players are done, I have 2 that will play tomorrow night (Michael Crabtree and Justin Smith), projected for 13 and 6 points respectively.

Unless somehow those two players score -40 points, I'll be 5-1, with a 4 game winning streak.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/1570182/team/4/gamecenter?week=6

My biggest mistake? Taking the matchup's advice and sitting the Eagles DEF and starting the Panthers DEF.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I got this barring a Brian Quick explosion

klew

klew

I got this barring a Brian Quick explosion
Worst thing in Fantasy Football is leaving points on the bench. I'm fine losing if my best performances still wouldn't be enough.

klew

klew

Worst thing in Fantasy Football is leaving points on the bench. I'm fine losing if my best performances still wouldn't be enough.
Correction: Worst thing in Fantasy Football is losing an undefeated season to the last place team with half of its starters out and hasn't been updated since auto-draft.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Correction: Worst thing in Fantasy Football is losing an undefeated season to the last place team with half of its starters out and hasn't been updated since auto-draft.
Can confirm.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I laughed about it, it's pretty great actually

jwhouk

jwhouk

The worst thing in Fantasy Football is to under-draft at a particular position.

Dave

Dave

Played Charlie this week. The #11 team of 12. Easy win. Until I see he has Gordon. And Murray. And Mettenberger. METTENBERGER?!?

Shit. And Odell Beckam.

I got fucking smoked.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Look, it's really satisfying playing the spoiler. I'm so happy my stashing of Josh Gordon for 10 weeks paid off to not finish exactly last

Null

Null

Due to a bye and the lackluster season of Darrell Sproles, I needed a new WR this week. Looking at the Free Agents, there was one available I'd never heard of (which, since I don't really follow football, is most everyone) but he had a decent projection, so I added him to my roster to start.

His name was Odell Beckham, Jr.

I beat my match by 50 points (140.51 to 90.48)

Reverent-one

Reverent-one

Due to a bye and the lackluster season of Darrell Sproles, I needed a new WR this week. Looking at the Free Agents, there was one available I'd never heard of (which, since I don't really follow football, is most everyone) but he had a decent projection, so I added him to my roster to start.

His name was Odell Beckham, Jr.

I beat my match by 50 points (140.51 to 90.48)
He was available as a free agent? Geeze, you've got some slackers there (or a really shallow league/team roster).

Null

Null

He was available as a free agent? Geeze, you've got some slackers there (or a really shallow league/team roster).
yeah it's only 12 teams

Covar

Covar

This season is turning out surprisingly well for me.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Uh.... am I gonna back into a playoff spot?

Dave

Dave

Maybe. I'm out right now. Fuck. I blame Charlie for being the spoiler.

Covar

Covar

So BErt, we meet again. Just like before your efforts will be futile and this time I will claim the title that is rightfully mine!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Classic case of point vampirism.

So sorry, BErt.

Covar

Covar

So Dave, when are we drafting?

Dave

Dave

I was just in there looking and we only have 7 teams. We may not have a league this season.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Get @GasBandit in here. He can be the expansion team everyone beats up on weekly. ;)

Null

Null

now is the pay fantasy football league or a different one?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Get @GasBandit in here. He can be the expansion team everyone beats up on weekly. ;)
Duuuuude I got SOOOO much to doooooo

Dave

Dave

This is a free, fun league. No pressure here.

Null

Null

This is a free, fun league. No pressure here.
Okay, where do I sign up?

Null

Null

Groovy. Drafting this Sunday at 4?

Dave

Dave

I set it for 6 but that's Central time zone. Is that bad? I can change it.

Null

Null

It should be okay, I think.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Heck, I'm auto-drafting myself, so don't feel bad.

Tress

Tress

:(

I definitely can't make that. Can we do any earlier? Maybe 2 hours earlier? If I'm the only one then I'll just autodraft.

Covar

Covar

As long as I know when it is, I'll try my best to make it. After all I have a championship to defend.

Dave

Dave

I can make it 2 hours earlier.

Null

Null

Ready, got queued, all set.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Waiting as well, room loaded.

klew

klew

I kind of dislike having the first pick

Null

Null

I look forward to this coming season. I think I did pretty well in the draft.

Dave

Dave

Cranky Llamas have a monster WR attack. Of course, we're all stacked with only 8 teams. Value everywhere!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yeah, says you. :p

Null

Null

32 monster points from GRONK

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Witten was my savior in another league, and my doom in this league.

Null

Null

I really shouldn't have switched DEF the other day.

Dave

Dave

My entire team sat this week out. Including Peyton Manning with a whole 6 points. SIX FUCKING POINTS FROM MANNING?!?

Covar

Covar

Matt Ryan can score 50 points tonight right?

Null

Null

My entire team sat this week out. Including Peyton Manning with a whole 6 points. SIX FUCKING POINTS FROM MANNING?!?
He was my QB in my NFL fantasy football team. Earned -0.10 points there.

