Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Yes but what about when it goes the other way? Will we see things like 醉鞋帶 or 穢嫌?
Shoestring fries
Ground beef
--Patrick

Oh those translated Chinese (and Japanese) menus

Spoilered for size

Google tells me that "You don't want to know" is "Tiger Skin Chicken Feet"
It does say "tiger skin chicken feet" but the dish doesn't actually involve tiger skin. It's basically chicken feet braised in sauces. The braising process gives the chicken feet a banded appearance reminiscent of the stripes on a tiger.

GasBandit

Staff member
It does say "tiger skin chicken feet" but the dish doesn't actually involve tiger skin. It's basically chicken feet braised in sauces. The braising process gives the chicken feet a banded appearance reminiscent of the stripes on a tiger.
Ok, now explain "fuck the duck until it exploded" please

爆 (bào) literally means explode, but in cuisine it means to fry something in oil over a very high heat to release the aromas. This often creates a popping or crackling effect, reminiscent of an explosion, which is why it's called 爆.

干 (gān or gàn) in Simplified Chinese can have two meanings, dry and fuck. They are pronounced differently, but they are both written with the same character.

干爆 would normally mean to "dry" fry over a high heat, ie to use less oil than normal. Therefore, 干爆鴨子 would normally mean to fry the duck meat (likely chopped up into chunks) over high heat with not too much oil, thus creating an aromatic dish that's crispy on the outside while tender in the middle.

However, Chinese also has an interesting quirk where a verb phrase comprises a character that forms the verb and then another character that serves as an adverb, adjective, or result. 打歪 ("hit crooked") would mean to knock something askew. 念完 ("read finish") means to read something to its end, like a novel or a textbook. 睡飽 ("sleep satiated") means to get enough sleep. Thus, 干爆 ("fuck explode") would mean "fucking something to cause it to explode".

And so we get "Fuck the duck until exploded".

Yes I also hope that the gynecologist would not paint what each area of the floor tastes, in Spanish or otherwise.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Wouldn't this just taste like watered down tequila? Tequila and vodka both have roughly the same alcohol content, so all this does is remove the tequila taste.
I'm okay with this.

That being said, only once in my life did I truly have "sipping tequila". My Canadian boss in Shanghai brought it back from a trip tp Mexico and told me he'd slug me if I downed it like a shot as one tends to do with your typical bar tequila. It was one of the smoothest drinks I've ever had. I didn't even know tequila could taste so good.

I'm okay with this.

That being said, only once in my life did I truly have "sipping tequila". My Canadian boss in Shanghai brought it back from a trip tp Mexico and told me he'd slug me if I downed it like a shot as one tends to do with your typical bar tequila. It was one of the smoothest drinks I've ever had. I didn't even know tequila could taste so good.
I once had a Don Julio Anejo that was 20 years in the barrel. It had taken on so much vanillin from the wood that it almost tasted like cream soda.

I've also heard they tell you not to pick your teeth with any sharp metal object.
But then you sit in their chair, and the first thing they grab is an iron hook.

Please tell me all these things are part of the 101 curriculum.

--Patrick

I've also heard they tell you not to pick your teeth with any sharp metal object.
But then you sit in their chair, and the first thing they grab is an iron hook.

Please tell me all these things are part of the 101 curriculum.

--Patrick
Reminds me of a joke I heard from a stand-up. "The doctor said I had astigmatism from the light at the back of the theatre shining in my eyes over years of doing comedy. He said I can fix it with laser eye surgery. I said what's that, and he said, 'Well I shine this light in your eye...'"