Former President and Convicted Felon Trump Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
super cool and normal thing for a Presidential candidate to say
It's very important to note that this is not the first time he's said this. He has repeated this line multiple times in the past. This is not something that's been garbled or misinterpreted. This is a deliberate statement about what he, and his party, intend for the future.

"But he doesn't mean there won't be voting, just that Christians will be so happy with how things are going that they won't feel a need to vote."

HOW? How will he make that happen? What possible circumstances could arise where this country has free and fair elections, but people opposed to right-wing views don't have any possibility of making decisions that evangelical christians would oppose? There's no such thing as a democracy where people don't have to vote.

Either you support Trump's facsism, or you're opposed to Trump because you want to be able to have meaningful voting in the future. That's it. There are no other options. Anyone who is still undecided is willfully ignorant or a complete idiot. Anyone who supports Trump because they think he's going to allow freedom has had the wool pulled over their eyes.

GasBandit

Staff member
Here's a conventional news source documenting it as well, in case you need to send the store to somebody who doesn't believe things they see on Twitter simply because they're on Twitter, even if it is raw video

Trump urges Christians to vote: ‘You won’t have to do it’ in four years https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4795823-trump-encourages-christians-vote/

And another

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
I also find it interesting that Trump said "I [*mumble*] a Christian," while shaking his head no. Like that's a lie that even he can't say with conviction. Maybe he said "I am a Christian" maybe "I'm not a Christian", but his body language says he's denying it.

figmentPez

Staff member
I think it’s also very plausible he meant “If I win I won’t be able to run in 2028 so I don’t care if you vote.”
If he'd only said it once, that would be plausible. He's repeated it multiple times, and every time someone has pointed out that it sounds fascist. Yet he's kept repeating it, so it must be a dog whistle. He knows it sounds fascist, and he keeps saying it anyway because he wants white nationalists to know that he's going to be their kind of fascist.

I think it’s also very plausible he meant “If I win I won’t be able to run in 2028 so I don’t care if you vote.”
He didn't let a small thing like losing an election stop him from trying to stay on, why would he let that silly other rule do it ?

They’re going all-in on “Kamala isn’t really black.” That’s a good, smart move and won’t make them seem weird IMO.
An octoroon who looks white? STILL BLACK.
This woman who is partially from Indian descent? OBVIOUSLY NOT REALLY BLACK.

Truely we live in the weirdest timeline.

My stepmother is Black/Indian, and if her attitude is any indication of what this means, Trump has every reason to avoid debating Kamala, because she will absolutely eviscerate him on stage.

--Patrick