Dave

Dave

In one of my other league I have - and I shit you not - Ellington, Dez, and DeSean Jackson. I can almost promise Julio Jones is going to die in a car fire on the way to the stadium because then my lineup will be complete.

Null

Null

In one of my other league I have - and I shit you not - Ellington, Dez, and DeSean Jackson. I can almost promise Julio Jones is going to die in a car fire on the way to the stadium because then my lineup will be complete.
I've got Andre Ellington in this one, so I feel your pain. Hopefully Devonta Freeman can step up and take his place.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Welcome to the Gary Kubiak style of offensive coordinator.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Matt Ryan can score 50 points tonight right?
If he does, you deserve to win. Unfortunately, that'd still mean points for me, because I've got the Falcons' kicker.

klew

klew

I'm only 99% favorite to win this week, the only way I lose is if Julio Jones outscores Adrian Peterson by 66 points (without stat corrections).

PatrThom

PatrThom

Welcome to the Gary Kubiak style of offensive coordinator.
...Eat now?

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

Welp. Unless AR12 throws for about seven touchdowns, @Dave has me beat this week.

Dave

Dave

Having Julio Jones and AJ Green this week will do that for you.

Null

Null

Fucking everyone underperformed this week.

Dave

Dave

Welp. Unless AR12 throws for about seven touchdowns, @Dave has me beat this week.
Uh...He's at 5 and 3 of those are to Cobb...

jwhouk

jwhouk

Not enough.

Coulda beat anyone else except you and GWOT.

And now we got five teams tied for the top of the league at 2-1.

Covar

Covar

So I had no tight end this week, and if Odell Beckham Jr didn't flare up his hamstring I had a pretty decent shot of winning this week.

I swear Fantasy Football is 90% luck.

Tress

Tress

@Dave

How 'bout them Cowboys? :cool:

Dave

Dave

Had they won but cost me the ff game I'd have been fine with it. As it stands, I lost the ff game AND they lost the game in OT.

Heartbreaking bastards.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I :heart: Jordan Reed. :)

jwhouk

jwhouk

...aaaaand just like that, :Leyla:.

Congrats, @Null.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Unless Emmanuel Sanders has the worst game of his life Monday night, Null's Nobodies are your 2015 HOPFL champions.

Null

Null

Seriously? I haven't even looked at this in weeks.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Seriously? I haven't even looked at this in weeks.
Why no, I (twitch twitch) don't have a problem (twitch) with that...

Dave

Dave

I didn't do too well in our league, but in the FantasyPros.com sit/start contest I got 182nd place overall out of 20,000+. Not too shabby. I didn't WIN anything, but I definitely did well.

Null

Null

So are we doing this again this year? My NFL Fantasy League just had our draft (which I did fucking great at) and it reminded me of this.

Covar

Covar

I want in.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Season starts Thursday!

Dave

Dave

I had heard nothing about it and hadn't even thought about it. You want me to start it up and see who we get?[DOUBLEPOST=1473126834,1473126709][/DOUBLEPOST]Set it up as an auto-pick draft this year since it's so late. If we hit the 8 team mark it'll automatically do the draft. Otherwise we'll just end it until next year.

klew

klew

My body is ready.

BErt

after a year hiatus I return to lose miserably once again

edit - i may need a new invite

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm back.

Tress

Tress

I want out. A live draft is the best part of fantasy football for me, and an auto draft sucks the fun out of it.

But thanks anyway.

Dave

Dave

Well we can do a live draft if you want. How does tomorrow night or Wednesday sound?[DOUBLEPOST=1473133672,1473133592][/DOUBLEPOST]Live draft tomorrow night at 6:45 CT?

Null

Null

Well we can do a live draft if you want. How does tomorrow night or Wednesday sound?[DOUBLEPOST=1473133672,1473133592][/DOUBLEPOST]Live draft tomorrow night at 6:45 CT?
That'll work for me.

BErt

I have a different draft same time tomorrow, so I'll bow out if that works for everyone else

klew

klew

Won't be at a computer at that time, it should autodraft for me then?

Dave

Dave

I have a different draft same time tomorrow, so I'll bow out if that works for everyone else
By bow out do you mean let it auto draft or just not participate?

How does WEDNESDAY work?

BErt

How does WEDNESDAY work?
Sorry, I meant I'd prefer to live draft but can set an autodraft if tomorrow night works for eveyone else. Anytime Wednesday evening is open for me.

Null

Null

How does WEDNESDAY work?
don't know if I'll be able to connect from work wednesday

Dave

Dave

Okay, so if @Tress can be there tomorrow night, it's a live draft.

BErt

link for the new league?

Tress

Tress

Okay, so if @Tress can be there tomorrow night, it's a live draft.
I feel guilty. I didn't mean for you to rearrange this just on my account.

