Former President and Convicted Felon Trump Thread

well, his team has nothing really to say about Kamala, so he's gotta keep talking about Biden.

It's the very definition of a strawman: Say something completely made up, and then attack *that*

Also while it’s true that there wasn’t a mechanism for forcing Biden out if he absolutely refused to step down under any circumstances, at this point there is no mechanism for Biden to become the nominee again without Kamala agreeing to it.

GasBandit

Staff member
The Supreme Court rejected an attempt by Missouri’s Republican attorney general to delay Trump’s sentencing in the New York criminal case, where Trump was convicted on 34 counts of orchestrating an illegal conspiracy to influence the 2016 presidential election by falsifying business records. Andrew Bailey claimed that Trump’s sentencing and gag order infringed on the rights of Missouri voters to hear from presidential candidates. In a one-page order, the justices denied the request without explanation. (Politico / Reuters / CNN / NBC News / New York Times / Bloomberg / NPR / Associated Press)

GasBandit

Staff member
Trump – out of nowhere – baselessly predicted that Biden might try to “crash” the Democratic National Convention in an attempt to “take back the nomination” from Harris. In a post on his personal social network, Trump offered the following prognostication: “What are the chances that Crooked Joe Biden, the WORST president in the history of the US, whose presidency was unconstitutionally STOLEN from him by Kamabla, Barack HUSSEIN Obama, Crazy Nancy Pelosi, Shifty Adam Schiff, Cryin’ Chuck Schumer and others on the lunatic left, CRASHES the Democrat National Convention and tries to take back the nomination, beginning with challenging me to another DEBATE.” The convicted felon continued: “He feels that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the US presidency, a COUP, to the people in the world he most hates. And he wants it back NOW!!!” Adam Schiff responded to Trump missive on Twitter: “It’s ok to be scared.” (HuffPost / Newsweek / Rolling Stone / The Hill / New York Magazine)

• Trump keeps losing his train of thought. Cognitive experts have theories about why. “This shifting from topic to topic, with few connections — a pattern of speech called tangentiality — is one of several disjointed and occasionally incoherent verbal habits that seem to have increased in Trump’s speech in recent years, according to interviews with experts in memory, psychology, and linguistics.” (STAT News)

GasBandit

Staff member
The Arizona grand jury that indicted 18 Trump allies on criminal charges related to their efforts to overturn the 2020 election also wanted to indict Trump. The attorney general’s office, however, asked the grand jury not to indict Trump and give a PowerPoint presentation to explain a Justice Department policy that discourages bringing state and federal cases against the same defendant. State prosecutors also told the grand jury that indicting Trump would be a “big deal” and that they weren’t sure if they had “all the evidence to prosecute it at this moment.” The grand jury ultimately indicted 18 Trump allies, including Mark Meadows and Rudy Giuliani. (New York Times / CNBC / CNN / Washington Post)

So ever since his debacle at the NABJ, Trump has effectively stopped campaigning completely, and is only holding one event this week at the famously contested state of Montana. What's the plan here?

I think it's more likely that he's actually grappling with the fact that somebody tried to kill him and he thought it would be HIS moment that would solidify the election for him... except it turned out most people didn't care and some people vocally declared that they'd wished the shooter hadn't missed. That, combined with the fact that he can't really use any of his tricks against Harris without alienating a lot of the people he needs and his upcoming sentencing hearing probably has him on the ropes. Honestly? It's his best move. They don't have a strategy.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear he's fled the country and dropped out in the coming weeks.

I saw people also suggest that he legitimately might have PTSD from being so close to being killed and that he’s scared to do rallies now. Which like, I don’t like the guy, but that seems pretty plausible to me.

Trump just spent an entire press conference complaining about shit. The funniest was constantly talking about his incredible crowd sizes, and how no other politicians in history have pulled his crowds. He capped it off with bragging that he had bigger crowds then MLK Jrs "I have a dream" speech.

Really trying to lock in the black vote, isn't he?

Trump and Harris have agreed to participate in a presidential debate on Sept. 10, ABC News says

So, not only is Trump backing out of that Fox News debate nonsense, but he's agreed to debate Harris on ABC, after all.

Oh boy, this is gonna be good.

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump just spent an entire press conference complaining about shit. The funniest was constantly talking about his incredible crowd sizes, and how no other politicians in history have pulled his crowds. He capped it off with bragging that he had bigger crowds then MLK Jrs "I have a dream" speech.
Ask Trump what year it is.png

Joe Rogan, Tim Pool, and Nick Fuentes have all said they're not voting for Trump.

I don't know if it means anything but it feels like it does.

Joe Rogan, Tim Pool, and Nick Fuentes have all said they're not voting for Trump.

I don't know if it means anything but it feels like it does.
Between them and Rittenhouse (until he was bullied back in, boo hoo), it's basically rats abandoning a sinking ship.

EDIT: Although Musk seems to be doubling-down, but he's not someone known to make good decisions about... anything.

The sad thing is, I know *some* of those are real, and I recognize at least one as being, while completely stupid not actually him, and for a bunch of others, I just can't tell.

GasBandit

Staff member
Trump claimed he took a dangerous helicopter ride once, but the guy he claimed to take it with said it never happened. I didn't think it was worth posting about because it was just yet another drop in a big bucket of Trump dementia... but now it's escalating in the most weird, Trump way possible.

Trump claimed he took a dangerous helicopter ride once, but the guy he claimed to take it with said it never happened. I didn't think it was worth posting about because it was just yet another drop in a big bucket of Trump dementia... but now it's escalating in the most weird, Trump way possible.

Hot take: someone with worsening signs of dementia should not be put back in a position with access to nuclear codes.

Is it even dementia?
I think he’s just a narcissist who likes attention.
In all seriousness, no joking here, there are people who believe it IS both. His NPD is well-documented, and he's at that age where the other one starts to come into play, especially if you haven't taken good care of your body/mind leading up to it.

--Patrick

Either way, the second he dies there are going to be hundreds of people who will suddenly grow consciences and come clean about all the bullshit he’s said over the years.