Former President and Convicted Felon Trump Thread

The only value I can see is in allowing the users of yet another platform see him raw and unfiltered and maybe poke some holes in the myth as a result.

--Patrick

...and Trump just got handed the presidency back.

fuck.
I really don't think Biden stepping aside for Harris will have that much of a negative influence at this point. Him getting shot at making him Saved by God, Biden's disaster of a debate, and so on, were already leading us straight into Trump 2.0.
I think Biden never entering this race but supporting Harris during the primaries would have been a far better move, but that's water under the bridge. Harris may make a difference for the better, or not. Biden wasn't suddenly going to find a second breath anymore.

I really don't think Biden stepping aside for Harris will have that much of a negative influence at this point. Him getting shot at making him Saved by God, Biden's disaster of a debate, and so on, were already leading us straight into Trump 2.0.
I think Biden never entering this race but supporting Harris during the primaries would have been a far better move, but that's water under the bridge. Harris may make a difference for the better, or not. Biden wasn't suddenly going to find a second breath anymore.
Every poll I've seen shows Trump didn't get any kind of bump from what happened. The people who weren't going to vote for him genuinely don't care unless he's dead, because then some of the "Never Trump" folks would be more than willing to vote for just about any Republican. And his base isn't affected because they were already energized.

Well, i guess we'll find out if 8 years was enough time to convince enough of the american people that a woman president isn't that bad...

Every poll I've seen shows Trump didn't get any kind of bump from what happened. The people who weren't going to vote for him genuinely don't care unless he's dead, because then some of the "Never Trump" folks would be more than willing to vote for just about any Republican. And his base isn't affected because they were already energized.
That was honestly shocking to me. The photo of him with blood raising the fist I thought would bring some political payoff.

But Biden stepping down is a good thing. He was down in all the swing states and there’s no coming back when Biden couldn’t handle softball interviews and couldn’t campaign after 8. Add to that the way Biden was pretty systematically pissing off portions of the base and no matter what Democrats are better off today than we were yesterday.

Zappit

Staff member
The other thing is that everything the Republicans had planned for Biden up to the election is, essentially, useless now. Trump was secretly meeting with Orban and no one knows why. He was up to something and I guantan-damn-tee it was an October Surprise like his attempt to force Ukraine to announce an investigation like in 2020.

Harris might be polling around Biden’s numbers right now, but that could change now that Trump is the old man with cognitive issues.

And it‘s an ugly truth, but we all know the racism is about to ramp up from Republicans and that alone might disgust enough people to vote against Trump.

Oh, those seeds have long been planted.
And the Trump campaign would be fools if they hadn't been prepared to take on Harris as well - they've been targeting her and her policies for a while now. The attacks on Biden were about ineffectiveness and old age, the attacks on Harris were racist, antifeminist and political.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the resurrection of the birth certificate truthers if Harris is the nominee.
I've already seen people commenting on the fact that neither of her parents were citizens when she was born. It doesn't MATTER, but it's out there already.

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump is a hothead who just rambles about shit sometimes. Do you think he can debate Kamala Harris face-to-face without blurting out a racist slur?

If the Harris team is smart they absolutely will be pushing the fact Trump is old and in cognitive decline as much as possible. That was what Republicans were pushing on Biden, so the agism is already there, but now Trump isn't the "young" one and all his slander can be used against him when it comes to the more centrist voters he has been trying to prime.

In the end though it's still going to come down to how much the young voters turn out. They are less likely to be racist and misogynist, and luckily Harris does not have dynasty aspect weighing her down like Clinton. Even though it can be hard, we have to keep up hope and fight.

we all know the racism is about to ramp up from Republicans
This was yesterday, a little over half an hour W of the city where Trump held his first rally since the incident.
It's also not that far from where I work. Yay.

--Patrick

I almost feel sorry for all those folks who invested in selling that "FJB" merchandise. They might have to ship all their surplus inventory to sub-Saharan Africa with all those England shirts saying "Euro Cup Champs."

figmentPez

Staff member

TL;DW Compelling theory that Trump keeps bringing up Hannibal Lecter because his brain has connected immigrants seeking asylum, and insane asylums. Possibly because he doesn't understand what the word means.

Red + Yellow = Orange

So, Republicans colour is red, but fuckwad looks orange, so his natural colour must be yellow?

Makes sense since the chickenshit is running like a scalded dog from Kamala.

It is pretty funny that Trump forced Obama to do a middle of the night endorsement of Kamala. I don’t believe the conspiracy that Obama was holding out because he didn’t like her but I do believe he did it tonight because of trumps statement.

And as a result of the above meeting...
Aaaaand now the Ozymandiesque conspiracy theories are gonna start.

--Patrick
A 5.56 to the ear would take over half of it with the bullet. He could put a 2 inch gauge in that ear if it actually happened.

I thought it was a .22 rifle?
.22lr ("Twenty-two long rifle") is a "heeled bullet" (has a kind of stem behind the main bullet body) that is 2.24in/5.7mm in diameter and weighing 40 grains (~2.6 grams) that exits a rifle barrel traveling 1200fps/370mps carrying 130ft-lb/175 Joules of energy.
5.56 NATO ("Five-five-six") or 5.56x45 is a "boat-tail bullet" (has a tapered tail that makes it more aerodynamic/accurate) that is 2.24in/5.7mm in diameter and weighing ~60 grains (about 4 grams) that exits a rifle barrel traveling > 3000fps/950mps carrying 1300ft-lb/1800 Joules of energy.

Soo...similar in diameter, yes, but a little bit longer and 50% heavier, moving over twice as fast and carrying 10x the potential energy.

--Patrick