I'll be able to do the draft tomorrow night. Thank you.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I will try to do a live draft if one comes together/gets linked

Dave

Dave

If @Charlie Don't Surf joins that gives us 10.

Dave

Dave

We need one more or we can't draft.

Dave

Dave

Yes. Charlie was going to be our 10 but he hasn't been back on since I provided the link.

Null

Null

Looks like it's still set to autodraft?

Dave

Dave

It apparently changed it back on me. Now the earliest time available is 8:30 CT

Null

Null

It apparently changed it back on me. Now the earliest time available is 8:30 CT
That still works for me.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Probably changed because there were an uneven number of teams when the draft room was supposed to "open."

Dave

Dave

Yup. And the same thing will happen again if @Charlie Don't Surf doesn't come in soon or I dump someone.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Want me to take the hit, since I'm not going to be 100% available due to work constantly ordering my ass?

Dave

Dave

Up to you, man. We have about an hour and 15 minutes to wait. Let's see if Charlie gets here before anything goes down.

Tress

Tress

Take me out. It makes the most sense, and I'm fine with it.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Which team is yours, Tress?

Tress

Tress

The Cranky Llamas

Dave

Dave

I'm still waiting a bit just in case before I GO NUCLEAR!

Dave

Dave

I don't know if I can boot anyone! I can't see where![DOUBLEPOST=1473208025,1473207991][/DOUBLEPOST]Found it.

Null

Null

jwhouk

jwhouk

We might play that at the beginning of the fourth quarter of our games....

Sent from my Nextbook

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Sorry, I completely forgot to check here again to see if the draft came together for tonight, I thought it was probably going to be tomorrow/tonight drafting.

Dave

Dave

Sorry, I completely forgot to check here again to see if the draft came together for tonight, I thought it was probably going to be tomorrow/tonight drafting.
S'all good, brah. You probably would have sniped all my picks, anyway.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I believe that I pulled an upset victory this week. Managed to win in both leagues I'm in to boot. Starting better than last season at least.

Null

Null

I left a lot of points on the bench this weekend.

Dave

Dave

I left a lot of points on the bench this weekend.
I feel your pain.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

And @Dave gets his first loss of the year! Thank you Andrew Luck!

Covar

Covar

This is not my season. 21pts below projected this week.

Dave

Dave

And @Dave gets his first loss of the year! Thank you Andrew Luck!
Yeah, it was bound to happen. Luck finally had a good game. Figures.

You won because (a) Coby fucking Fleener and (b) because I left 133 points on my bench - more than either of us scored.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Well, it's happening again Dave, Luck.

Dave

Dave

Meh. It's the playoffs that matter.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Meh. It's the playoffs that matter.
Ahem.

WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Covar

Covar

So with Yahoo really shitting the bed with user data this past year, any chance we switch to another service for this season?

Dave

Dave

Welp. I apparently forgot about setting the date for the draft. It happened last night. So...yay?

Covar

Covar

I'll let you know after I look at my roster.

I apparently scored a B.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Same here.

BErt

Good, I thought I just wasn't paying attention.

And I got a C :/

Null

Null

I should look at this too.

I also got a B. And apparently drafted Ben Rapistburger.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Got a C, and apparently drafted last... Mariota...Ajayjay.. oh lord my team stinks.

Dave

Dave

Ajayi is pretty frickin' good and Mariota is a good value once you get past the top tier QBs.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Ajayi is pretty frickin' good and Mariota is a good value once you get past the top tier QBs.
But those are the HIGHLIGHTS of the team...

BErt

Mariota finishes this year as a top 10 QB, book it.

Null

Null

I fucking sat the Baltimore Defense this week.

They scored 35 points.

It gets better. In my NFL dot com league, I sat the Jaguars Defense. They scored 31.53.

So just on defense, between the two leagues, I left 66 points on the bench.

Covar

Covar

My team is not looking good. Time to start looking at the free agency.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Well, crap. I could have sworn that I had placed LA's defense into my starting lineup. Oh well.

Dave

Dave

Well, crap. I could have sworn that I had placed LA's defense into my starting lineup. Oh well.
Might have been for the best.

Null

Null

...I'm pretty sure I lost 5 straight. How the fuck am I in 2nd?

klew

klew

Hooray for playoff injuries!

Dave

Dave

Man I started the year so strong and just collapsed. Ouch.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Time to get things fired up again, @Dave .

jwhouk

jwhouk

@Dave - We going around again this year or???

Dave

Dave

Dunno, man. There's only 8 of us still interested and the last couple years people have given up early and not changed their lineups or anything. I'm not feeling it this year.

BErt

last year didnt help that we all missed the draft, but i hear you.

Dave

Dave

I DO have an opening in my real money league. If anyone would be interested in that you'd be welcome.

By the way, I'm actually cutting out THREE leagues this year. Last year my 6 leagues were just too much.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Did someone on here have the Green Machine in a FFL with me last year? If so, your team's drafted...