Funny (political, religious) pictures

Unfortunately, "we" scared Steinman off not simply because he felt we did not respect his beliefs, but because "we" also wished his children would get cancer (and that came straight from the man himself). I'd take Steinman and his Mormonism any day of the week, despite not believing a single drop of it, over the toxic bile that passes for common 'civilized' discourse on a certain few of our subforums.
Wow, I don't remember that at all. Not saying it didn't happen. Just that I don't remember.

Wow, I don't remember that at all. Not saying it didn't happen. Just that I don't remember.
I didn’t at first, so I went and looked it up. Yeah, it was ugly. I understand the idea that the other person was trying to convey, but wishing harm upon Steinman’s children to teach him a lesson or some such was a step too far.

Unfortunately, "we" scared Steinman off not simply because he felt we did not respect his beliefs, but because "we" also wished his children would get cancer (and that came straight from the man himself). I'd take Steinman and his Mormonism any day of the week, despite not believing a single drop of it, over the toxic bile that passes for common 'civilized' discourse on a certain few of our subforums.
You know, its funny. I remembered that I was the one who scared him off, but I didn't think I wished his kids would get cancer so I looked it up. That is such a phenomenally dumb way to interpret what I said and nobody would've given it a second thought if he didn't leave over it. It was literally just pointing his support for policies that hurt vaguely distant people that don't matter to him and pointing out how he would feel if it effected people close to him. Find another excuse to justify his bigotry in the name of civility.

Reactions: Cat
You know, its funny. I remembered that I was the one who scared him off, but I didn't think I wished his kids would get cancer so I looked it up. That is such a phenomenally dumb way to interpret what I said and nobody would've given it a second thought if he didn't leave over it. It was literally just pointing his support for policies that hurt vaguely distant people that don't matter to him and pointing out how he would feel if it effected people close to him. Find another excuse to justify his bigotry in the name of civility.
Totally get people misunderstanding your posts in the worst way
Post automatically merged:

And that was a good line lol

When you see the heavens and the earth, you get this sense that this could not have come from random chance.

Least that's what my church pastor tells us on occasion when he geeks out on science.
I see this argument from time to time and it makes no sense to me. Every other configuration of the "heavens and Earth" are equally as unlikely. We had to land on something and this is it. We evolved to fit in this world because that is how evolution works. If it was set up differently, some other form of life may have evolved to fit in that setup and could claim it was just as unlikely.

If you roll a die 2,000 times, you have to come up with some outcome. Sitting at the end and looking back saying "Wow! What are the odds we got THIS set of numbers?" is looking at it from the wrong end.

There was a comic made by a creationist showing a Coca-Cola can being formed over millions of years by complete random chance, it was obviously mocking the idea that something as intricate as life (or more specifically, humanity) could be random. They never seem to really get it because they don't understand biology and don't really want to understand it.

They never seem to really get it because they don't understand biology and don't really want to understand it.
They also don't understand the law of large numbers and the sheer immensity of the number of dice being rolled again and again over an unfathomable length of time.
Using the phrase "random chance" like it's some kind of synonym for "impossible" discounts the literally unimaginable number of times those dice have been rolled since the beginning of time.

--Patrick

There was a comic made by a creationist showing a Coca-Cola can being formed over millions of years by complete random chance, it was obviously mocking the idea that something as intricate as life (or more specifically, humanity) could be random. They never seem to really get it because they don't understand biology and don't really want to understand it.
I'm absolutely sure that given enough time and space, nature will eventually throw up a rock looking 100% exactly identical to a coke bottle. it's not even that weird a shape, with curved sides and all, I could see a rock that shape forming in a river flow.

Throw dice long enough, and eventually you'll have a streak of 10.000 sixes in a row, on a fair die. It's possible, it's just not going to happen in your life span.

Who made the dicemaker?
No, Who's on second.

I'm absolutely sure that given enough time and space, nature will eventually throw up a rock looking 100% exactly identical to a coke bottle. it's not even that weird a shape, with curved sides and all, I could see a rock that shape forming in a river flow.

Throw dice long enough, and eventually you'll have a streak of 10.000 sixes in a row, on a fair die. It's possible, it's just not going to happen in your life span.

No, Who's on second.

There's a shortage of older men who have to interact with dozens or hundreds of plague vectors per day? Noooooooooo.